I would like to know the ranking of new iits.

Compared to the old ones will these new iits be as good for placements

?

also bits or new iits if i dont want to go for job immidietely after btech?will these serve for the IIT tag or it will always be inferior to the new one???

plz answer!!!

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

the ranking of the new iits are very poor , all of them being above 100 rank. also, according to many articles, magazines, newspapers  i have read, the new iits don't have a good infrastructure. in fact some of them don't even have campusses and run on rented buildings or in the campusses of old iits!!. i strongly advise u not to join thes iits even if u are planning to take a job later.

about bits, it is an excellent university and has a very good placement record , bits pilani has all india rank 6 which is better than iit roorkee and guwahati. yes i agree the "iit" tag is very prestigious. but u should understand that bits is no less. take the example of the cofounder of american company sandisk who graduated from bits. also the new iits will remain inferior to the old iits at least for the next 9-10 years. there is so much development left. also, for international recognition of the universities, it is not merely enough to have a brand, but also the quality of students, ifrastructure etc. lastly, more the number of alumnis in good companies, greater the chances of better placements. these things are going to take a long time.

vote if u like my reply.
3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 6 days ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 6 days ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 6 days ago
i am living in delhi and my parents are in maharashtra. can i make my local guardian in delhi to sign the declaration form on behalf of my parents???

hello dear student, Yes , your local gurdians can sign for you on behalf of your parents , as there is a option for gurdian or parnets sign, you can clafify with iit authorities further
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
is optandon for – physical chemistry morrison and boyd for – organic chemistry ml khanna for- mathematics hc verma for – physics sufficient for cracking jee main+advnaced

hello dear student, http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article all the good books are mentioned in it.
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
Please give me detailed Introduction of Hyper threading Technology.

Processor resources, however, are often underutilized and the growing gap between core processor frequency and memory speed causes memory latency to become an increasing performance...

Amit Saxena 5 years ago
which is better IT at NSIT ….ECE or IT at DTU?

I think , DTU IT / ECE is obviously better as DTU is a deemed university , surely better than NSIT...That’s what I think....By the way what is your JEE (Main) score & Board % ?

Rajat Soni 2 months ago

I think , DTU IT / ECE is obviously better as DTU is a deemed university , surely better than NSIT...That’s what I think....By the way what is your JEE (Main) score & Board % ?

Rajat Soni 2 months ago
Will it be sufficient if we are thorough with ONLY NCERT textbooks for exams like aiims, aipmt ,manial,etc ?

Hi Sushmitha NCERT books act as basic foundation for the preparation of Medical entrance exams. So, never ignore that. One should have a thorough comprehension of the material given in...
  img
Sumreet Johar 2 months ago

Hi Sushmitha NCERT books act as basic foundation for the preparation of Medical entrance exams. So, never ignore that. One should have a thorough comprehension of the material given in...

Sumreet Singh Johar 2 months ago
View all Questions »