FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Sir,

I have been allotted B Tech -Chemical Science & Technology as per my JEE 2009 rank. I have been allotted 5 yrs DD CSE in IIITH. which option will be better for me?

Chemical Engineering and CST, are 2 different branches in IITG. Which is better? Please differentiate. Thanks.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kshitij,

I want to answer your first question, i.e. whether B.Tech chemical science and tech at IITG is better than IIIT H CSE DD

I depends on your interest actually, if you like to pursue research oriented jobs B.Tech chem Tech is better because as per my knowledge even chemical science and technology is a b.tech, it is under the department of chemistry and not under the department of chemical engineering. So, it deals mainly with research oriented works and jobs, i.e. if you want to do a MS or a phd then in that department. As IIT G has a repute, if you have interest in such research oriented career, it is a very good option.

If you have interest in CSE IIIT H it is also an option. IIIT H is also a good institution, and the job prospectus is also good.

Regarding the second question, yes chemical engineering and Chemical science & technology are different braches. As i told before if you want to join industry i.e. job as an engineer, chemical engineering is your path way. If you want to pursue research then B.Tech in chemical science and technology will be better. Because, just with a btech in chem science and technology you will not be able to get much further. that will be fruitful only if you do MS or Phd.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Kshitij!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

IIT KGP

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir i got 390 marks in ts state board and my doubt is what is the Ipe weightage on jee advanced and if i qualify jee mains with 120marks can i elgible for iit advnced

Main Score and Board score are taken in the 60:40 ratio. JEE Advanced:Candidates have to appear for Paper - I of JEE (Main) - 2015. Only top 1,50,000 candidates (including all categories)...
  img
Avinash 4 days ago

Dear Student, I will suggest you to please go through the eligibility criteria of jee advanced once. Because your percentage matters not your marks for eligibility in the jee. Also the marks...
  img
Vijay Mukti 4 days ago
Sir,I have got 9928 rank in jee advanced and 39232 rank in jee mains.Please guide me which branch and where should I take? Do the older iits conduct spot round for admission? ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​...

No, IITs do not conduct spot rounds. For IITs and NITs previous year opening and closing rank, please visit the official website of the respective exams. You will definetly get the idea...
  img
Vijay Mukti one month ago

It may not be possible at IITs but yes you may surely get at some other reputed NITs....for an exact information you may try visiting at the official website of JEE main and get to know...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
how should we prepare for iit-jee exam,schedule.

You should join any good institute who will make you ready for the exam. Also make the proper plan and daily schedule. Devote you maximum time in its preparation. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 21 days ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 21 days ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Soneel Verma 20 days ago
choosing chemical or metalurgy is better

Shanti recently I visited MNIT from American sociey of metals and i saw that there were wonders in that field powder metallurgy was one of the best part over there

grenade one month ago

last year i visited iit bombay hope it helpde u plz aprve

grenade one month ago

metalurgy

grenade one month ago
Got 101 in jee main sc category ang 85% in cisce board.please tell my expected rank.also tell can i get good nit or iiit.THANKS

You can get in good NIT but not the top branches i guess.Hope for the best but you didn’t mention about JEE advance marks.
  img
Avinash one month ago

To get into NIt one has to appear in JEE Advance and that too with flying colors, yes your categorymay help you get a seat in IIt but its again a matter of cutof list as well as the matter...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago

chances of nit are very less , but dont lose hope and fight till spot round as cut off for ur category is less stream does not matters , college name matters , if u get good college but not ...

ng29 one month ago
Sir,Which institute should I opt between,NIT Rourkela and Indian Institute of Space science and Technology(IIST)?

Dear student, Depends on the interest of your branch . Which branch you want to choose?
  img
Nishant Vora 13 days ago

Whenever you are stuck n a fix whether to choose quality conscious college of monetary benefit based collge then a comparson and contrast is justified, but here in your case both the...

Soneel Verma 10 days ago
View all Questions »