sir, i have just entered the 11th grade. i'm preparing for iit jee 2013. i'm an average child. i desperataly want to clear the jee in first attempt. i cant afford to a take a drop and do repeater coure due to financial crises. i just have one doubt, if scholors who score 95% in board cant score then how can i even imagine to clear that. sir please do answer.

sir,

i have just entered the 11th grade. i'm preparing for iit jee 2013.

i'm an average child. i desperataly want to clear the jee in first attempt. i cant afford to a take a drop and do repeater coure due to financial crises. i just have one doubt, if scholors who score 95% in board cant score then how can i even imagine to clear that. sir please do answer.

Grade:11

4 Answers

Vaibhav Jindal (Meet the Champ)
53 Points
12 years ago

Dear Aditya pole

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and winexciting gifts by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple click here to download the toolbar….
So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Best of LuckSmile

hope this has helped you!!!!!!!!!

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear aditya pole,

The best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. Students are fresh after the break after boards and a lot more can be learnt. Students who start late often end up leaving some key topics of 11th class JEE syllabus. Also, if you start your preparation in 12th class then the amount of hard work is increased manifold due to additional pressure of 12th boards, so chances of getting a high rank in JEE are decreased. There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn't get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

The first two or three months should be spent in revising your basic concepts (topics like algebra, mecanics) which had been taught in 9th class. Concepts in topics like algebra, mechanics and stoichiometry should be studied in great detail as they also form the basis for other topics and are very scoring. There should be no doubt in your mind about these concepts. For these, develop the habit of inquisition. Clear all your doubts so that mentally you feel confident tackling any concept. A key in this area is problem-solving. Regular problem solving not only strengthens the concepts, but also increases your mental sharpness which is must for JEE.Initially problems of low level should be tried and only when you have mastered them, you should go on to solving intricate JEE type problems. You should have systematic plan for the preparation of JEE. Regular hours should be allotted to mastering concepts and problem-solving. It is not necessary to memorise the lessons and formulae. Understand the derivations of formulae and apply the formulae to solving problems. Slowly these formulae will settle down in your brain and you will be able to recall them under any situation. What is required is a clear understanding and an easy familiarity with the concepts and laws. Maximum attention should be paid to solving problems.Try to be analytical rather than being intutive. Remember that hardwork pays! You should first take up a problem and try to solve it yourself. You should understand what is given and what is required, recall what principles, laws, equations are involved. Don't hurry to see the solution as I doesn't help you to learn. Only when you've pondered over it over a long time and unable to see any light, should you see the solutions. You would be insulting yourself and seriously hurting your chances of success if you skip these problems or make half-hearted attempts in solving them. An other very important aspect of your JEE preparation will be the coaching institute, whose importance and selection procedure will be delved into in the next section.

Hope this helped you immensely..!!

Please do not forget to give me a Thumbs Up by approving my answer by clicking on "Yes" below.>!!!Smile

Nikhil Agrawal
16 Points
12 years ago

Board score does not matter much in JEE.For jee preperation,u need to revise the syallbus a no. of times and go through test topicwise as well as full syallbus.Student only preparing for boards can never clear jee even for 100%.So just don't worry abt board and go for jee. 

Tej Ray
96 Points
12 years ago

HERE ARE THE TIPS YOU SHOULD FOLLOW-

Chemistry :

Chemistry is an interesting subject for which one must show little bit of attention and Interest at the Time of Preparation. Many of the Topics in this subject are real world happenings. Firstly the students should get grip on the basics then the subject will be easy. Some of the Strategies to be followed during the Chemistry Preparation based on the IIT JEE New Schedule

• One must focus much on the topics which are supposed to be small in size and get good deal of Marks. So Focusing on concepts is to be done first and the remaining next.
• IIT JEE Chemistry Questions will be some what tough but they are from the given syllabus.
• Practicing is the only way to get grip on the concepts. One must by heart the Formulae, Definitions and Limitations. NCERT Books are enough for this,.
• Divide chemistry in to three parts namely Physical, Organic and inorganic.
• The Derivations of the corresponding elements and components in Physical chemistry should be learnt thoroughly. That will build your concept building skills.
• Getting grip on the concepts during the preparation time makes this interesting and easy.
• Making flow charts is another technique
• One must focus much on the Organic chemistry as it has many concepts like chemical bonding, periodic tables and more.
• Make charts of the topics chapter wise in your reading room for further preparation.(like formulae, Color Chart, Solubility chart….)
• The Inter 1st year topics in the IIT JEE Syllabus should be chosen for preparation in January as it’s the right time to do so.
• One must coordinate both the IIT JEE and intermediate. The students who gets grip on the Intermediate syllabus should not work rigorously for IIT JEE separately.
• The month of February should be allotted for the Intermediate Preparation and every day the aspirants should go through the formulae, Chart revision so as to keep touch in the subject.
• Every day allot 3 hours for the Chemistry preparation. The long term students should spare entire January for the revisions and Mock tests should be appeared by the students.

Mathematics :
• The students mainly should focus on the Practice as that is the only weapon to get good marks in Mathematics. That gives the ability to solve the same problem in many ways.
• The students should give much priority to the topics which they feel much difficult.
• What ever may be the topic, one must be good at the Basics and concepts. So that they have to practice a lot.
• The important topics which are not easily set in our memory should be made a notes for further use.
• IIT JEE Preparation will not be an barrier for the intermediate preparation. In this situation revising the IIT JEE 1st year Portion is good thing. At the same time second year syllabus should not be kept aside by the name of 2nd year syllabus.
• The aspirants should also focus on the aspects that they have left at the time of the Intermediate preparation and focus on them too.
• In this situation self study is most useful for the aspirants. One must appear as many as mock tests to get grip on the subject.

Physics :
The subject which has lot of scope for the concepts to get grip as an IIT JEE Aspirants in Physics. Some Formulae and their Application and guessing the answer based on the both then its almost easy to crack IIT JEE Physics Paper. If not it will be much difficult to get good marks.

• In this situation the students should identify the fields in which they are good and in which they must focus much, one must check the 10 years weightage of the Marks from the topics and on must take lightly on the topics which get less than 15% weightage and focus on others.
• In that calculation if the weightage of the topic ranges from 90-95% then its supposed to be the major aspect and focus much on them.
• The students must focus on the topics in which they are good at.
• Firstly the students should get the 2nd year portion for the Preparation and then for the 1st year.
• The students who have already started preparation and also going for the coaching will have more chances. The lecturers guidance will be useful for them
• The students should follow some strategies in the Books for the preparation too. The Books with descriptive questions should be given higher priority.
• In case of Physics Self Study Calendar is most prominent one. The students should prepare the calendar so that one should study a minimum of 4 hours a day.
• Appearing as many as test will be useful

Topics to be Focused :
• Gravitation, Electrostatics, Magneto staics,
• Current electricity, heat transformers, Fluid dynamics.
• Sound waves, Wave Optics, Superposition principle, simple harmonic motion. Mechanics, Modern physics, Nuclear Physics, Thermo dynamics, Elasticity and surface tension and ElectroMagnetism,

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

APPROVE PLZZZZZZZZZZ BY CLICKING YES!!!!!!!!!

PLZZZ

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free