I want to know how much will I have to work in order to get a very good rank in JEE by preparing for a single year and by self study. About me- I was a good student till a year back, scored 88% in my class 10 boards. But the last year had been a disaster. I failed several times. My 11th final exam is going on and I'm not going to do good I can tell. I may even fail in physics and chemistry. So you obviously can tell that I know almost nothing about the syllabus. Coming to the point- Its not that I lack confidence. I have faith in myself that I can clear JEE with one of the best ranks. Thats because, in my 11th, I was not sincere, and hence I had done extremely bad. But I know I can recover if I work hard. Besides, during my 10th, I studied sincerely for 3 months and had done pretty fair, I guess. So I have confidence that I can do it in a year. I don't want to take coaching because tuitions don't do much good to me, I know. Last year, I took tuition and got just nothing. I don't think it can help me much. Besides, we don't have very good centers in Guwahati. And my point is 1000s of students take coaching in a center, how many of them get through? Hardly 10-15!! And those are brilliant as well as hard working, they don't taste success because of others I guess. And if I don't succeed (just a probability, I have confidence that I can clear it the first time I appear), I can take coaching at Kota next year. So I am not losing much. What I want to know is do you believe in me too? What are the books that I have to choose in order to get through by self study? Do you think one year is not sufficient (cause I don't think so)? PLEASE GIVE A DETAILED ANSWER!

I want to know how much will I have to work in order to get a very good rank in JEE by preparing for a single year and by self study.

About me-

I was a good student till a year back, scored 88% in my class 10 boards. But the last year had been a disaster. I failed several times. My 11th final exam is going on and I'm not going to do good I can tell. I may even fail in physics and chemistry. So you obviously can tell that I know almost nothing about the syllabus.

Coming to the point-

Its not that I lack confidence. I have faith in myself that I can clear JEE with one of the best ranks. Thats because, in my 11th, I was not sincere, and hence I had done extremely bad. But I know I can recover if I work hard. Besides, during my 10th, I studied sincerely for 3 months and had done pretty fair, I guess. So I have confidence that I can do it in a year.

I don't want to take coaching because tuitions don't do much good to me, I know. Last year, I took tuition and got just nothing. I don't think it can help me much. Besides, we don't have very good centers in Guwahati. And my point is 1000s of students take coaching in a center, how many of them get through? Hardly 10-15!! And those are brilliant as well as hard working, they don't taste success because of others I guess.

And if I don't succeed (just a probability, I have confidence that I can clear it the first time I appear), I can take coaching at Kota next year. So I am not losing much.

What I want to know is do you believe in me too? What are the books that I have to choose in order to get through by self study? Do you think one year is not sufficient (cause I don't think so)?

PLEASE GIVE A DETAILED ANSWER!

Grade:

1 Answers

Soumyajit Guha
19 Points
12 years ago

It is said that 11th is the base of ur future....but as per your info u hv done it quite poorly.... which means ur base is all gone........ i wid suggest to to take up RASNICK HALLIDAY fr physics and BALAGI  and R.C MUKHERJEE for chemistry........but havin these world class books wont suffice....u hv to search fr a good tution teacher who cn explain you the basics of the topics... and thn u cn attempt the difficult questions of this book...... dont hv such a negative attitude against tution...think abut urself and not others....

I being myself in class 11th studied the vectors and kinematics 6 times......so yes i base has bcm so strong tht i cn solve JEE questions...this is all the magic of hardwork tht u shud suppose to do 10 times more in order to cover ur weakness!!

BEST OF LUCK...HOPE THIS IS USEFUL FR U!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free