DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Sir,

I have been allotted B Tech -Chemical Science & Technology as per my JEE 2009 rank. I have been allotted 5 yrs DD CSE in IIITH. which option will be better for me?

Chemical Engineering and CST, are 2 different branches in IITG. Which is better? Please differentiate. Thanks.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kshitij,

I want to answer your first question, i.e. whether B.Tech chemical science and tech at IITG is better than IIIT H CSE DD

I depends on your interest actually, if you like to pursue research oriented jobs B.Tech chem Tech is better because as per my knowledge even chemical science and technology is a b.tech, it is under the department of chemistry and not under the department of chemical engineering. So, it deals mainly with research oriented works and jobs, i.e. if you want to do a MS or a phd then in that department. As IIT G has a repute, if you have interest in such research oriented career, it is a very good option.

If you have interest in CSE IIIT H it is also an option. IIIT H is also a good institution, and the job prospectus is also good.

Regarding the second question, yes chemical engineering and Chemical science & technology are different braches. As i told before if you want to join industry i.e. job as an engineer, chemical engineering is your path way. If you want to pursue research then B.Tech in chemical science and technology will be better. Because, just with a btech in chem science and technology you will not be able to get much further. that will be fruitful only if you do MS or Phd.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Kshitij!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

IIT KGP

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Is JEE Advance 2016 going to be subjective? Please tell the the latest updates regarding this matter. I am a JEE Aspirant and I’ve been studying since class 11(I will enter 12 th this year)...

Even ive heard of these rumours but they were later regarded as media hype.JEE is basically only objective type due to the difficulty of questions.

Rohit 3 months ago

I need an answer please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RON 3 months ago
Hi, I am preparing for JEE 2016.But I don't get time for studies as going to college and coaching takes much of my time.Please suggest me how to study ,how to manage time and how to avoid...

Hii Seven Steps for effective Time Management Organize:- Have an organized work place Maintain a proper planner for study Plan out your daily activity based on their importance level...
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago

Hii Thanks for your equivocating response. It’s appreciated . Keep on posting for more queries and we will revert back to you promptly in this manner. Thanks n Best of Luck. . . . . .....
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago

Thankyou Sir for your invaluable advice.....

Sachin Kamath 7 months ago
I wanted to know which Chemistry book to buy for 11 th and 12 th that has : excellent content and lot of good examples. Please help

The best bok has to be ‘Modern Appraoch to Chemical Calculations’ by RC Mukherjee and the other one I’d suggest is ‘Physical Chemistry’ by OP Tandon.

Ram 3 months ago

You can go for R.C.Mukherjee or P.Bahadur’s Numerical Chemistry. I think both are good books. I refer R.C.Mukherjee.

Adarsh singh 3 months ago
The electric potential due to a charged sphere of radius 2.0 cm is 400V at a distance of 10 cm from the centre. What will be the electric field at a distance of 20 cm from the centre of the...

V=E*D E=V/D E=400/0.2=2000 N/m

parthasarathy 5 months ago

V=E*D E=V/D E=400/0.2=2000 N/m

parthasarathy 5 months ago
Sir, I am a student of computer science & engineering. I have completed my 1st year. You know that, the coming future for IT workers is not so good as before. Now in this situation, my...

Hi The IT sector is still on a rise, although the rise is not at the same pace. Today also, IT sector is one of the desired career options. about ur ques regarding the M Tech preparation ,...

AskiitianExpert Shine 5 years ago
seeing the present situation cs is definately a good choice bec india is IT hub but sir in long terms is this a good feild...bec in recession many cs professional loose their job...

Dear akki CS is still a best choice for the student. recession is not only affecting IT industry,it is in the every field. in present as well as in future it is a top most choice for a...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »