Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

Hello Sir,

I would like to know if the people who get top ranks in jee know almost all the concepts in their mock exams.

i.e. the marks they score:

What is % of intelligent guessing

% of guessing by luck

% of stuff which people actually dont know.

I get good marks in my mock iit tests but am not sure whether i am actually upto the mark. I am not sure whether to attempt only those for which i am fully confident or also those based on gut feeling/

thnx

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The people who get top ranks in IIT JEE may or may not know all the concepts.It all depends on how well you perform in those 6 hrs of exam.Regarding mock exams ,generally people with good concepts get good marks.IF its a mock exam there are many people who take the exam lightly and guess them.There are may be 10% easy questions for which you can easily guess the answers.Luck factor is different for different person.Yes there some very difficult questions in IIT JEE paper that can differentiate a good conceptual guy to normal intelligent guy.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Is it really possible to get below 5000 rank if I study for JEE for 16 months. The main problem is I can only afford 4-5 hours a day only! Please do not give motivational but logical and...

@raghotham Yes , obviously u can , if you are talking about jee advanced also , then also u can . but u need to spend that 4-5 hours with smart work , and donot let that 4-5 hours to go by...

Umakant biswal 16 days ago
presently am in 11 th. iam an aspirant of jee 2017. so as to crack jee iam taking coaching. i thought that they only focus students on iit. but they are telling iit as well as...

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Soneel Verma one year ago

Don’t make the mistake of being in pressure or stress I suggest you immediately quit before it is too late.

Akshit Matthew one year ago

Well, if you haven’t spent much money on it, the best option would be to quit it.

Kalyani Jayachandran Menon one year ago
DEAR ASKIITIANS STAFF, I AM IN 12TH STANDARD SO I HAVE TO WRITE IITJEE MAINS PLEASE SUGGUEST ME HOW TO PREPARE FROM NOW?

from now onwards concentrate on your core subjects i.e matha,physics,chmistry take coaching from askiitians tutors and join in askiitians crash course for IIT-JEE Mains exam ...prepare for...

KALYAN 7 months ago

firstly you have to full fill the intermediate. why because jee main exam is based upon intermediate concepts. if full fill the intermediate you have to some other books if you learn the...

raj 6 months ago

firstly you have to full fill the intermediate. why because jee main exam is based upon intermediate concepts. if full fill the intermediate you have to some other books if you learn the...

RAMCHANDRARAO 7 months ago
i scored 282 in my bitsat exams...i just want to know if i will get any branch in any of the 3 colleges for b.e. any how in any round of counselling

The following table shows the cutt-offs for previous years, however it may vary year to year.
  img
Ankit 2 months ago

Dear Student, play an active role and keep an eye on the counselling rounds to make sure that you are in, else no need to feel disheartened or discouraged as there are n-number of esteemed...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
Sir what will I get with an bitsat score of 314.n also can u provide me the expected cutoffs of Bitsat u published last year so that I can compare them with the actual cutoffs.

hi prashant, please visit the following link to know the expected cut off for this year and cut off for last year http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/cutoffs.html if you have any further query ...

SAHIL 15 days ago

these expected cutoff list is prepared by well experienced iitians and bits graduates. list is prepared by the most talented iitians of india who have spent more than 10-15 years in this...

SAHIL 12 days ago

thanks.i also want to know that how accurate expected cutoff of bitsat shall prove to be ?? what were the criteria you used to calculate the expected cutoff.kindly respond as soon as...

PRASHANT SHANKAR 13 days ago
Hello i have a query, a doubt rather ...i might get a rank under 8k in jee advanced and have done quite well in jee mains...i am also getting bits goa chemical and bits Hyderabad mechanical ...

RGIPT would be a decent choice if you really want to pursue Petroleum engineering career, since it is an institute of national importance, but it cannot be compared to IITs in terms of...
  img
Ankit 2 months ago

The institutions that you have mentioned here, are all quite reputed and elite class, you may go for any one of them without much thinking, but if you think that at RGIPT you may be able to ...

Aneesh Sehgal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off