ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

why lithium reacts less vigarously than sodium ?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Dohhh !! check the reactivity series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactivity_series

Elements at the top are hyper reactive and this decreases downwards..

sodium comes above lithium so likewise it reacts more vigorously

3 years ago

Lithium is a small molecule compared to sodium.... the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus in Li is more than the attraction between outermost electron and nuclei of Na... when a small amount of energy is supplied to Sodium, the outermost electron jumps out and enables Na to take part in Chemical reactions... while in the case of Li more amount of energy is to be supplied to overcome the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus... Hence Na reacts vigorously when compared to Li..... PLZ approve this answer!!!!!

3 years ago

but energy will be released on rection with water rt

3 years ago

U will learn in higher classes that energy is inversely propotional to stability.....

consider the reaction:

REACTANTS ----> PRODUCTS

where enormous amount of energy is lost in the form of heat... the energy of the products is less than the energy of the reactants (heat is lost)... hence the products is stable when compared to the reactants... Na has higher energy than Li... it is less stable compare to Li... it reacts with water vigorously and enormous amount of heat is lost during the process and forms NaOH which is stable... Li also reacts with water vigorously but since its already stable (has less energy) it reacts less vigorusly than water....

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i have got a seat in iit roorkee and paid the fee in the frst round of seat allocation. i have to inform to iit roorkee for my admission. but due to some reasons i cannot go to roorkee. the...

JEE office in Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285224, 284272 U.G. Admission Contact No. +91-1332-284289, 285200 Registrar IIT Roorkee Contact No. +91-1332-285311 The above are the means by...
  img
Aziz Alam 10 months ago

i tried to contact them but the phones sometimes were busy and sometimes it doesn’t connect. can i try a letter to the chairman of jee advanced for refund. they have specified they wont give...

ranganath 10 months ago
hi, iam pragdheesh of class XII. iam willing to write the jee exam for the year 2015. there are two exams (B. E./B. Tech) and (B.E.Arch/B.E.Planning). is it fine to write, how is the course...

B.Arch is usually taken by students with a deep interest in Engineering drawing and related fields like automobile designing, architecture, etc. and is preferred by a lower number of...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago

That is totally upto you. If you are comfortable with the online paper, you can go for the online test also. If not, then only choice left is offline test. There is not much of a difference...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago

how about the next quwstion – Which option to be opted for writting the exam online/offline. Give your suggesstions.?

pragdheesh 6 months ago
two coils are placed close to each other.the mutual inductance of pair of coils depends on which of the following factors - 1.the rates at which d currents are changing in the coil....

Mutual inductance depends only on the geometry of the coils. So, answer is 2
  img
Abhishek Kumar 2 months ago

Mutual inductance signifies some form of magnetic coupling between two inductors or coils, depending on their distance and arrangement. If the answer says otherwise, it is wrong.
  img
Abhishek Kumar 2 months ago

dats wat i thought too ,but d solution says d answer is 3.its a previous asked aieee question.can u plx elaborate...

naina 2 months ago
i scored 87 percent in cbse board and dropped one year ,plz tell me what min marks i should score so that i can get any of the top 3 nits pref. branches : cs , aerospace ,mechanical

For you to get into NIT(top three) in CS,Aerospace, Mechanical, then you have to score more than 220 above out of 360. This benchmark may vary but not that much.On a safe side you need to...
  img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago
My son has scored 108 no in JEE MAINS 2015 Can he get Mechanical Branch in Good Colleges

As per your score in mains exam I will recommend you to apply for any private colleges like SKIET , BITS, PSG College of technology, S.J Colege of Engineering and more other colleges. They...

Leepika Roy 20 days ago

chances are very low rather try management quota in vit, srm ,bms if you have 20 lakhs for his 4 years in total.

Siddharth Srivats 21 days ago

It's really very tough to get a government college but yes he may get some good private institute

Mantavya 21 days ago
how to crack BITSAT and how much would i need to get gud stream ple tell me study preparation

The time you need to spend depends on your preperation level for JEE Mains and how clear is your basics in 11 th and 12 th is. BITSAT is generally easier than JEE Mains, easier simple...

Nihad CU one month ago

u need to score around 335 for bits pilani good stream you must take online tests on same pattern increase ur speed and acuuracy both can take arihant book for bitsat 2015 approve if useful...

ng29 one month ago
View all Questions »