ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I want to know how much will I have to work in order to get a very good rank in JEE by preparing for a single year and by self study.

About me-

I was a good student till a year back, scored 88% in my class 10 boards. But the last year had been a disaster. I failed several times. My 11th final exam is going on and I'm not going to do good I can tell. I may even fail in physics and chemistry. So you obviously can tell that I know almost nothing about the syllabus.

Coming to the point-

Its not that I lack confidence. I have faith in myself that I can clear JEE with one of the best ranks. Thats because, in my 11th, I was not sincere, and hence I had done extremely bad. But I know I can recover if I work hard. Besides, during my 10th, I studied sincerely for 3 months and had done pretty fair, I guess. So I have confidence that I can do it in a year.

I don't want to take coaching because tuitions don't do much good to me, I know. Last year, I took tuition and got just nothing. I don't think it can help me much. Besides, we don't have very good centers in Guwahati. And my point is 1000s of students take coaching in a center, how many of them get through? Hardly 10-15!! And those are brilliant as well as hard working, they don't taste success because of others I guess.

And if I don't succeed (just a probability, I have confidence that I can clear it the first time I appear), I can take coaching at Kota next year. So I am not losing much.

What I want to know is do you believe in me too? What are the books that I have to choose in order to get through by self study? Do you think one year is not sufficient (cause I don't think so)?

PLEASE GIVE A DETAILED ANSWER!

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

dear sameer , i also didnt believe in coaching institute & tutions etc ... same condition i had already faced & my 1 year

was wasted ....i thnk there is no need of coaching to clear IIT & i believe that self study is 100 or 1000 times better than

to go here n there for tutions etc ...those students which are selected in JEE are already hardworking there is no contribution of coaching for their selection in IIT'S ...

most important is to built ur concepts  basics, & this can be done by reading gud books with dedication & full

concentration....i thnk u should join test series of FIITJEE or brilliant so that u can also compare ur preparation

with others ...

now i m  giving a list of books u should have

for basics

maths - RD sharma

chemestry - dinesh or pradeep    (refresher)

physics - pradeep      (refresher)

for iit level

maths - A das gupts

chemestry - disha's organic chemestry , p bahadur or RC mukherjee (numericals)

physics - arihant DC pandey (all five parts)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i got 128 in jee mains and board percentage is 96.4% belong to telangana board will i get seat in warangal nit or any other nits in south india under general cat

chances are low. but you should give a try in counselling. you may check your predicted rank at http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor
  img
Abhinav 5 days ago

Chances are vey less as ur jee main score is not soo good, but dont loose hope as ur board percentage is good and must try for spot round in counselling approve if useful

ng29 5 days ago
i am Lalit got 90 marks in jee mains ST category nd 76% in 12 th CBSE home state – Rajasthan what all colleges can i get for CS/IT branch only NIT’s/IIIT’s specially

chances of nit jaipur are very less but dont loose hope completely as nothing can be said very surely about counselling this year as cut off had also decreased as compared to last year also...

ng29 17 days ago

Don’t lose hope as there are various esteemed colleges and universities in our country which provide due benefits to the students and along with it their placements are also quite good, you...

Soneel Verma 16 days ago

just wait for ur rank , and chill out dont take tension and just prepare for jee advance and bitsat ui have full month of june to discuus about it all the best approve if useful

ng29 17 days ago
which would be a better book for advanced questions : MLkhannah objective SK goyal RD objective or suggest a better book

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago
hello sir i am mohit wadhwani selected in EML OF IITJEE EXAM ,I NEED YOUR STUDY MATERIAL FOR PREPARATION,I AM DOING MY PREPARATION FORM HOME ONLY ,SO PLEASE HELP ME HOW I GET IT,I AM FROM...

Hi Mohit, Go to this link: http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-physics.aspx We also provide Online tutoring for IIT JEE, by IITians, for those who study from their home, you can take that...

Askiitian.Expert Rajat 5 years ago
What are the top eamcet colleges???

Osmania University, JNTU, CBIT, Vasavi groups, SNIST....

erra akhil 13 days ago

the to

SAITEJA GOUD 10 days ago
Sir, plz help me....what should i do?????....i was not able to clear jee mains even i didn’t got a desired rankin vit...have applied for UPES Dheradun i have no idea about this...

mansi dont loose hope , and just leave the thought of drop a year its not big deal that u had not qualify jee main this year paper was quite tough and UPES is good college among the private...

ng29 17 days ago

i recently checked on internet that chances of lnmittal are less as it requires minimum of 150 and u can get mechanical in thapar on score of 130 dont worry , and calm down and study for...

ng29 17 days ago

have u given jee main paper 1 or not bcoz there is one more college in jaipur LN MITTAL INSTITUTE it is private but really a good college it takes admissiom on the basis of score in jee main...

ng29 17 days ago
View all Questions »