how to get top score in iit jee

how to get top score in iit jee

Grade:Upto college level

3 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

The best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. Students are fresh after the break after boards and a lot more can be learnt. Students who start late often end up leaving some key topics of 11th class JEE syllabus. Also, if you start your preparation in 12th class then the amount of hard work is increased manifold due to additional pressure of 12th boards, so chances of getting a high rank in JEE are decreased. There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn't get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

Course planning is essential in the sense ,that it can get you at the top in rank list.This planning should be done by the student in 11th class itself . The summer vacations in 12th class are the best time to finish a huge lot of syllabus.I can suggest the following course plan for students in 11th class.

JUNE TO OCTOBER : Mathematical concepts used in Physics, Basic mechanics, stoichiometry, general chemistry----atomic structure, chemical bonding, periodic table, algebra---number theory, quadratic equations, progressions.

OCTOBER TO JANUARY :Complete Mechanics, waves, Physical Chemistry--equilibrium, heat, kinetics, thermochemistry, electrolysis, algebra -----induction, complex numbers, trignometry.

JANUARY TO MAY : Heat, fluid mechanics, gravitation, Inorganic chemistry---properties and metallurgy of metals and non metals, gas laws, analytic geometry, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem.

MAY TO AUGUST : Electrostatics and electricity, electrochemistry, solutions, solids, qualitative analysis, transition metals, differentiation and integration.

AUGUST TO NOVEMBER : magnetism, optics, modern physics, organic chemistry, differential equations, probability, vectors.

NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER : FINAL REVISION

By following this plan,course will be finished in time and revision can also done,to ensure maximum success in JEE.To maximize your potential you have to planned .

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Choosing the right topics for maximum study is very important not only for clearing JEE but also for getting a high rank. Lots of topics in JEE syllabus require a huge lot of time, incomparable to that required by other topics. Spending too much time on these topics and ignoring other topics leads to drastic failure in rank.Lots of topics in JEE are very easy and are of NCERT level.The key to topping JEE is to maximize your scoring in these topics which boosts the rank. Many such topics require considerably less time and is much much less than the time required by certain other topics with proportionate marks.You should spend more time on these topics and try to earn full marks in such topics.I list a few of these topics:

MODERN PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS :most of the questions easy and similar to past JEE questions.

WAVE OPTICS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND GENERAL CHEMISTRY :most of the questions are of NCERT level and are simple.

SOLID STATE :Most of the questions are very easy.

PROBABILITY AND DIFFERENTIATION :most of the questions are simple and NCERT level.

DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions.

By spending legible time on these topics ,the scoring in JEE will be boosted and only will you clear JEE but also get a high rank.But beware , don't neglect there other topics. In topics like mechanics, electricity , physical chemistry and analytical geometry , if the concepts are clearly understood then many of the questions pertaining to these topics can be easily handled.

supreet kaur
23 Points
14 years ago
hi, my 2009 iit jee entrance regd no is 7052038. i wud like to know my subject wise marks. i shall be highly obliged for ur kind co-operation. regards supreet kaur

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free