ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   why will the charged particle move in a straight line when projected from rest in a region of steady and uniform elec and mag fields which are parallel to each other?

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

magnetic force on particle = qvBsin@

when velocity is parallel to magnetic then @ = 0 or 180,

then magnetic force is qvBsin0 = 0

electric force is F = qE

net force  =  electric force+ magnetic force = qE

net force is electric force along the direction of motion...so the motion of charged particle is straight line acclerated motion...

4 years ago

As the charge is at rest, it will accelerate by elctric field along the line of electric field ( magnetic field only change direction of charge).

Now as the magnectic field is parallal to electric field, so charge will move along magnetic field.

From the forluma, Fm=qvBsinθ as the θ=0 Fm=0, hence no net force magnetic force acting on it (and hence it will not change its direction)

From above result, as only eletric force acting on it, charge particle will move in a straight line (along the line of electric field due to eletric force)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
which coaching institute in delhi is good for one year IIT preparation . i.e from basics to masters in one year only (for an average student)

There are many coaching institute in delhi, but ASKIITIANS is EVERYWHERE. Advantage of taking online coaching Simple, Flexible Logistics : After location, time is the greatest limitation on...
  img
Nishant Vora 27 days ago
I am taking my board exams through NIOS [2015] and while applying for the JEE main, there is a column to specify the name and address of the school. Since I am not enrolled in any...

Hello Student, In case of any confusion you can post it tojeemain[at]nic[dot]in or call them. Go to thejee 2015 website Because ultimately they are the deciders not we. Thanks,...
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago

Thanks for the reply sir. I am also worried whether there might be any clash in the exam dates. As both of them are due April.

Elamparithi 4 months ago
sir how can i write the test series of ask iitians , can you tell me the procedure

Hii Yes you join the test series askiitians by enrolling for the test series. You can enroll for the test series askiitians at “ askiitians.com/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?packageID=17...
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago

Please call 1800 2000 838 and they will tell you procedure in detail or Visit askiitian homepage. On right hand side you can choose to chat with concerned person. These persons will...
  img
Harsh Patodia 6 months ago
if the straight line through the point P(3,4) makes an angle π/6 with x-axis in anticlockwise sense and meets the line 12x+5y+10=0 at Q,then the length of PQ= 132/12√3+5 132/12√3-5 13/12√3-5...

Form the eqn of a line passing through the point P(3,4) and has a slope equal to tan(theta) where theta is the angle the line makes with the positive direction of X axis in clockwise...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago

Hi Student Using point slope form , equation of above line is y-4 =1/ ( x-3) from Second equation y= (-10-12x)/5 Solve the 2 equation and get the point Q Using distance formula find PQ.
  img
Harsh Patodia 4 months ago
i got 86% in 10 th board and 82% in 12 th exam . how much do i have to score to qualify jee mains ??

First of all everything is relative, if there are many students gettting more than you, they will obviously be preferred. Secondly, you have a good score in board exam both in 80’s but...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
Rank these for CSE on future prospects,please? NITT,NITW,NITK,NITA,COEP?

Ranking of CSE in the mentioned colleges on the basis of college rankings, since CSE is top branch in all these NITs. the priority order can be decided on the basis of college ranking: 1....
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago
View all Questions »