Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: Exclusive40

why will the charged particle move in a straight line when projected from rest in a region of steady and uniform elec and mag fields which are parallel to each other?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

magnetic force on particle = qvBsin@

when velocity is parallel to magnetic then @ = 0 or 180,

then magnetic force is qvBsin0 = 0

electric force is F = qE

net force  =  electric force+ magnetic force = qE

net force is electric force along the direction of motion...so the motion of charged particle is straight line acclerated motion...

5 years ago

As the charge is at rest, it will accelerate by elctric field along the line of electric field ( magnetic field only change direction of charge).

Now as the magnectic field is parallal to electric field, so charge will move along magnetic field.

From the forluma, Fm=qvBsinθ as the θ=0 Fm=0, hence no net force magnetic force acting on it (and hence it will not change its direction)

From above result, as only eletric force acting on it, charge particle will move in a straight line (along the line of electric field due to eletric force)

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

which of these is best for doubt clearing for iit jee ,plancess,toppr,askiitians pls give me the reasons and details

You can put up your questions on all the portals alternately and wherever you get satisfactory answer, prefer that to be the best one and if you ask about a better institution, I may...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

Hi Ajay, I would say go for Plancess..Because they have Guru Guidance programme where IITians will help you out solving your doubts and helping you to clear IIT.

Alok 11 months ago

go for plances and askiitians. Because they are iitian and they will obviusly teach you in that way that you can too become an iitian. THANKS

vb 11 months ago
how maNY tyms a person could attempt the exam

JEE advanced can be attempted for maximum of 2 times. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

Three attempt for JEE mains. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

One can attempt JEE mains for thrice and Jee advance for twice and that too in subsequent years back to back, and you may follow these tips for preparation –Stay focused on your studies and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago
what is the relation between boards and jee and what if join a dummy school

CBSE board exams just focusses on 'Rote Learning',whereas JEE main questions require a bit analysis and are more conceptual and tricky.While JEE is about practice, Board exams are...
  img
Bhavya 2 months ago

Hii What you want to imply by a dummy school.Kindly elaborate and repost the question.
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago

Well u should not go to a "dummy" school as it iz "dummy" the students are also "dummy" who will try their best to convert u into a "dummy" n then u will not be able to call anyone a...

rahul 2 months ago
STRESSFULL SITUATION !!!! I am in 12 th and current studying for IIT-JEE 2016, i always try my best to clear my doubts in my coaching institute, i try to study as long as i can , but the...

I totally understand. 12 th std is extremely stressful because the student has to manage both entrance and boards. Firstly, i’d ask you to not panic so much, it’s okay to not have friends,...

Neeti 10 months ago

You are most welcome :) you can always ask us when you need help, with doubts or even when you need a little motivation :)

Neeti 10 months ago

Thank you for the advice :)....

Sarang Patil 10 months ago
i have got 285 in bitsat 2016 can i get civil engineering at hyderabad in waiting list?

Dear student, you must visit the official website of BITS Hyderabad and there you may get the exact information whether you may be allotted civil branch overthere or not, if not then there...

Aneesh Sehgal 9 days ago

PLEASE VIST THE BELOW MENTIONED LINK AND COMPARE YOUR RESULTS WITH LAST YEAR CUTOF http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/cutoffs.html thanks

SAHIL 13 days ago
Q .1- A projectile projected at some angle with vel. 50m/s crosses a 20m wall after 4s from the time of projection. The angle of projection of particle will be ? ( pls give full sol.) 2. a...

Q2 please tell me the width of river Abhishek doyal IIT Bombay Askiitian tutor
  img
Abhishek Doyal 2 years ago

Hello Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 years ago

Abhishek doyal IIT bombay Askiitian tutor
  img
Abhishek Doyal 2 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000