Use Coupon: CART40 and get 40% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Hi . I am just in the 11th standard , and I am an IIT Aspirant . But I am confused about the best way of preperation . The approach for preperation which I am taking right now is :

1. Finish a particular topic first from basic text-books
2. Solve some more subjective from some higher-standard book.
3. Solve Objective / IIT-Specific books

But in this way , I end up doing (1+1+3) = 5 books per subject, that is 3 objective books - I haven't found any objective book yet ( for Maths ) that covers all types of sums. Let me know if this is the correct approach , or whether it needs rectification .

Second confusion is about books - only regarding Maths. I have the following books apart from my board's text book:

Subjective :

1. R.D. Sharma
2. IIT Mathematics by M.L.Khanna
3. Problems Plus by Asit Das Gupta

So in subjective there goes 4 books! i.e Basic textbook + these three books. But it's impossible to finish so many in two years! Please suggest me subjective books from this list . Even if you suggest 2 subjective books ( apart from the textbook ) , tell me whether you are absolutely certain that it'll cover all types and clear all concepts.

Now, Objective books:

1. Rudiments of Mathematics MCQ( for my WBJEE preperation )
2. R.D.Sharma - Objective Mathematics
3. Asit Dasgupta MCQ
4. Arihant New Patten IIT Mathematics by S.K.Goyal
5. TataMcGrawHill's Course in Maths for IIT

The confusion : The first book I cannot skip - it is like a basic objective book , of good standard . I can't skip it as it will be of immense help for my WBJEE preperation . Second book, R.D.Sharma Objective is another book which I love - I love the approach - esp. algebra theory part. Asit Dasgupta MCQ seems to cover many types of MCQ and SEEMS to be a complete MCQ book - but then again it contans no algorithms / tricks / facts at the beginning of each chapter. Arihant New Pattern IIT Mathematics also seems to be an excellent book with many types of problems - but only and only for IIT , it doesn't help in preparing state-level engineering entrances ( from what I have observed from the type of questions ). Lastly , TMH Mathematics - I find the examples of TMH distinctly different and difficult frm all these books. 

Please help me .

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Sir i got AIR 85680 in obc category in jee mains,can i get admission in NIT in electrical engineering
Getting core branches is difficult for you. You may be requred to wait upto spot round for getting this.
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago
Its difficult to say at this moment.
Tier 2 or tier 3 NITs.
only few months are left how can i crack jee exam 2016
Keep faith in yourselves. Prepare a time table, plan proper time for basic concepts and numericals and previous year papers. Faculty of the institute and study material that you follow...
Avinash 4 months ago
You have enough time now. Concentrate on your weak points. Try to convert them into positive one. Regarding Maths, Solve the questions regularly from any practice sets/books. Also focus on...
got 15321 rank in jee advance passed aat exam after that can i get b arch in iit
Yes there are pretty good chances for you to get a seat, still you must visit the official weblink of Jeemains to check the current status there and let me tell you that there are some...
Soneel Verma 4 months ago
Youn need to clear AAT and your score does not seem to be much promising, still pay a visit to the official weblinks of IIT Roorkee/ Kharagpur and find out where do you stand and then...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
Thanku for your answer but i specifically wanted to know about the barch courses at iit rorkee and khargpur
Yash Arora 4 months ago
cut off marks in2015 re aipmt exam
Depends totally on how others have performed. How much are you getting?
Neeti 4 months ago
Sir I dropped for jee but got 114 marks in jee mains. And now I am studying in IP university. I am thinking to reappear for jee next year. This will be my last attempt so should I go for it...
Actually, to be very transapert, what you are thinking, its the approach of maximum students, who went through JEE drop and unfortunately couldn’t qualify. I would like to suggest you,...
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago
i will appear in iitjee in 2011 . how should i prepare for it ?
Dear rounik Fitst I will suggest you to join any coaching classes.Because as you are preapearing for IIT JEE then you will face a tough comptition. coaching classes can guide in a better...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details