ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

why lithium reacts less vigarously than sodium ?

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Dohhh !! check the reactivity series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactivity_series

Elements at the top are hyper reactive and this decreases downwards..

sodium comes above lithium so likewise it reacts more vigorously

3 years ago

Lithium is a small molecule compared to sodium.... the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus in Li is more than the attraction between outermost electron and nuclei of Na... when a small amount of energy is supplied to Sodium, the outermost electron jumps out and enables Na to take part in Chemical reactions... while in the case of Li more amount of energy is to be supplied to overcome the attraction between the outermost electron and the nucleus... Hence Na reacts vigorously when compared to Li..... PLZ approve this answer!!!!!

3 years ago

but energy will be released on rection with water rt

3 years ago

U will learn in higher classes that energy is inversely propotional to stability.....

consider the reaction:

REACTANTS ----> PRODUCTS

where enormous amount of energy is lost in the form of heat... the energy of the products is less than the energy of the reactants (heat is lost)... hence the products is stable when compared to the reactants... Na has higher energy than Li... it is less stable compare to Li... it reacts with water vigorously and enormous amount of heat is lost during the process and forms NaOH which is stable... Li also reacts with water vigorously but since its already stable (has less energy) it reacts less vigorusly than water....

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If r,s,t are prime numbers and p,q are the positive integers such that L.c.m of p,q is r 2 s 4 t 2 ., then the total number of ordered pairs(p,q) is ??

sorry it is incorrect solution, i mistakened it for factors rather than lcm question Correct solution Selection for p &q p q ways r 0 r 2 1 r 1 r 2 1 r 2 r 0 , r 1, r 2 1 Total way to select...

Abhishek Singh 3 months ago

no. of pais possible=3*5*3=45

Abhishek Singh 3 months ago
Hello Sir/Madam I am a student of class 12 and an aspirant of IIT JEE so can you please give me some tips about how to manage my time and cover the whole syllabus as only 8 months are left...

You should be patient and be able to manage your time to the maximum efficiency. By time management, I mean you should be able to extract maximum self-study time from a day and allocate...
  img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago

Sir can you please suggest me something for my doubts any place where I can get my doubts cleared.

Anchit 8 months ago
Hi I’m from bangalore. I had missed IIT with a really small margin. Now I’m in Engineering 1 st semister. I have 8 months left. How shall I plan to study? P.S: It takes a litle time to...

Coaching is a super structure providing –planned regime and expert guidance but ultimately it’s the students who have to work hard to crack the exams. 1. The students must remain...
  img
Harishwar 6 months ago

You will face a lot problems in juggling with JEE preparation and dealing with the academic committments of your college. You need to make a trade off between the two, i.e., given somebody a...
  img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago
i am getting 112 marks and excepted board percentage in between 85% and 90% cbse 2015 predict my rank according to your experience and also suggest me colleges in punjab and nearby states is...

last yearcut off for jee main was 115 and this year its expected to be more than that so as ur score is less than previous years cut off in my opinion u will not be able to qualify jee main...

ng29 3 days ago

please someone give me answer i am to tense for my future

zxcv 3 days ago
Sir can you provide me the list of top government engineering colleges in india for civil engineering(Nit’s IIIt’s Government colleges combined list)?

TOP 10 COLLEGES IN INDIA FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING: IIT KANPUR: IIT, Kanpur carries out cutting edge research work & development in engineering and technology. It makes students competent...
  img
Harishwar 7 months ago
sir i have 70%marks in my 12 th boards i want to get admission in iit or nit what should i have to do now...plzz tell me

If your JEE Rank is good you will surely get admission into IIT or NIT colleges but according to your Board marks weightage ..U vl not get into this colleges

Pritesh 8 months ago
View all Questions »