Which books should refer more for studying  for IITJEE ?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Shruti Kulkarni,

I would like to suggest you the following books for your IIT JEE preparation. These books are equally important for other national level Engineering Entrance Exams viz. AIEEE, BITSAT and DCE.

PHYSICS

Mechanics

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
- Resnick and Halliday

Electricity and Magnetism

- Resnick and Halliday Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
- Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

Optics

- Physics by H.C. Verma

Modern Physics

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

Heat and Waves

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Resnick and Halliday
- S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics
- Nelkon and Parker Advanced Level Physics
- S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics

CHEMISTRY

Organic Chemistry

- Morrison & Boyd
- Solutions to Morrison Boyd
- Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla

Inorganic Chemistry

- NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

General Chemistry

- J.D. Lee
- O.P. Aggarwal
- R.C. Mukerjee

MATHEMATICS

Algebra

- High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
- IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

Calculus; Analytic Geometry

- G.N. Berman
- Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
- Coordinate geometry by Loney
- Dr. Gorakh Prasad Co-ordinate Geometry book
- I.A.Maron

Vectors

ALL THE BEST

Please feel free to ask your queries here. All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So,help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitians

Surya Anuraag, Your freind

3 years ago

Dear student,

Go for the following books:

Maths- ML Khanna, Arihant

Physics: DC pandey

Chemistry: P Bahadur, Soloman, NCERT

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and I have a doubt whether I am able to obtain a seat at the IITs? I've checked the bulletin released JEE MAIN website and it says, "OCI/PIO/Foreign...

OCi/PIO are not eligible for admission to these institutes through this channel, not this year atleast. There are a lot progressions going around on this issue and the ministry may decide to...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago

I’ve signed up for MAINS under OCI nationality. It warned me about the ineligibility of NITS, IIITS, & other CFTIs, but I’m wondering whether I can get into IIT through JEE ADVANCED? Or does...

John Doe 15 days ago
what constant force p is required to bring a 50kg body which starts from rest to a speed of 10m/s in 7m neglect friction

a=v 2 /2s =>a=100/14=7.14 m/s 2 F=ma=50*7.14=357.14 N...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago

use v 2 -u 2 =2*a*s given u=0 and s= 7 m and v=10 m/s 100= 2*a*7 a= 100/14 Force required(p)= ma = 50*100/14 = 357 N...
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 2 months ago
Sir I am a Student Of Class 11 Preparing for AIPMT and AIIMS.Sir I m ToTALLY CONFUSED about my Preparation.i am Good at Physics as well as Chemistry.i Want to get Rank Under TOP 50 I can...

I would like to suggest you for NCERT firstly, Tkae a brief through NCERT, You would have idea about the syllabus and topic included for the AIIMS and AIPMT entrance exam. Later you must go...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago
Hi I need help in deciding my third choice, my AIR is 114 and i can choose between IIT Bomaby Electrical or IIT Kanpur CS or IIT Madras CS, what is your suggestion please help.

Hi Arham, You should choose IIT B Electrical as your third choice. Research facility, placement & faculty of EE at Bombay are quite good. Good Luck! Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh...
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago

which branch do you like? you will be forced to struggle in cs if you actually like ee. electrical will give you a broader and safer base if you want to pursue higher studies but if cs is...

Vineet Vinayak 5 months ago
on which topics should i focus at the last moment for JEE Mains 2014?

On the last moment you should focus on formulas of all concepts, and daily just revise the concepts you prepared well till now, now time has gone to focus on weak topics, just focus on your...
  img
Sher Mohammad 7 months ago
View all Questions »