I've gone through other websites too, and I can see that for one subject there are like 5-10 books. Is it really necessary to follow a number of books or they are to be selected from the list based on which book the student understands the most? Is every topic not included in a single book?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Sameer

Yes you are right. just select the best book. you should refer maximum 2 books for a subject. too many books waste your time.

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IIT Delhi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively :Click here to download the toolbar..

3 years ago

Dear Sameer

Yes you are right. just select the best book. you should refer maximum 2 books for a subject. too many books waste your time.also ask the professor about the book you have selected ,dont read many books .in some times this will cause confussion.becausedifferent book contains different kind of solution

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am getting MPAE & ICE at NSIT . So I want to know that which one is better among these two ?

They are both kind of equal, but MPAE is one of the most under rated branches. Recently, the placements were very good from MPAE in NSIT.ICE too is good but MPAE is slightly better than ICE....
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
my age is 19 and i m going to give 12 th board though state board next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

READ JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria 1. Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects They must have studied any one...
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born onorafter 1 st October 1989. So for JEE 2015you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e.,Born on or after...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago

Yes , you will be eligible for the jee, you should read good books for preperation, http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx, read this article all good books are mentioned in...
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago
hello sir ….. i m a student of 10+2 non medical i want to crack IIT 2015......can u give me some tips?

If you want to crack JEE 2015, then you should have proper time management skills, i.e. you need work efficiently. Give proper time to each topic and to each subject. Don’t prioritise...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
Sir, what do you feel is the better..... Biochemical engineering and biotechnology(dual degree) in IIT Delhi or EEE in NIT Surathkal or Metallurgy (dual degree) in IIT Kharagpur?

In my opinion, Biotech would be better in IIT Delhi. IIT Delhi would provide you good exposure. THanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi askiitians faculty
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

Biotech isn’t a great branch.You should opt for Production and Industrial Engineering at IIT Roorkee or Metallurgy at IIT KGP.

AKSHAT BHANDARI 3 months ago
sir this year i am giving ntse exam...but i am not taking classes for it...so sir kaise prepare karna hoga..

Most of thing will come from your school syllabus. First, you should focus on the school study, plus there is a book for NTSE exam by Tata Mcgraw hill. You should focus on the book as well....
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
sir is the option of changing the branch from chemical engineering to civil engineering reliable in nit calicut. is that too much risky? i am not interested in chemical engineering.

If you are not interested in chemical engineering and want to shift to civil engineering, this option is reliable.The risks in this process are first of all such branch changing option...
  img
Ramreddy one month ago
View all Questions »