Hi . I am just in the 11th standard , and I am an IIT Aspirant . But I am confused about the best way of preperation . The approach for preperation which I am taking right now is :

1. Finish a particular topic first from basic text-books
2. Solve some more subjective from some higher-standard book.
3. Solve Objective / IIT-Specific books

But in this way , I end up doing (1+1+3) = 5 books per subject, that is 3 objective books - I haven't found any objective book yet ( for Maths ) that covers all types of sums. Let me know if this is the correct approach , or whether it needs rectification .

Second confusion is about books - only regarding Maths. I have the following books apart from my board's text book:

Subjective :

1. R.D. Sharma
2. IIT Mathematics by M.L.Khanna
3. Problems Plus by Asit Das Gupta

So in subjective there goes 4 books! i.e Basic textbook + these three books. But it's impossible to finish so many in two years! Please suggest me subjective books from this list . Even if you suggest 2 subjective books ( apart from the textbook ) , tell me whether you are absolutely certain that it'll cover all types and clear all concepts.

Now, Objective books:

1. Rudiments of Mathematics MCQ( for my WBJEE preperation )
2. R.D.Sharma - Objective Mathematics
3. Asit Dasgupta MCQ
4. Arihant New Patten IIT Mathematics by S.K.Goyal
5. TataMcGrawHill's Course in Maths for IIT

The confusion : The first book I cannot skip - it is like a basic objective book , of good standard . I can't skip it as it will be of immense help for my WBJEE preperation . Second book, R.D.Sharma Objective is another book which I love - I love the approach - esp. algebra theory part. Asit Dasgupta MCQ seems to cover many types of MCQ and SEEMS to be a complete MCQ book - but then again it contans no algorithms / tricks / facts at the beginning of each chapter. Arihant New Pattern IIT Mathematics also seems to be an excellent book with many types of problems - but only and only for IIT , it doesn't help in preparing state-level engineering entrances ( from what I have observed from the type of questions ). Lastly , TMH Mathematics - I find the examples of TMH distinctly different and difficult frm all these books. 

Please help me .

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi, I’m aiming b/w 3500 to 4000 rank in jee advanced. Can someone tell me the required books and material needed for this rank. Also, is HC Verma enough for this rank?

yap . But H.C.Verma is nice book . See if you can get Haliday,Resnick,Walker. For Maths, books of Asit Das Gupta and R.D.Sharma are best .

Piku one month ago

Firstly ur basics need to be strong. You can practice from H C Verma. If your concepts and basics are clear then u can refer I.E.Irodov.

MAlav Shah one month ago

its better to carry even (pc.agarwal) book with you, for other subjects just give more preference to arihant series or cengage series

dheeraj one month ago
i am living in delhi and my parents are in maharashtra. can i make my local guardian in delhi to sign the declaration form on behalf of my parents???

hello dear student, Yes , your local gurdians can sign for you on behalf of your parents , as there is a option for gurdian or parnets sign, you can clafify with iit authorities further
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
i need suggestions for my preparation?

sir the time you have contacted me once, i was not present at that time. kindly ignore it .

k m vamsi 2 months ago
Q1) can a second year iit student transfer his branch from naval architecture in iit madras to petroleum engineering in iSm DHANBAD? OR any other IIT’s in Chemical engineering or Mechanical...

No, Inter-IIT transfer is not feasible in IIT system. Intra-college branch changing would have been possible but if you have missed that then you have to continue with the branch in which...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Two blocks A and B which are identical weighing W, each are supported by a rod inclined at 45 degree to the horizontal as showing the fig. If the blocks are in limiting equilibrium, find the...

Dear student, Please put up the figure as well for the question, so that the question is clear. As it is not clear whether the blocks are inclined with the rods or the rods are above the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
Can I give JEE 2015, if I already took admission in SVNIT ECE branch this year.My JEE marks is 197 and have passed CBSE Boards with 91.2 %.I wish to better performence next year and want to...

You are not allowed to apper in IIT JEE 2015 exam if you have already taken admission in any college. If you believe that you can get better rank next year then prepare for it. It is...
  img
Ramreddy one month ago
View all Questions »