Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: ask30

Sir,

I have been allotted B Tech -Chemical Science & Technology as per my JEE 2009 rank. I have been allotted 5 yrs DD CSE in IIITH. which option will be better for me?

Chemical Engineering and CST, are 2 different branches in IITG. Which is better? Please differentiate. Thanks.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kshitij,

I want to answer your first question, i.e. whether B.Tech chemical science and tech at IITG is better than IIIT H CSE DD

I depends on your interest actually, if you like to pursue research oriented jobs B.Tech chem Tech is better because as per my knowledge even chemical science and technology is a b.tech, it is under the department of chemistry and not under the department of chemical engineering. So, it deals mainly with research oriented works and jobs, i.e. if you want to do a MS or a phd then in that department. As IIT G has a repute, if you have interest in such research oriented career, it is a very good option.

If you have interest in CSE IIIT H it is also an option. IIIT H is also a good institution, and the job prospectus is also good.

Regarding the second question, yes chemical engineering and Chemical science & technology are different braches. As i told before if you want to join industry i.e. job as an engineer, chemical engineering is your path way. If you want to pursue research then B.Tech in chemical science and technology will be better. Because, just with a btech in chem science and technology you will not be able to get much further. that will be fruitful only if you do MS or Phd.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Kshitij!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

IIT KGP

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

jeemain 2 round counslling date 2015

Seat Allocation on 13 July,15. Please refer jee mains website for complete shedule. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago

Counselling rounds are going own, the second round is on Tuesday- 13 july, keep an eye on the outcome, if you got it then nothing like that else try seeking admission at some other leading...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 7 months ago

13 th july 2015, round 2 counselling

Prajwal Kavad 7 months ago
Sir my jee main rank is 1,50,000 nd board marks are 57% i wnated to ask do board marks matter for counsiling in jee and i manage to get a seat through jee main counsiling buy JOSAA

Your +2 board score is not very promising, and it does matter a lot, you are not elibible to get a seat through Josaa but you may definitely get a seat at some reputed institutions where...

Soneel Verma 6 months ago

Please correct some errors in your question it’s by not buy and wanted not wnated.And yes board matters very much.

Akshit Matthew 7 months ago
how maNY tyms a person could attempt the exam

JEE advanced can be attempted for maximum of 2 times. Thanks.
  img

Three attempt for JEE mains. Thanks
  img

One can attempt JEE mains for thrice and Jee advance for twice and that too in subsequent years back to back, and you may follow these tips for preparation –Stay focused on your studies and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 7 months ago
i want jipmers qn paaper bitch

Search in google for jipmer previous year question papers. You will get atleast 4 previous year question papers.

Adarsh 8 months ago

go and die

Akshay M S 10 months ago
i have been alotted nit surathkal mechanical engineering in 2 nd round if seat allocation. i missed iit kanpur bs chemistry and iit gandhinagar material science engineering by 80 ranks and...

IITs are comparatively better in terms of academics. Also it will give you the brand value. Thanks.
  img

Yes, you can check their official website regarding placements.
  img

IIT Kanpur > NIT Surat > IIT Gandhinagar.
  img
my sister is doing BBA under kuk university.it was final yr.tell me what she must do after this.she want to join FMS college for mba.what is the procedue to take admission,abt exam level.is ...

After BBA she has many options : the best is she can for a job You can go with CAT for entry into 8 IIMS , XLRI etc. like management exams which offer 2 year PGDM courses. A part from this...

Ramesh V 5 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off