Which books should refer more for studying  for IITJEE ?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Shruti Kulkarni,

I would like to suggest you the following books for your IIT JEE preparation. These books are equally important for other national level Engineering Entrance Exams viz. AIEEE, BITSAT and DCE.

PHYSICS

Mechanics

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
- Resnick and Halliday

Electricity and Magnetism

- Resnick and Halliday Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
- Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

Optics

- Physics by H.C. Verma

Modern Physics

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

Heat and Waves

- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Resnick and Halliday
- S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics
- Nelkon and Parker Advanced Level Physics
- S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics

CHEMISTRY

Organic Chemistry

- Morrison & Boyd
- Solutions to Morrison Boyd
- Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla

Inorganic Chemistry

- NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

General Chemistry

- J.D. Lee
- O.P. Aggarwal
- R.C. Mukerjee

MATHEMATICS

Algebra

- High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
- IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

Calculus; Analytic Geometry

- G.N. Berman
- Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
- Coordinate geometry by Loney
- Dr. Gorakh Prasad Co-ordinate Geometry book
- I.A.Maron

Vectors

ALL THE BEST

Please feel free to ask your queries here. All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So,help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitians

Surya Anuraag, Your freind

3 years ago

Dear student,

Go for the following books:

Maths- ML Khanna, Arihant

Physics: DC pandey

Chemistry: P Bahadur, Soloman, NCERT

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir i’m in +2 right now and i want to start revising my +1 syllabus. so, sir plz tell me which books should i go through for the revision.

http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article all good books are mentioned , you wil find this article very good for your query.
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
I got iit bhubaneswar mechanical engineering but i also got nest air 309 and obc 34 and i am accepting to get niser bhubaneswar so which course should i take please help me

Dear student, In niser, you would get science courses, so would you like to go for that. It all depends upon you choice and your aptitude. Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
Hi, I’m aiming b/w 3500 to 4000 rank in jee advanced. Can someone tell me the required books and material needed for this rank. Also, is HC Verma enough for this rank?

yap . But H.C.Verma is nice book . See if you can get Haliday,Resnick,Walker. For Maths, books of Asit Das Gupta and R.D.Sharma are best .

Piku one month ago

Firstly ur basics need to be strong. You can practice from H C Verma. If your concepts and basics are clear then u can refer I.E.Irodov.

MAlav Shah one month ago

its better to carry even (pc.agarwal) book with you, for other subjects just give more preference to arihant series or cengage series

dheeraj one month ago
dates for availability of iit 2010 forms.

Dear Rohit, The IIT JEE 2010 Application Form will be Distributed 3rd week of November, 2009 and the last date for Submission IIT JEE 2010 Form will be Last Week of December, 2009. And for...

Amit Askiitiansexpert 4 years ago
sir in MNIT jaipur the closing rank under homestate quata is less then otherstate...while in other NIT’s homestate quata closing rank are much higher then otherstate colsing ranks....why is...

Hi, It is directly related to the popularity and status of college. Students from MP do not want to go to any other state and study as MNIT is a very good option. So they choose MNIT first...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago
View all Questions »