Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: APR30

why lithium reacts less vigarously than sodium ?

4 years ago

Answers : (4)

Dohhh !! check the reactivity series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactivity_series

Elements at the top are hyper reactive and this decreases downwards..

sodium comes above lithium so likewise it reacts more vigorously

4 years ago

Lithium is a small molecule compared to sodium.... the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus in Li is more than the attraction between outermost electron and nuclei of Na... when a small amount of energy is supplied to Sodium, the outermost electron jumps out and enables Na to take part in Chemical reactions... while in the case of Li more amount of energy is to be supplied to overcome the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus... Hence Na reacts vigorously when compared to Li..... PLZ approve this answer!!!!!

4 years ago

but energy will be released on rection with water rt

4 years ago

U will learn in higher classes that energy is inversely propotional to stability.....

consider the reaction:

REACTANTS ----> PRODUCTS

where enormous amount of energy is lost in the form of heat... the energy of the products is less than the energy of the reactants (heat is lost)... hence the products is stable when compared to the reactants... Na has higher energy than Li... it is less stable compare to Li... it reacts with water vigorously and enormous amount of heat is lost during the process and forms NaOH which is stable... Li also reacts with water vigorously but since its already stable (has less energy) it reacts less vigorusly than water....

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Can you tell some tips for prepartion of jee exam for an 11 th student ?

Dear Student, You Should be active and regular in your coaching institute. Solve the sheets and revise the topics on the on the regular basis. And most important, keep clearing your doubts....
  img
Vijay Mukati 28 days ago

hello, learn basics first step by,step.like allgebra,trigonometri,matrices,geometry,functions like that.then study ncert books and other meterials.understand concept wise.then pray the...

raj kumar 26 days ago
sir, i am only doing aakash study material. Am i going right or i should pick up some book. tell me what expected rank would i get after doing aakash sheets fully in jee main and jee...

Dear, with my experience of three different institutions, i found no offline coaching institutes can provides solution concept of each and every paper.. Now, i am with askIITians.com, the...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago

They’ll definitely provide whole stuff regarding JEE and cover all types of problems and techniques but the faculty teaching may vary from institute to institute. You can have other...
  img
Avinash 10 months ago

Aksah Institute has earned an image after a heavy toll so if they need to keep it maintained and also to enhance it, then they need to strive hard for the same, thus keeping in mind these...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago
will you please suggest me anything about IIT?How it is useful in our career?

Getting into the IIT’s will make you a true scholar with respect to academics as well as extra curricular activities too. You are free there to work on your ideas and the labs are also...
  img
Suraj Prasad 7 days ago

Dear student, IITs are world best engineering colleges to study in. IT will give a boost to ur career like anything.... Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 7 days ago
which should I choose jaypee noida or lnmiit jaipur for cs ?

Dear student Infrastructure wise LNMIIT had a little edge over JIIT Placement scenarios are similar in both LNMIIT and JIIT Fee in both the institutes were same. In LNMIIT almost all the...
  img
Nishant Vora 9 months ago

Go with JAYPEE Noida....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 9 months ago
Sir my son scored 5704 ranking in JEE. Please suggest few good branches-collage. He is not interested in chemical engineering.Regards

your son may get civi

VAISHNAVI BATHINA 10 months ago

civil engineering ,electrical ,electronics and communications at ism dhanbad

VAISHNAVI BATHINA 10 months ago
what is the laplace transformation of cosx?

= p/(p^2 +1)

vikas yadav one year ago

You need to integrate by parts twice, then you will find original integral in your integration result on right side. Solve resulting expression for this integral and plug in the limits of...

Drake one year ago

laplace is in cbse?

vikas yadav one year ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: APR30

• View Details