Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 7,500 off
USE CODE: SPCL50

i'v pasd my 12th dis year..n i am willing to give next years jee exam..so i would like to know how should i and what should i study in order to get a very good rank in jee + i have to go to college simultaneously..so what can work best for me?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

hi, i too did the same last yr,i got 784 rnk this time

i advice u not to depend on any coaching institute,and concentrate prob solving speed as jee pattern is changing evry yr

i prefer for physics-h.c verma,chemistry ncert,maths s.k goyal

dont do multiple books but do one book thoroughly and write more mock tests to get speed n accuracy

dont do highly complicated/lengthy prob they r of no use

5 years ago

Dear nancy sihmar,

Well One Year preparation for IIT-JEE simultaneously with other College Studies will be a lot difficult becasue there are lakhs of students who are preparing day & night for this prestigious examination 2 years !

So you must put in honesh & dedicated efforts to supress others chances of edging past you !!

Yo must be willing to work atleast 6-8 hours for IIT-JEE !!

If so then do it otherwise do not lose your College Studies & IIT-JEE both !!!!

suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

• MECHANICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• Resnick and Halliday

• ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

• Resnick and Halliday Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• OPTICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• MODERN PHYSICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

• HEAT AND WAVES

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• Morrison & Boyd

• Solutions to Morrison Boyd

• Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla

• INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

• IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

• GENERAL CHEMISTRY

• J.D. Lee

• O.P. Aggarwal

• R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA

• High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

• IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

• CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

• G.N.Berman

• Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

• Coordinate geometry by Loney

• I.A.Maron

• VECTORS

All  the Best & Good Luck !!

Hope this helped you immensely..!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!Smile

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

sir i have got 103 in mains 91%in cbse 2016 can i get nit allahabad with it if i belong to sc.

Dear Student, your both the scores – board as well as Jee and on the top your category, they all convince that you must get a seat at NIT Allahabad, but, It would be a wise decision ot to...

Aneesh Sehgal 16 days ago

please predict your rank using askiitians rank predictor and compare your score with last year cutoff.. to check last year cutoff visit...

SAHIL 18 days ago

yes you can ..because u are from a reserved candidate gives u a boot against those of general candidates...All the best

shikhar panwar 17 days ago
Imporatant topics fo PCM IN JEE MAINS AND ADVANCED 2017

Physics: Electrostatics & Gravitation(conceptually similar) Current Electricity &Heat Transfer (conceptually similar) ElectromagneticInduction Waves (Sound as well as optics)...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 27 days ago

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/preparation-tips.html http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/preparation-tips/ The above link will give you an idea for important topics for JEE....
  img
Ankit 27 days ago

you can go to following link to check your answer: http://blog.askiitians.com/get-important-topics-physics-chemistry-maths-study-jee-mains/ thanks and approve my answer

SAHIL 27 days ago
sir,i want to know how many rounds are there in IITs this year for councilling?

There will be 2 rounds of JEE COUNSLING THIS YR.
  img
Charchit Tailong 11 months ago

Generally two to three rounds are there and if some seats are left vacant then fourth or subsequently spot round is conducted, the most deserving candidates get through in first two or at...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

already 3 rounds are done,how can there be 2 rounds?

Ayush Saxena 11 months ago
I have only six months for preparation for jee mains 2016 suggest me the book to solve

For mathematics:ncert exemplar and mcq books by a Das Gupta are the best.. It has right mix of questions ranging from easier to diificult level ...if you solve these two book then your...

Himanshu 8 months ago

For physical chemistry use p bhadur book...it one of the best book for iitjee mains and advanced.. For physical study ncert line by line to build base and then study hc verma or DC Pandey...

Himanshu 8 months ago

organic:you need to study all mechanisms and reactions .... First study ncert book and then go for some coaching material or any other book you have purchased earlier .......

Himanshu 8 months ago
I have got 88 in jee main and I am of obc category.I am expecting 95% in 2nd puc Karnataka board exam.What wud be my approximate rank and will I get any nit or iiit. Thank You

Dear Sudent, you can use askiitians’ rank predictor and let me tell you that your score is not quite good, but there is still ahope for you if you keep visiting the official weblinks of...

Aneesh Sehgal 29 days ago

your rank will be in between 35000-40000 there are chances of getting a nit but negligible chance of getting iit thanks and approve my answer regards sahil

SAHIL one month ago
I’am in 12 th std. Recentlly passed 11 th . Which one to give more time boards or entrance? from 2017 board component will not be added so will that effect anyhow? what should be the...

It’s a myth that School Board preparation eats away precious quality time of the students.2016 JEE mains had demonstrated it.CBSE books are the text books we should embrace it.It had been...

Sanjeev Anand one month ago

hello, don’t worry about the 2 nd year.it is so easy.first you understand the concept of the subject and then read it then think about that.when you understand the concept then you are able ...

raj 2 months ago

dear, you passed inter 1 st year, so next u go to the inter 2 nd year, in inter 2 nd year lab exams are there so u can work not hardly, if u get the good marks u will study only 5hrs/day...

mohan 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 7,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 7,500 off