Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

I want to know how much will I have to work in order to get a very good rank in JEE by preparing for a single year and by self study.

About me-

I was a good student till a year back, scored 88% in my class 10 boards. But the last year had been a disaster. I failed several times. My 11th final exam is going on and I'm not going to do good I can tell. I may even fail in physics and chemistry. So you obviously can tell that I know almost nothing about the syllabus.

Coming to the point-

Its not that I lack confidence. I have faith in myself that I can clear JEE with one of the best ranks. Thats because, in my 11th, I was not sincere, and hence I had done extremely bad. But I know I can recover if I work hard. Besides, during my 10th, I studied sincerely for 3 months and had done pretty fair, I guess. So I have confidence that I can do it in a year.

I don't want to take coaching because tuitions don't do much good to me, I know. Last year, I took tuition and got just nothing. I don't think it can help me much. Besides, we don't have very good centers in Guwahati. And my point is 1000s of students take coaching in a center, how many of them get through? Hardly 10-15!! And those are brilliant as well as hard working, they don't taste success because of others I guess.

And if I don't succeed (just a probability, I have confidence that I can clear it the first time I appear), I can take coaching at Kota next year. So I am not losing much.

What I want to know is do you believe in me too? What are the books that I have to choose in order to get through by self study? Do you think one year is not sufficient (cause I don't think so)?

PLEASE GIVE A DETAILED ANSWER!

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

dear sameer , i also didnt believe in coaching institute & tutions etc ... same condition i had already faced & my 1 year

was wasted ....i thnk there is no need of coaching to clear IIT & i believe that self study is 100 or 1000 times better than

to go here n there for tutions etc ...those students which are selected in JEE are already hardworking there is no contribution of coaching for their selection in IIT'S ...

most important is to built ur concepts  basics, & this can be done by reading gud books with dedication & full

concentration....i thnk u should join test series of FIITJEE or brilliant so that u can also compare ur preparation

with others ...

now i m  giving a list of books u should have

for basics

maths - RD sharma

chemestry - dinesh or pradeep    (refresher)

physics - pradeep      (refresher)

for iit level

maths - A das gupts

chemestry - disha's organic chemestry , p bahadur or RC mukherjee (numericals)

physics - arihant DC pandey (all five parts)

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

If the ordered pairs (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) satisfying the system of equationslog10 y – log10 |x| = log100 4 and log100 |x + y| = , find the value of (x1 + x2 + y1 + y2).

Hii The value after secong log term is not written . Kindly provide the complete information and we will help you . Best of Luck
  img
Sourabh Singh 14 days ago
Is class 12 th pass student from cbse change to state board for again 12 th will be eligible for jee advance or not?

@ rajiv yes , u are elligible but the thing is it might not help you , beacuse in jee mains and advanced the paper setting comitee is cbse and they will follow strictly the cbse syllabus...

Umakant biswal 24 days ago

you are eligible if you have not appeared in jee advance exam 2 times before because only 2 chances are given to sit in advance exam. please post if still any doubt regard sahil:]

SAHIL 25 days ago
Hy, sir I m gautam from vibrant academy Kota. . I m not reading with sincerely & I have to crack iit jee, ,but ri8 now I`m in class 12th & I have only 9months.. What should I do? How it is...

@ gautam As u are in class 12 th , then its too late already for starting the preparation , still what u can do right now is to utilise the rest time effectivly to get the best output . so, ...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Dear Friend your query itself shows that you are quite concerned and very much aware that your time is runningb low and that you need to work hard. Actually, this spark is must to do...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
sir my rank is 9959 in jeemains so what i have to take nits or iiits. is iiit jabalpur is good.. please inform which nit can i take that would be good..in top nits

Hi, Yes IIIT Jabalpur is a good college. Prefer top NITs. Even some IIITs are better then lower rank NITs. So therefore I will suggest you to look the ranking of NITs and IIITs before...
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Yes, You can even wait for further rounds, hopefully you will get the more better option, Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Give your first preference to the top NITS and then rather than trying for lower NITS you should go for top IIITs. In the meanwhile you can also check for some Private Universities. There...

raghav dua one month ago
what is tangential acceleration

the linear acceleration of a particle at any point on the curved path. Tangential acceleration is a measure of how the tangential velocity of a point at a certain radius changes with time...

Ananthasayanam Thiruvenkatachary 11 months ago

The tangential acceleration is a measure of the rate of change in the magnitude of the velocity vector, i.e. speed, and the normal acceleration are a measure of the rate of change of the...

SHANMUKESHWAR 11 months ago
what is the meaning of java is platform independent language? what is it significance?

Java solves the problem of platform-independence by using byte code. The Java compiler does not produce native executable code for a particular machine like a C compiler would. Instead it...

Shane Macguire 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off