Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

why will the charged particle move in a straight line when projected from rest in a region of steady and uniform elec and mag fields which are parallel to each other?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

magnetic force on particle = qvBsin@

when velocity is parallel to magnetic then @ = 0 or 180,

then magnetic force is qvBsin0 = 0

electric force is F = qE

net force  =  electric force+ magnetic force = qE

net force is electric force along the direction of motion...so the motion of charged particle is straight line acclerated motion...

5 years ago

As the charge is at rest, it will accelerate by elctric field along the line of electric field ( magnetic field only change direction of charge).

Now as the magnectic field is parallal to electric field, so charge will move along magnetic field.

From the forluma, Fm=qvBsinθ as the θ=0 Fm=0, hence no net force magnetic force acting on it (and hence it will not change its direction)

From above result, as only eletric force acting on it, charge particle will move in a straight line (along the line of electric field due to eletric force)

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I got mechanical branch in IIT PALAKKAD in round 1.But i want to wait for next rounds for better IITS,then what should i do?Is it possible?

If you are allotted IIT Pallakad, then you have to register and submit the fee, but if you want to attend recounselling, then you have to left the college..then you do not know, what would...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago

Rest assured as IIT Palakkad has earned a very good image as far as quality education and placements are concerned, where as if you are not satisfied with Mechanical stream let me tell you...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

Select Floating option i.e you will retain current alocated branch and also eligible for 2 nd and 3 rd round. you can have idea about first round cutoff for deferent branches and colleges....

Rahat S one year ago
Please tell me , How many month enough for jee advanced passing with good rank ?

@ dipesh It depends upon your efficiency of work , and the no of hours you are putting in doing the hardwork . truely speaking , 1 yr is enough for the jee syllabus , if u will put 5-6 hrs...

Umakant biswal 16 days ago
Sir, recently i have bought the IIT and JEE study materials from you the material you provided for practice only contain 30 question for test in each lesson, NCRT solution, and previous...

YES SURE PRACTICING THIS MATERIAL IS ENOUGH FOR BOTH JEE MAINS AS WELL AS JEE ADVANCE EXAM. MANY OF THE STUDENTS WHO PREPRE FROM THIS STUDY MATERIAL GOT TOP RANKS IN JEE EXAMS .SO IT IS...

SAHIL 5 days ago
Why josaa is giving same college and branch in various rounds.even if my AIR is good in jee mains but i am not alloated any nit.

Dear students, The seats are being alloted thourgh a proper algorithm which consist of many criteria like, rank, score, category, cutoff, home state quota, any other quota, board marks, your...
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 days ago
total number of seats in neet 2 including private medical college seat

HI PIYUSH There are around 381 medical colleges - both government and private — in the country with around 63800 MBBS seats registered with the Medical Council of India (MCI). THANKS AND...

SAHIL one month ago

@ piyush there are total 150 around private college and 200 around private collgeges in india , and the total seats registered with them for MBBS nd BDS are around 64,000. from 2017-18 all...

Umakant biswal one month ago
I have joined Brilliant's Test Series. Is the level of this test series the same as that of the final exam of IIT-JEE? I have heard from my friends that Brilliant's Test series are very...

Hi Viraj, Test series are mainly for getting the exam temperament....... and to study systematically according to the syllabus mentioned in the test series schedule..... also solve the...

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off