I would like to know the ranking of new iits. Compared to the old ones will these new iits be as good for placements ? also bits or new iits if i dont want to go for job immidietely after btech?will these serve for the IIT tag or it will always be inferior to the new one??? plz answer!!!

I would like to know the ranking of new iits.

Compared to the old ones will these new iits be as good for placements

?

also bits or new iits if i dont want to go for job immidietely after btech?will these serve for the IIT tag or it will always be inferior to the new one???

plz answer!!!

Grade:

1 Answers

Vijyes
36 Points
12 years ago
the ranking of the new iits are very poor , all of them being above 100 rank. also, according to many articles, magazines, newspapers i have read, the new iits don't have a good infrastructure. in fact some of them don't even have campusses and run on rented buildings or in the campusses of old iits!!. i strongly advise u not to join thes iits even if u are planning to take a job later. about bits, it is an excellent university and has a very good placement record , bits pilani has all india rank 6 which is better than iit roorkee and guwahati. yes i agree the "iit" tag is very prestigious. but u should understand that bits is no less. take the example of the cofounder of american company sandisk who graduated from bits. also the new iits will remain inferior to the old iits at least for the next 9-10 years. there is so much development left. also, for international recognition of the universities, it is not merely enough to have a brand, but also the quality of students, ifrastructure etc. lastly, more the number of alumnis in good companies, greater the chances of better placements. these things are going to take a long time. vote if u like my reply.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free