There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Hello sir , i want to ask wat percentage is needed for iit jee 2012 , in boards ??  And is this percentage    , aggeregate for all subjects or for pcm ?? Plz Reply both qus accurately.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mohit Jindal,

Indian Institutes of Technology Ioint Entrance Examination(IIT JEE) Eligibility Qualification:

A candidate has to satisfy ALL the eligibility conditions given below:

*A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
*Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it. They should also satisfy the specific eligibility criteria in the qualifying examination.   

*Candidates should meet the age requirements given below.
*Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2012 should have either passed after October 1, 2009, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2012 in any one of the following qualifying examinations.
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc. 
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling.  In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, then the decision of the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.

If you are AIEEE aspirants, you must go through AIEEE eligibility criteria. Also get in touch with latest  IIT JEE exam pattern.

Special Requirements for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Courses:
Candidates opting for these courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling. The standard of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

Female Candidates for Mining Courses
Section 46 (1) of the Mines Act, 1952 states that “No woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed (a) in any part of a mine which is below ground, (b) in any mine above ground except between the hours 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.”. Female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISMU, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.

Hope this gave you your answer..!!

Please do not forget to give me a Thumbs Up by approving my answer by clicking on "Yes" below.!!!Cool

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I am in diploma I want to know iam eligible for iitjee or not
@ rohit yes , for sure . u are elligible but after 3 rd year of diploma , that means if u have started the study of diploma in 2015 , then on 2017 , u will be able to give the jee exam ,...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
How will I loose my time can you tell me in breifAnd one more thing is it necessary that after 3rd year of diploma I can give iitjee can I give IIT jee after 2nd year
Rohit 22 days ago
Sir can u tell me which is best books for preparing iit . By mode of self study .. since i have not conducting any coaching classes so please tell me which books should i refer
@ deepak self study is the best mode to prepare for any exams . the books that u should have to follow are below MATHS 1- IIT MATHS BY M L KHANNA 2- LAST 37 YEARS QUES PAPER OF MATHS BY MTG ...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
Dear DeepakYou can visit in askiitan syllabus section there are lot of information about it ......... .......... ... . .......
sahil phalle 19 days ago
I am a 12 th passed student.I joined Narayana coaching centre for preparation of IIT JEE and they are teaching well there but I cannot get time to study at home so what to do?Should I leave ...
@ rahul u have to do that , and if at any point of time u thinks that the coaching center is consuming more than your normal time , then u can leave it ., at home u have more better option...
Umakant biswal 9 days ago
I have got a rank of 8799 in jee mains this year. Can I get cse at bit mesra as its cutoff last year was 8900 in 3 rd round and even higher in the 4 th.
You’ll definitly get it as the cutoff range doesnot vary much from year to year
Avinash one year ago
Yeah Of course you can get in there......Did you visit the oficial link of Jeemain or checked counselling rounds result? if not, then check it out ….….…...or if you want to get some...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
what are the possible isomers of 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane?
Cyclic Structures 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,2-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,3-methylcyclohexane The chemical formula is C 7 H 13 Br. It has 14 monovalent atoms(13 H, 1 Br),...
Ravi one year ago
Hello.... Sir Iam in 11 th . What should be my All India Ranking to get into AIIMS Delhi .
@ jeeva As aiims , new delhi have only 72 seats for MBBS , then u should have to stay atleast AIR 100 , to get oppurtunity to study in aiims new delhi . still i am not sure u can , beacuse...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts