Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Hi . I am just in the 11th standard , and I am an IIT Aspirant . But I am confused about the best way of preperation . The approach for preperation which I am taking right now is :

1. Finish a particular topic first from basic text-books
2. Solve some more subjective from some higher-standard book.
3. Solve Objective / IIT-Specific books

But in this way , I end up doing (1+1+3) = 5 books per subject, that is 3 objective books - I haven't found any objective book yet ( for Maths ) that covers all types of sums. Let me know if this is the correct approach , or whether it needs rectification .

Second confusion is about books - only regarding Maths. I have the following books apart from my board's text book:

Subjective :

1. R.D. Sharma
2. IIT Mathematics by M.L.Khanna
3. Problems Plus by Asit Das Gupta

So in subjective there goes 4 books! i.e Basic textbook + these three books. But it's impossible to finish so many in two years! Please suggest me subjective books from this list . Even if you suggest 2 subjective books ( apart from the textbook ) , tell me whether you are absolutely certain that it'll cover all types and clear all concepts.

Now, Objective books:

1. Rudiments of Mathematics MCQ( for my WBJEE preperation )
2. R.D.Sharma - Objective Mathematics
3. Asit Dasgupta MCQ
4. Arihant New Patten IIT Mathematics by S.K.Goyal
5. TataMcGrawHill's Course in Maths for IIT

The confusion : The first book I cannot skip - it is like a basic objective book , of good standard . I can't skip it as it will be of immense help for my WBJEE preperation . Second book, R.D.Sharma Objective is another book which I love - I love the approach - esp. algebra theory part. Asit Dasgupta MCQ seems to cover many types of MCQ and SEEMS to be a complete MCQ book - but then again it contans no algorithms / tricks / facts at the beginning of each chapter. Arihant New Pattern IIT Mathematics also seems to be an excellent book with many types of problems - but only and only for IIT , it doesn't help in preparing state-level engineering entrances ( from what I have observed from the type of questions ). Lastly , TMH Mathematics - I find the examples of TMH distinctly different and difficult frm all these books. 

Please help me .

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

i want to opt for jee main online computer based exam in 2017 at surat. i want to know EXACT address of Surat [ Gujarat ] centre which will conduct jee main 2016 online computer based exam...

If you have opted for online test for JEE MAIN 16, it would be mentioned on your hall ticket which you will download from JEEMAIN weblink.. All the best..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago

Dear student The exact address of any online centre of Surat will be posted to you once you will fill your code.Before that they don’t release centre names in order to prevent any...
  img
Bhavya 3 months ago

hello, in the hallticket exact address is there about exam center.but you dont know the address then take some one help. ….….….….…..ALL THE BEST.........................................

raj 3 months ago
Heyy..I’m a dropper and prepairing for iit-jee 2017. My concept are not weak enough. I have only 8 months left. I want to know hou much max time i must devote to each subject so that i can...

@ harsh as u told that your concept are not weak , so, if thats strong then u only need some support . ‘for that u need to just read the concept , do the following things 1- frst of all...

Umakant biswal 2 days ago

FOR A DROPPER THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT FOR WHICH HE SHOULD STUDY IN ONE DAY. TRY TO GIVE ATLEAST 2 COMPLETE HOURS TO A PARTICULAR SUBJECT DAILY. THIS WILL HELP YOU TO COMPLETE YOUR SYLLABUS...

SAHIL 2 days ago
What is the cutoff % of Bihar board this year to seat in IIT jee exam 2017?

you need atleast more than 75% marks in intermediate exams to get a seat in iit jee. so you can say cutoff is 75% thanks

SAHIL 13 days ago
IN CHEMSTRY, PHYSICS,MATHEMATICS

Hello Student, Pls post full question again
  img
Nishant Vora one year ago

just work hard in all three . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake one year ago

Read Aman Goel’s blog. It is a huge help to aspirants like us!

RON one year ago
Is Vidya Mandir Correspondence Course good for me to prepare for IIT-JEE Entrance ?

Hi Vishlesh, course material of one of the leading coaching institutes is more than sufficient.....along with NCERT and reference books..... But you should do thoroughly only one material.

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar 6 years ago

no. I don't think it is of that standard!

jee king king 6 years ago
what are best books for mathematics and chemistry ?

Best reference Book for PHYSICS is Arihant or H C Verma For Organic chemistry Arihant book is best For inorganic O P Tandon For Maths M L Khanna

Ramesh V 6 years ago

Hi The best books for Maths are: A Das Gupta SL Loney IA Maron For chemistry are IL Finar JD Lee Pradeeps

Askiitian.Expert Rajat 6 years ago

THE BEST BOOK IN MATHS:R.D.SHarma arihant in chemistry:use arihant

SAITEJA GOUD one year ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

• View Details