DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Sir,

I have been allotted B Tech -Chemical Science & Technology as per my JEE 2009 rank. I have been allotted 5 yrs DD CSE in IIITH. which option will be better for me?

Chemical Engineering and CST, are 2 different branches in IITG. Which is better? Please differentiate. Thanks.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kshitij,

I want to answer your first question, i.e. whether B.Tech chemical science and tech at IITG is better than IIIT H CSE DD

I depends on your interest actually, if you like to pursue research oriented jobs B.Tech chem Tech is better because as per my knowledge even chemical science and technology is a b.tech, it is under the department of chemistry and not under the department of chemical engineering. So, it deals mainly with research oriented works and jobs, i.e. if you want to do a MS or a phd then in that department. As IIT G has a repute, if you have interest in such research oriented career, it is a very good option.

If you have interest in CSE IIIT H it is also an option. IIIT H is also a good institution, and the job prospectus is also good.

Regarding the second question, yes chemical engineering and Chemical science & technology are different braches. As i told before if you want to join industry i.e. job as an engineer, chemical engineering is your path way. If you want to pursue research then B.Tech in chemical science and technology will be better. Because, just with a btech in chem science and technology you will not be able to get much further. that will be fruitful only if you do MS or Phd.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Kshitij!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

IIT KGP

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
can we write cbse class 12 improvement exans and jee entrance exam in the same year

If you get selected in IIT JEE exam than you have show a certificate that you have qualified your 12 th at the time of admission. If you are able to get a passing certificate of 12 th before...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Yeah you can.
  img
Abhishek Kumar one month ago
can u suggest which are the best books for the practise of numericals of physics chemistry and maths ?

Physics : H C Verma, D C Pandey
  img
Abhishek Kumar one month ago

HC Verma is good, but there are no solutions to the problems, if you want solutions then i’d suggest Arihant series.

shubham sharda one month ago
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 8 months ago
Sir, Among iiit sricity(ece) and gitam(civil),cbit hyderabad (civil),jntu vizianagaram (civil)..which is the best?i’m more intersted in civil than ece...but my parents are advicing to take...

I would suggest you to go for ece as ece has better placement and job opprtunity. Civil in good colleges like IITs give ou a good career...
  img
Amit Shekhar 8 months ago
I am a sc candidate...i am getting around 260 in aipmt this year....what will be my rank????????can i eligible for BDS atleast?

With these marks, it would be hard to get Dental seat in the gov college..as compare to last year counselling Lets wait for the best happening....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 days ago
in an intrinsic semiconductor band gap is 1.2eV then ratio of number of charge carriers at 600K and 300K is

Hope you understand the solution

Adarsh yesterday

Please approve if the above answer is correct.

Adarsh yesterday

Pl

Adarsh yesterday
View all Questions »