In normal conditions should i use mole method or POAC method to solve problems ? If not when should i apply POAC ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

It is always safe to use mole method. One should apply POAC(principle of atomic conservation) only when it is mentioned in the question that the no. of atoms of such and such elements are conserved during a given reactions, however in such question mole method can be also applied. The one advantage of POAC is that the question can be solved very quickly but one should rely on this method only when one is adapt in reading between the lines.

"Hence POAC should only be applied when it is mentioned in the question that the the no. of moles of such and such element is conserved or it is given that the reactant is completely converted into product or any statement implying the former".

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir can you please tell me how to prepare for tensors 2014

Hi, Tensor is just another test paper that you solve while in your coaching, at home, or with askIITians. We infact have a full test series which has many full syllabus exams for mains and...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 days ago

sir how can i attend the test series of ask iitans

AJAY PILLAI K 2 days ago
preparation for JEE2015

Hello Student, If you are preparing for JEE Mains/Advance 2015 go to the askiitians website( www.askiit ians.com ) . You can find complete solution here Thanks....
  img
Nishant Vora 3 days ago
Q.If positive numbers a, b, c are in A.P. and a^2, b^2, c^2 are in H.P., then (A) a = b = c (B) 2b = a + c (C) b^2=whole underroot of (ac/8) i got the option the (b) ,since its a multiple...

a,b,c are in AP therefore 2b=a+c a^2, b^2, c^2 are in HP b^2=2a^2c^2/a^2+c^2 (a+c)^2/4=2a^2c^2/a^2+c^2 (a^2+c^2+2ac)(a^2+c^2)=8a^2c^2 (a^2+c^2)^2+2a^3c+2ac^3=8a^2c^2...
  img
Sunil Raikwar 23 hours ago
Urgent!Please rank these as to which is better of the following choices IIIT Gwalior (IT),IIIT Jabalpur(IT),HBTI (CS),HBTI (IT) Also please provide the reason

The chioces given by you can be sorted in order of placements , academics , internship offer & research potential So based on the previous two years records of all the elisted institues...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Sir, I am a student of computer science & engineering. I have completed my 1st year. You know that, the coming future for IT workers is not so good as before. Now in this situation, my...

Hi The IT sector is still on a rise, although the rise is not at the same pace. Today also, IT sector is one of the desired career options. about ur ques regarding the M Tech preparation ,...

AskiitianExpert Shine 5 years ago
I have scored 138 marks in jee mains paper 2 and 72.2% in cbse where can I get admission in architecture?

Hi, There are a chances that you may get admission in B. Arch provided you cleared the drawing aptitude test. See the last years opening and cloasing rank for a better idea.
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago
View all Questions »