Sir, I wanted to know if by studying HC Verma in physics & similiar iit jee books in chem & maths , in addition to certain magazines for iit jee , could I expect a rank within top 5 AIR, your reason would be very helpful to me.

Sir, I wanted to know if by studying HC Verma in physics & similiar iit jee books in chem & maths , in addition to certain magazines for iit jee ,  could I expect a rank within top 5  AIR, your reason would be very helpful to me.

Grade:11

4 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
12 years ago

Dear Student

Avoid reading magazines. read standard books. And to have an edge join some good coaching.

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IIT Delhi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively :Click here to download the toolbar..

Mir Noaman Ali IIT-Roorkee
57 Points
12 years ago

What you have planned is good ....but for a good AIR you need to join a good coaching institute with excellent records.....PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER 

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear bhanu p,

Absolutely Yes !!

You can easily break into the Top 5 in IIT-JEE with such preparation but please keep in mind that you should keep yourself motivated all the way through your preparation !!

Never Give up !! No matter what !!

Finally think this ..."If not you,then who? If not now then When ?"

Sukhendra Reddy Rompally B.Tech Mining Machinery Engg, ISM Dhanbad
93 Points
12 years ago

Hello Bhanu,

The toppers arent toppers because of their material, but becaause of their level of preparation, u can be a topper with just H.C.Verma, and corresponding books for maths and chemistry, its all about your dedication and concepts. And another thing, its good if you have an aim, but never expect something, nothing wrong in trying, but just put your efforts and wait for the result to show off itself, afterall, whether u get AIR 5, or AIR 50, ur course allotment wudnt change :)

THANKS  and ALL THE BEST

PLZZZ APPROVE MY ANSWER IF U LIKE IT :)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free