ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   why will the charged particle move in a straight line when projected from rest in a region of steady and uniform elec and mag fields which are parallel to each other?

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

magnetic force on particle = qvBsin@

when velocity is parallel to magnetic then @ = 0 or 180,

then magnetic force is qvBsin0 = 0

electric force is F = qE

net force  =  electric force+ magnetic force = qE

net force is electric force along the direction of motion...so the motion of charged particle is straight line acclerated motion...

4 years ago

As the charge is at rest, it will accelerate by elctric field along the line of electric field ( magnetic field only change direction of charge).

Now as the magnectic field is parallal to electric field, so charge will move along magnetic field.

From the forluma, Fm=qvBsinθ as the θ=0 Fm=0, hence no net force magnetic force acting on it (and hence it will not change its direction)

From above result, as only eletric force acting on it, charge particle will move in a straight line (along the line of electric field due to eletric force)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
please suggest between allen kota,fiitjee kalu sarai,resonance kota. considering that i am an average student want the syllabus to go smooth and teach us as a fresher.(for drpper course)?

i think RESONANCE KOTa will be best for u as i had seen there notes and material , it is very well organized than all other institutes, also it will be very helpful for u . and u will be...

ng29 one month ago

yess ofcourse i had talked to one of my friends who gave paper this year and he was from resonance he scored 197 in mains and 95 in boards , i had reccomended after consulting him teachers...

ng29 one month ago

look it depends on ur determination and hard work , student does not matters not fiitjee bcoz they are very high level and their material is also upto olympiad level that is unnceceesary...

ng29 one month ago
Hello,I have cracked JEE MAIN with 100 marks. I am expecting to get around 97% in +2(Tamil Nadu Board). Will I able to get NIT with computer Science Department. And tell me about...

Good Job, Keep an eye on the counselling rounds of NITs and be a little more pro-active in finding out the details of some other institutions too to make a choice for admission, you may try ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 days ago

The best book will be previous years. Buy the arihant previous years questions and it will benefit u for sure

Mantavya 2 months ago

It is very difficult for u to get computer science in nit.

Mantavya 2 months ago
i am studying in an isc school presently. i have physics,chemistry, mathematics and computer science(java programes) in my syllabus and am an ii aspirant. i would like to know that whether...

If you do not study computer science or not taking this as an optional subject then no problem, IFF serious aspirants for IIT-JEE ADV.. You must concentrate on PCM...ONLY.... Prepare your...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

This hardly makes a difference under which board or in which school one reads, but what matters the most is, how many and what type of efforts one is puuting in to succeed in his/her...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 days ago

i am in isc board.. my school is st. joseph’s college, allhabad. i cant go out of allhabad and have to study here... perhaps i can get any of ur cell phone number to explain my sitiuation...

Yaheya Farooqui 2 months ago
iit ranking

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/opening-closing-rank.html
  img
Saurabh Kumar 9 days ago

IIT KGP, M, K, D, G, R
  img
Avinash 8 days ago
hello i applied to DAIICT and i made the payment but it was unsuccessful it has been weeks but the money is not refunded to me and my application also failed what do i do now ?

I suggest to visit the official wwebsite of DAIICT, get toll free number(s), keep making calls and asking for the refund of your money and parallely you may seek admission at some other...

Aniket Bagga 22 days ago

visit the official page and get toll free no and call them frequently

sajid 12 days ago

send regular emails even try to contact them as fat as u can

grenade 21 days ago
Sir which of these would be better BITS Goa CS, IIT BHU Chemical Engineering or ISM CS if palcement & packages are to be considered

If palcements & packages are to be considered CS would take first place everywhere, all the time
  img
Avinash yesterday

so sir in your suggestion CS from which of these would be the best: ISM, BITS, DTU, NSIT

Mehul Bhatia 23 hours ago
View all Questions »