Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

I was an average student in 11th and 12th..now i have the feeling to join iit.i am ready to work really really hard.but there is no time for any coaching.I have only 10 days 4 preparation bcoz of +2 PSEB exams.please help me with the topics and if u could please give me a time table so tat i can prepare my portions according to that.I want 2 take admission in NIT Jalandhar on the base of my rank..........

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

Examination Strategies For IIT JEE

Revision related tips

• About 20 days before the JEE Screening Test, start getting acquainted with a wide variety of topics to improve the range of numericals you can attempt. Do not attempt lengthy questions, and focus instead on objective, numerical questions to practice as many types of questions as you can. You should look at breadth rather than depth in these 20 days.

• Revise all important concepts and formulae, so that they are on your tips and come to you without any effort or thought.

• The screening paper gives equal weightage to all three subjects – and so should your screening preparation.

• Remember - The screening test has negative marking for wrong answers. So your familiarity with concepts will be crucial if you take the calculated risk of logical guessing.

Things to keep in mind one day before the examination:

• You need at least 6-8 hours of sleep before the examination to keep yourself fresh while solving questions.

• Eat a light meal so that you do not feel drowsy or lethargic during the paper.

• Revise only those topics that you have studied earlier. Do not start reading any new topics just before the examination, since this will be a waste of time and you may lose the information you have already grasped.

• You should reach the test center at least half an hour before the exam and if you haven't seen the center before, then you must go and visit the center on the day before the exam.
    Note: If your examination center is in another city-

• Reach the city positively on the day before the exam.

• Ensure the place of your stay there is calm, clean and conducive to study.

• In actuality it does not make any difference whether the center is in your city or in some other city. So get the fear of an unknown city out of your mind.

• Never go to the center on an empty stomach. Always keep biscuits, fruits etc. handy.

• Some students complain of nausea or headache close to the test. So keep relevant medicine handy.

• If you plan to ride your own vehicle to the center, ensure it is in proper running condition and has enough fuel in its tank.

• If you do not have a vehicle, ensure a means of traveling that reaches you to the center well in time, and give at least half an hour of time for unforeseen delays like traffic jams and rush hour traffic.

• Keep a wristwatch, your permission letter, a pen, two pencils (sharpened at both ends), an eraser, a sharpener and other relevant stationary systematically with you.

Some important points to keep in mind during the examination

General Instructions

• Synchronize your wristwatch with the center clock.

• Open your permission letter and keep it on your table.

• Do not use a red pen.

Points regarding presentation

• Start attempting the question paper only after reading the instructions given on it very carefully.

• While attempting questions, go on segregating them by the A, B, C method A :These questions are from topics that you have prepared well, and you can clearly comprehend the meaning of these questions. You have done questions containing similar concept earlier and you are confident that you will be able to solve these. B :You know you can solve these questions but they are time-consuming, nevertheless you are confident you will be able to crack them when you come back to them. These questions should be attempted in the second round of question attempting, i.e. when you have solved all questions marked with a B. C :You don't know head or tail of these questions and you should not waste time attempting them.

• Attempting to solve all questions in haste increases the chances of error. It is better to solve slightly fewer questions faultlessly.

• Never attempt two questions at the same time. Concentrate on one question at a time.

• Carry out all rough work only in the space given in the paper.

• If you need a diagram to understand questions in say physics or coordinate geometry etc., do make one.

• Use the value of constants given in the paper in solving a numerical. If the value is not mentioned, use the one you remember.

• Give all three subjects equal time - i.e. 50 minutes each for physics, chemistry and mathematics.

• While attempting the answers, do not shade the answer key immediately. Instead, tick your response with a pencil 4 on the answer key.

• Keep marking questions with A, B, C in the first round of solving the paper. All questions should be segregated into one of these three categories. This saves valuable time later.

• Fill out the answer key 30 minutes before final time. Fill out the responses to questions attempted after this directly in the answer key.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

sir, i am only doing aakash study material. Am i going right or i should pick up some book. tell me what expected rank would i get after doing aakash sheets fully in jee main and jee...

Dear, with my experience of three different institutions, i found no offline coaching institutes can provides solution concept of each and every paper.. Now, i am with askIITians.com, the...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 11 months ago

They’ll definitely provide whole stuff regarding JEE and cover all types of problems and techniques but the faculty teaching may vary from institute to institute. You can have other...
  img
Avinash 11 months ago

Aksah Institute has earned an image after a heavy toll so if they need to keep it maintained and also to enhance it, then they need to strive hard for the same, thus keeping in mind these...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago
I have got BIT Mesra-Production Engg...in Josaa 3 rd round..how is it...?.should i take it..or wait for 4 th round...in which i can get nit nagpur-(mining engg..)...which is better...??

BIT Mesra is quite good and it has earned a very good image in the field of education as wellas better placements, if you are not satisfied then you may wait for the next round, but there...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

Did you ge4t in somewhere or not? if not then consider trying at – BIT Mesra,..........................LOvely Professional Uni, Phagwara,......................Jabalpur college of Engg,...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

How is nit calicut..??i myt get biotech in 4 th round......is it better than bit mesa...???

Rahul Attrey 10 months ago
sir my 12th bihar board % is 64.2 i wanted to know how much score is required for me in jee mains 2016 to get NIT

Target for AIR atleast 25000-30000. The better the rank you obtained more the choices you will have for better college/rank. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Try to score above 190 normalized marks
  img

My Pleasure.
  img
Please help me M really confused that whether I should drop for jee or join iiitd. I got 14000 rank in advance is dropping a yr good option or rather I should join iiit?

Well, I generally don’t advise anyone to drop a year, but make sure that you can really do a wonderful job the next year, then only plan to drop, and bear in mind these tips for preparation ...

Considering your rank you have good chances to secure a good rank in jee adv next year. Dropping a yr is a good option only if you are ready to prepare for jee whole heartedly.

AKSHAY SHARMA 10 months ago
i am taking coaching in aakash institute in bahtinda and i am in class 12 i am confused whether i first concentrate on boards only, then take one year drop for jee or do concentrate on...

Do study both at the time. But also focus mainly on the board classes. thanks.
  img

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

if u are a person with a good calliber, just put some extra effort and do ur best to understand class 11 concepts. for this u can take help from your teachers and the faculty at akash. if...

Archita 10 months ago
how to prepare for jee advanced in 1 mont

Try to solve all the previous papers of IITJEE, clear your all the doubt related to these papers. Thanks & Regards Sunil Raikwar askIITians Faculty
  img
Sunil Raikwar 2 years ago

Theory can be best cleared by solving questions i.e preious year questions ...and by solving it you can get an idea of what type of questions are generally asked in IIt . And Even if the...

Kehav Chandak 2 years ago

What is the use of solving previous years..? As every year unique questions are asked..!! shouldnot we concentrate more on theory than wasting tym on previous years..?

karuna Yadav 2 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off