I am in 10th class . i want to prepare for IIT JEE . i am a student of berhampur , Orissa So pls advice me how to start prepartion from now I dont go for coaching but tutors come to me . I have ordered FIITJEE 2 years course for IX and X. what more should i do

I am in 10th class . i want to prepare for IIT JEE . i am a student of berhampur , Orissa

So pls advice me how to start prepartion from now

I dont go for coaching but tutors come to me .

I have ordered FIITJEE 2 years course for IX and X.

what more should i do

Grade:

11 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear arjit panigrahy,

I think you have everything geared up for the IIT-JEE 2013 !!

However i am giving you some most wanted JEE tips here !

Firstly,There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn't get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

The first two or three months should be spent in revising your basic concepts (topics like algebra, mecanics) which had been taught in 9th class. Concepts in topics like algebra, mechanics and stoichiometry should be studied in great detail as they also form the basis for other topics and are very scoring. There should be no doubt in your mind about these concepts. For these, develop the habit of inquisition. Clear all your doubts so that mentally you feel confident tackling any concept. A key in this area is problem-solving. Regular problem solving not only strengthens the concepts, but also increases your mental sharpness which is must for JEE.Initially problems of low level should be tried and only when you have mastered them, you should go on to solving intricate JEE type problems. You should have systematic plan for the preparation of JEE. Regular hours should be allotted to mastering concepts and problem-solving. It is not necessary to memorise the lessons and formulae. Understand the derivations of formulae and apply the formulae to solving problems. Slowly these formulae will settle down in your brain and you will be able to recall them under any situation. What is required is a clear understanding and an easy familiarity with the concepts and laws. Maximum attention should be paid to solving problems.Try to be analytical rather than being intutive. Remember that hardwork pays! You should first take up a problem and try to solve it yourself. You should understand what is given and what is required, recall what principles, laws, equations are involved. Don't hurry to see the solution as I doesn't help you to learn. Only when you've pondered over it over a long time and unable to see any light, should you see the solutions. You would be insulting yourself and seriously hurting your chances of success if you skip these problems or make half-hearted attempts in solving them. An other very important aspect of your JEE preparation will be the coaching institute, whose importance and selection procedure will be delved into in the next section.

So, All the very best for your JEE preparation dear !Smile

Hope this helped you immensely..!!

arijit panigrahy
5 Points
12 years ago
well
parelly mounika
18 Points
11 years ago

I am in in 10th standard now.I want to prepare for IIT after completion of my 10th standard board exams.So, i need your help for that.How should i start?

ARAVIND KANNA
18 Points
8 years ago
i have just completed my 10th standard board exams..i got 6th place in the exams conducted by the TIME management last year and i got the scholarship.....when is the coaching starting in time for 11th standard students??

ARAVIND KANNA
18 Points
8 years ago
i have just completed my 10th standard board exams..i got 6th place in the exams conducted by the TIME management last year and i got the scholarship.....when is the coaching starting in time for 11th standard students??

Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Dear Student it gives pleasure to learn that generation today has quite vigilant and active upcoming citizens like you who is concerned about something going to happen after two years, good going, Bravo, My tips for you are toStay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst etc, then to download previous years’ question paper of JEE mains and advanced and practice solving them, try to enhance speed to answer maximum questions in lesser possible time and finally appear in Jee mains – do well – then appear in JEE Advanced – do well again, It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember and then keep an eye on IITs/NITs counselling rounds and thus institutions are allotted otherwise ther may be second option to visit the official websites of some renowned institutions offering technical studies....to name a few – Amrita School of Engg, Coimbtore,.......Lovely Proessional Uni, Phagwara,......SRM Uni, Chennai
Neilsagar Sahoo
21 Points
7 years ago
dont need for any thing else only get clear about all basic things ..becoz that gonna will be the best tool for IIT
Amishi
11 Points
6 years ago
I have passed my 10 th standard by 90.78 percent what should I do now and I am actually not going to any clases right now and before too .....I want to study in iit mumbai what to do next
Sanket bhardwaj
19 Points
6 years ago
Ya sure u can get afmission in iit for this you have to thoroghly revise the basic concepts. In order to get admission in iit you can get admission in 12 class or in 3 year polytechnic courses.thank you best of luck.
Sushma
11 Points
6 years ago
I am in 10th std. I want to join IIT ,it is necessary.in our school they offered IIT coaching classes.
satyapal bihari
13 Points
6 years ago
I am just 10th pass out student I want to select in jee entrance for btech in IIT . I am not a brilliant student .I just sequre 7.8 cgpa in my 10 class so please suggest me .I am hope less

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free