Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

I would like to know the ranking of new iits.

Compared to the old ones will these new iits be as good for placements

?

also bits or new iits if i dont want to go for job immidietely after btech?will these serve for the IIT tag or it will always be inferior to the new one???

plz answer!!!

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

the ranking of the new iits are very poor , all of them being above 100 rank. also, according to many articles, magazines, newspapers  i have read, the new iits don't have a good infrastructure. in fact some of them don't even have campusses and run on rented buildings or in the campusses of old iits!!. i strongly advise u not to join thes iits even if u are planning to take a job later.

about bits, it is an excellent university and has a very good placement record , bits pilani has all india rank 6 which is better than iit roorkee and guwahati. yes i agree the "iit" tag is very prestigious. but u should understand that bits is no less. take the example of the cofounder of american company sandisk who graduated from bits. also the new iits will remain inferior to the old iits at least for the next 9-10 years. there is so much development left. also, for international recognition of the universities, it is not merely enough to have a brand, but also the quality of students, ifrastructure etc. lastly, more the number of alumnis in good companies, greater the chances of better placements. these things are going to take a long time.

vote if u like my reply.
5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I got mechanical branch in IIT PALAKKAD in round 1.But i want to wait for next rounds for better IITS,then what should i do?Is it possible?

If you are allotted IIT Pallakad, then you have to register and submit the fee, but if you want to attend recounselling, then you have to left the college..then you do not know, what would...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago

Rest assured as IIT Palakkad has earned a very good image as far as quality education and placements are concerned, where as if you are not satisfied with Mechanical stream let me tell you...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

Select Floating option i.e you will retain current alocated branch and also eligible for 2 nd and 3 rd round. you can have idea about first round cutoff for deferent branches and colleges....

Rahat S one year ago
i had got 75% in pcm in 12 th cbse boards....but got only 58% in maths.....am i eligible to appear for jee advanced...???

YA i knw abt it....but i was confusd abt the eligibility of my marks for jee adv......................................................

vijay sharma 9 months ago

my overall score in pcm is 75%....and in all subjects is 83%.........................................................

vijay sharma 9 months ago

but before appearing for advanced you must qualify jee-mains exam,then only your aligible to write advance.

mansi 9 months ago
is that really tough to crack jee main exam

No, nothing is impossible, as ‘Impossible’ itself says that ‘I M Possible’,.........you just need to be determined, and with a single mind having a clear idea for your aim you have to move...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

Hav ur goal fixed and u should atleast read for 8 hrs after school per day efficiently so that u can crack jee paper easily

sneha 9 months ago

No, if you are studying for sufficient hours with good plan and have good foundation.

Mehul Trivedi one year ago
who was the first to find out about the satyam scam?

The financial fraud at Satyam Computer Services running into more than Rs 7,000 crore has surprised and shocked many. Please read these articles :...

Ramesh V 6 years ago
hello sir i got air 8460 in advanced 2015 ,can i get engineering phy. or any other branch in any iit in 2 round ?

Depends upon your category rank. But you can try. Best of Luck!
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

It is advicible to take a good core branch in NITs or under good private unviersits LIke BITS instead of choosing science branches in new IITs. Please refer to the official website of jee...
  img

Yes you can go for it. Also attend the couselling if you can any good option better then this.
  img
here were boxes numbered from one to ten containing medicines inside. Among those, nine boxes had the tablets weighing Ten grams each, and a box contains the tablets weighing nine grams...

nice question shatakshi. the question is of probability. right. the answer is 0 by hit and trial method. by the way u study in which class? thanks for the question. hope the answer is right ...

ADITI SINGH 10 days ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off