ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I want to know how much will I have to work in order to get a very good rank in JEE by preparing for a single year and by self study.

About me-

I was a good student till a year back, scored 88% in my class 10 boards. But the last year had been a disaster. I failed several times. My 11th final exam is going on and I'm not going to do good I can tell. I may even fail in physics and chemistry. So you obviously can tell that I know almost nothing about the syllabus.

Coming to the point-

Its not that I lack confidence. I have faith in myself that I can clear JEE with one of the best ranks. Thats because, in my 11th, I was not sincere, and hence I had done extremely bad. But I know I can recover if I work hard. Besides, during my 10th, I studied sincerely for 3 months and had done pretty fair, I guess. So I have confidence that I can do it in a year.

I don't want to take coaching because tuitions don't do much good to me, I know. Last year, I took tuition and got just nothing. I don't think it can help me much. Besides, we don't have very good centers in Guwahati. And my point is 1000s of students take coaching in a center, how many of them get through? Hardly 10-15!! And those are brilliant as well as hard working, they don't taste success because of others I guess.

And if I don't succeed (just a probability, I have confidence that I can clear it the first time I appear), I can take coaching at Kota next year. So I am not losing much.

What I want to know is do you believe in me too? What are the books that I have to choose in order to get through by self study? Do you think one year is not sufficient (cause I don't think so)?

PLEASE GIVE A DETAILED ANSWER!

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

It is said that 11th is the base of ur future....but as per your info u hv done it quite poorly.... which means ur base is all gone........ i wid suggest to to take up RASNICK HALLIDAY fr physics and BALAGI  and R.C MUKHERJEE for chemistry........but havin these world class books wont suffice....u hv to search fr a good tution teacher who cn explain you the basics of the topics... and thn u cn attempt the difficult questions of this book...... dont hv such a negative attitude against tution...think abut urself and not others....

I being myself in class 11th studied the vectors and kinematics 6 times......so yes i base has bcm so strong tht i cn solve JEE questions...this is all the magic of hardwork tht u shud suppose to do 10 times more in order to cover ur weakness!!

BEST OF LUCK...HOPE THIS IS USEFUL FR U!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
SIr actually i am getting 113 marks in jee main should i start preparing for jee advance

Dear Student, Your marks are very close to previous year’s cutoff marks and this year predicted cutoff. Now given that paper was little tough this time, cutoff this year will go down...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

your score is deadline on cutoff marks last year cut off was 115 lets hope for best prepare for bitsat and adv also approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
Hi all, Now that I have just finished my board exams, and after a break of 3 weeks, I now plan to start my JEE preparation. I have purchased a no. of books for it and joined coaching as...

first of all rd sharma is not good book for preparation for iit exam u must prefer cengage publications books for maths , it is awesome and contains good quantity of questions with good...

ng29 one month ago

@ng29, Thanks for the answer(approved!). However, I do know that RD Sharma is not for IIT. I only intend to use it as a stepping stone from NCERT to books like Hall Knight and GN Berman....

Amartya one month ago

books that u r mentioning are of very high level i advise u take books of CENGAGE PUBLICATIONS bcoz it contains all type of que with latest pattern and detailed solutions approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
pls suggest me book for getting top rank in iit. my bhanja is preparaing

Pls follow the given link.. http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx
  img
Saurabh Kumar 24 days ago

good books for iit are organic chemistry – SN sanyal and himanshu pandey inorganic chemistry – K kumar physical chemistry – RC Mukherjee maths- complete ARIHANT SERIES physics – ANURAG...

ng29 19 days ago

All the info is available in askiitian website., please read through that.

shubham sharda 19 days ago
sir i got 94 in manipal.will i get any branch?

With a score of 94 yes u can get into the main campus but it is that u won't get ur preferred branch,with a score of 94 u will get Bio-med, Bio-tech and print and media. These are the...
  img
Komal 4 days ago

Be there or try atother reputed institutions as well, go for Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Uni, Murthal, Netaji Subhas Inst. of Tech. delhi, LPU Phagwara, VIT Vellore. BHU Varanasi

Soneel Verma 2 days ago
Sir, are questions repeated in AIPMT. any tips to crack physics

Being a Physics Mentor, i would like to advice you ….for Physics...go through GC Aggarwall.................Engg sections..almost 75% questions asked from these books... So go hard...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

Thnaks for the info

Deepak Bohra 5 months ago
hello i am expecting around 240 in my barch jee mains paper........is this score good also what kind of barch colleges will i get ?????????

You can get NITs, although the chances for CS and Electronics is less, but you will get other branches....also depends on your class 12 th marks....
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

is there any chance of spa delhi?????

Nikunj Fotedar one month ago
View all Questions »