I would like to know the ranking of new iits.

Compared to the old ones will these new iits be as good for placements

?

also bits or new iits if i dont want to go for job immidietely after btech?will these serve for the IIT tag or it will always be inferior to the new one???

plz answer!!!

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

the ranking of the new iits are very poor , all of them being above 100 rank. also, according to many articles, magazines, newspapers  i have read, the new iits don't have a good infrastructure. in fact some of them don't even have campusses and run on rented buildings or in the campusses of old iits!!. i strongly advise u not to join thes iits even if u are planning to take a job later.

about bits, it is an excellent university and has a very good placement record , bits pilani has all india rank 6 which is better than iit roorkee and guwahati. yes i agree the "iit" tag is very prestigious. but u should understand that bits is no less. take the example of the cofounder of american company sandisk who graduated from bits. also the new iits will remain inferior to the old iits at least for the next 9-10 years. there is so much development left. also, for international recognition of the universities, it is not merely enough to have a brand, but also the quality of students, ifrastructure etc. lastly, more the number of alumnis in good companies, greater the chances of better placements. these things are going to take a long time.

vote if u like my reply.
3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
which books should i prefer for jee advance 2015 ? At present i m using o p agrawal (disha publications ) for organic chemistry and dc gupta for physics and rd sharma for maths. If any other...

Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry Ø NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII (usually sufficient) Ø Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd...
  img
Amit Shekhar 4 months ago
Hi I’m from bangalore. I had missed IIT with a really small margin. Now I’m in Engineering 1 st semister. I have 8 months left. How shall I plan to study? P.S: It takes a litle time to...

Coaching is a super structure providing –planned regime and expert guidance but ultimately it’s the students who have to work hard to crack the exams. 1. The students must remain...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago

You will face a lot problems in juggling with JEE preparation and dealing with the academic committments of your college. You need to make a trade off between the two, i.e., given somebody a...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
is coaching necessary?

well its all about how much u practice d numericals .. its not dat necessary, i prsnlly feel .. online tutorial classes r also available .. google karo ...

maitreyee jagannath 11 days ago

well , it depends on how u study , but take it , it will be usefull

Anshul 23 days ago
what should be the minimum bench marks for maths and science in class 10 if we target to get entered in a recognised college like aiims

You must have 90+ in the science and maths, although Maths would not be there for preparing AIIMS. Just try hard with the cleared concepts, result would be good. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

You must have 90+ atleast in the secondary school exam. Exam like AIIMS, you have to prepare very seroius keeping every concept cleared. Result wll be good, just proceed hard for the...
  img

You must have 90+ atleast in the secondary school exam. Exam like AIIMS, you have to prepare very seroius keeping every concept cleared. Result wll be good, just proceed hard for the...
  img
Q1) can a second year iit student transfer his branch from naval architecture in iit madras to petroleum engineering in iSm DHANBAD? OR any other IIT’s in Chemical engineering or Mechanical...

No, Inter-IIT transfer is not feasible in IIT system. Intra-college branch changing would have been possible but if you have missed that then you have to continue with the branch in which...
  img
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
Why does a phonograph-record attract dust prtcles just after it ie cleared ?

there is no clear answer can be given for this, you can think in terms of charge induced on the body of phonograph after is is cleaned, and this charge may attract the phonograph.
  img
Sher Mohammad 8 months ago
View all Questions »