Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: SSP40

why will the charged particle move in a straight line when projected from rest in a region of steady and uniform elec and mag fields which are parallel to each other?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

magnetic force on particle = qvBsin@

when velocity is parallel to magnetic then @ = 0 or 180,

then magnetic force is qvBsin0 = 0

electric force is F = qE

net force  =  electric force+ magnetic force = qE

net force is electric force along the direction of motion...so the motion of charged particle is straight line acclerated motion...

5 years ago

As the charge is at rest, it will accelerate by elctric field along the line of electric field ( magnetic field only change direction of charge).

Now as the magnectic field is parallal to electric field, so charge will move along magnetic field.

From the forluma, Fm=qvBsinθ as the θ=0 Fm=0, hence no net force magnetic force acting on it (and hence it will not change its direction)

From above result, as only eletric force acting on it, charge particle will move in a straight line (along the line of electric field due to eletric force)

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

will you please suggest me anything about IIT?How it is useful in our career?

Getting into the IIT’s will make you a true scholar with respect to academics as well as extra curricular activities too. You are free there to work on your ideas and the labs are also...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago

Dear student, IITs are world best engineering colleges to study in. IT will give a boost to ur career like anything.... Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered ...

Yaa!! they will be considered in both IIT JEE MAIN & ADVANCED RANKS so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to...

Riddhi Gupta 8 months ago

Yana they will be considered in both iitjee main and advanced so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to advanced...

12 th marks will be considered for only jee mains ranking and as a criteria for qualifying to write jee advanced(i.e. to get int top 20 percentile or to get 75% above marks).. but they...

Mohit Kumar 4 months ago
how to pass aieee

Join any good institute for its preparation and give your best into it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

U can do R.D. Sharma and M.L. Khanna for maths … O.P. Tandon for physical ,organic and inorganic chem (separate books for each ) ...also numerical and physical chem of P. Bahadur (separate...

hi friend , there is difference between jee main syllabus and jee advanced syllabus

Dear STudent, As such there is very slight difference inbetween the syllabus. Some few very less important topics are not included in the advanced syllabus. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 5 months ago

HI SIR THE DIFFERENCE JEE MAIS AND ADVANCED IS TOPICS THAT WE READ.SO VERY SMALL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAINS AND ADVANCED.

NARAYANA 4 months ago
I am in 10 the standard right now in ICSE syllabus and I want to prepare for JEE exams so how should I prepare and how should I study

Hii I am giving you the list of Books which you can follow in order to do the prepration .Follow these and contact Askiitians in case of any doubt on 0120-4616500. Reference Books for...
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago

Hii the basic stuff is the books that you follow in order to do the prepration.Here is the list of books that you can follow Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT...
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
could you please tell me the list of books required for aiims mbbs?

There are so many books avaliable in market. u can follow any one of your convenience. choose the books which will be better to understand at u.. it should be equiped with practice question ...

Umakant biswal 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off