Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: hemangi

In normal conditions should i use mole method or POAC method to solve problems ? If not when should i apply POAC ?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

It is always safe to use mole method. One should apply POAC(principle of atomic conservation) only when it is mentioned in the question that the no. of atoms of such and such elements are conserved during a given reactions, however in such question mole method can be also applied. The one advantage of POAC is that the question can be solved very quickly but one should rely on this method only when one is adapt in reading between the lines.

"Hence POAC should only be applied when it is mentioned in the question that the the no. of moles of such and such element is conserved or it is given that the reactant is completely converted into product or any statement implying the former".

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Im kaushik from chennai.. i was very confused of choosing books for the preparation jee mains....i dont want to buy too many books as it can confuse me.....so please tell me good books for...

Just follow the link for important books for JEE Main only. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/important-books.html
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

Dear Student, when you have to appear in a competitive exam, you have to make number of efforts for the same, may be you need to join a coaching center, download sample papers and previous...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
Hi IIT 2371 , bits 368 Allotted chemical in IIT Kanpur. What you suggest ? Any chance of Pilani CS ? Thx

Dear Student, IIT Kanpur and Chemical Branch, both are quite good with bright future prospects, if you are not happy and wish to get a seat at BITS Pilani, then try visiting the official...

Aneesh Sehgal 8 hours ago
I am getting cse at nit trichy ,warangal and surathkal plz suggest me which of these should i opt?

in my opinion nit warangal is best in all aspects campus , faculty , placements etc so i prefer nit warangal cse rather than trichy or surathkal also u will get good environment in warangal ...

ng29 one year ago

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

RIYAZSHAIK 4 months ago
could anyone plz tell meh weightage of all topics in iit.....

Dear alka For iit jeee there is no fixed weitage, it vary from year to year... If you see last 5 years paper topics from which most of the question asked is........ Maths: calculus,...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
in KVPY whole syallabus of 11 come?

Please check the compele syllabus of KVPY from our website.
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

You may simply type the syllabus for KVPY and get the requisite results, prepare well and appear in the test and thereafter choose the reputed institution after scrutinizing the status of...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

hey, pls refer to the following link: http://www.askiitians.com/kvpy/syllabus.html hope it’s helpful..

Rishabh Madan 11 months ago
sir my merit no. in DAIICT(b.tech 2015 )( all india category) is 928 ...do i have a chance....please help coz i am not getting any data related to this on google ...so pls help ….thank you

Don’t try to locate it on google rather visit the official website of DAIICT directly and check out the latest updates and make sure that your score falls under the list of shortlisted...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

it has only 2 branches ...ICT and ICT ( with computational minor) ….the later one has 30 seats only for outsiders ..and first one has 120 for outsiders …

manan adhikari 11 months ago

What is your AIR in JEE Mains

AKSHAY SHARMA 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: hemangi

• View Details