ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Hi . I am just in the 11th standard , and I am an IIT Aspirant . But I am confused about the best way of preperation . The approach for preperation which I am taking right now is :

1. Finish a particular topic first from basic text-books
2. Solve some more subjective from some higher-standard book.
3. Solve Objective / IIT-Specific books

But in this way , I end up doing (1+1+3) = 5 books per subject, that is 3 objective books - I haven't found any objective book yet ( for Maths ) that covers all types of sums. Let me know if this is the correct approach , or whether it needs rectification .

Second confusion is about books - only regarding Maths. I have the following books apart from my board's text book:

Subjective :

1. R.D. Sharma
2. IIT Mathematics by M.L.Khanna
3. Problems Plus by Asit Das Gupta

So in subjective there goes 4 books! i.e Basic textbook + these three books. But it's impossible to finish so many in two years! Please suggest me subjective books from this list . Even if you suggest 2 subjective books ( apart from the textbook ) , tell me whether you are absolutely certain that it'll cover all types and clear all concepts.

Now, Objective books:

1. Rudiments of Mathematics MCQ( for my WBJEE preperation )
2. R.D.Sharma - Objective Mathematics
3. Asit Dasgupta MCQ
4. Arihant New Patten IIT Mathematics by S.K.Goyal
5. TataMcGrawHill's Course in Maths for IIT

The confusion : The first book I cannot skip - it is like a basic objective book , of good standard . I can't skip it as it will be of immense help for my WBJEE preperation . Second book, R.D.Sharma Objective is another book which I love - I love the approach - esp. algebra theory part. Asit Dasgupta MCQ seems to cover many types of MCQ and SEEMS to be a complete MCQ book - but then again it contans no algorithms / tricks / facts at the beginning of each chapter. Arihant New Pattern IIT Mathematics also seems to be an excellent book with many types of problems - but only and only for IIT , it doesn't help in preparing state-level engineering entrances ( from what I have observed from the type of questions ). Lastly , TMH Mathematics - I find the examples of TMH distinctly different and difficult frm all these books. 

Please help me .

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why do British people say "maths" and Regular people say "math"?

Actually, almost everyone (in the English-speaking world) except the Americans and some Canadians, say "maths". To be honest with you, I have rarely seen Regular people. Most people I meet...

vikas yadav 28 days ago

It is really a Interesting Question that why do British People say "Maths" and Regular People say "Math". SO behalf of my thinking it is the Way of different different Countries to say Words...

vikas yadav 28 days ago

kehte the to kehthe

vikas yadav 20 days ago
how to prepare the organic chemistry?

1. Don’t believe the hype Don’t let yourself get psyched out by the people around you whining about how difficult organic chemistry is. I let myself get taken in by the horror...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 4 days ago

Dear Student, Organic chemistry is very scoring and very easy to prepare. You just have be focused on fundamentals. All name reactions. All concepts must be clear. Tips to Prepare: 1) All...
  img
Nishant Vora 4 days ago
two coils are placed close to each other.the mutual inductance of pair of coils depends on which of the following factors - 1.the rates at which d currents are changing in the coil....

Mutual inductance signifies some form of magnetic coupling between two inductors or coils, depending on their distance and arrangement. If the answer says otherwise, it is wrong.
  img
Abhishek Kumar one month ago

Mutual inductance depends only on the geometry of the coils. So, answer is 2
  img
Abhishek Kumar one month ago

dats wat i thought too ,but d solution says d answer is 3.its a previous asked aieee question.can u plx elaborate...

naina one month ago
a car moves towards north at a speed of 54km/h for 1h.then iy moves eastward with same speed for same duration.the average speed and velocity of car for complete journey is ? how to find...

Hi , The total distance covered = 54 + 54 = 108 Km The final displacement = 54 2 Km Average speed = Distance / time = 108 / 2 = 54 Km/h Average velocity = Dispalcement / time = 54 2 /2 = 27...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 5 months ago
IWANT FREE IIT ONLINE CLASSES ON CHEMISTRY,MATHS,PHYSICS. SO PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS. IF THERE IS ANY CLASS PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER. 09849006590 THANKYOU

HI Hiren You can access only some free material online ..AskIItians also provide free online materials. But if you want completly free online classes .then there is no such classes...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
which institute is best for iit coaching in delhi ncr

Dear shikhin You can start online coaching where you can have a flexible timing ..So i wud advise you to join Askiitians.com.. For online coaching All you need is a 128kbps internet...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »