• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

Sn = 1/1+√n + 1/2+√2n +.......+1/n+√n2

find limit n→∞ Sn

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Student

the sum can be written as ∑r=1r=n  1/(r + √rn)

= ∑r=1r=n  1/n(r/n + √r/n)

now replace 1/n by dx and r/n by x

limit of integral will be r/n

lower limit n tend to ∞ and r=1 will be 0

upper limit for r=n will be 1

it will convert into integral ∫01 dx/(x+√x) = ∫01dx/√x(1+√x)

now (1+√x)=t

and dx/2√x = dt

lower limit for x=0 , t=1 andupper limit for x=1, t=2

integral become ∫12 2dt/t= 2(lnt)12= 2ln2=ln4 answer

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

sir,i got 62% in hsc maha can i eligible for jee 2017

@ bharat 60 percent ua re telling overall or after normalisation . if overall then u still have chances beacuse normalisation criteria for jee is diffrent , and for that not the top 5 will...

Umakant biswal 8 days ago
two forces 12 N and 16N are acting upon a body.what can be the maximum and minimum resultant force on the body?

The resultant of two forces acting on the same point is maximum when the forces are acting in the same direction and minimum when they operate in opposite direction. When the two forces are ...

SAHIL one month ago
prove that: sin 8 -cos 8 x÷1-2sin 2 xcos 2 x=-cos2x=sin 2 x-cos 2 x

Instead of waiting for 12 hours to get your doubts resolved and delaying your studies, try HashLearn Now app. Search for it on the Android Play Store. It is called CBSE/JEE/NEET-Get tutors...

Ankit one month ago
Hello sir i have both the options which to choose CSE at NIT warangal or ECE at NIT warangal. Actually abhi mujhe kisi mein interest nhi hai. Whatever i choose i put my interest towards it....

@ nikhil what u need to understand is that , both of the courses are good – ECE and cse and with that u are in a top notch engg college that is nit warangal . i could recommend cse for that ...

Umakant biswal 22 days ago

HI NIKHIL FIRST OF ALL FROM YOUR INTEREST I HAVE PREDICTED THAT YOU ARE MORE INTERESTED TOWARDS UPSC. USUALLY STUDENTS WHO WANTS TO JOIN CIVIL SERVICES IN FUTURE OPT FOR SUBJECTS LIKE...

SAHIL 23 days ago
Give me a good routine for hs exam my school time is 10 -5 and after school I take a tuition 5-9 daily so please give me a good routine my subjects is physics. Chemistry mathematics. Biology...

@ manish acc to my perspective , if routine will be given to you , then you will be burdened, thats what my thought regarding routine, see, suppose u have maximum 1 hr to do maths per day...

Umakant biswal one month ago

WAKE UP AT 5.30 AM STUDY MATHS FROM 5.30-7 AND PHYSICS FROM 7-9 THEN TAKE SOME REST AND PREPARE FOR SHOOL. READ NEWSAPER IN THIS TIME ATTEND SCHOOL AND TUTION FROM 10-9PM. TAKE SOME REST...

SAHIL one month ago
sir igor obc air 512 as per previous cutoffs i will get ecec in iit roorke and mechanical in iit kharagpur which is better to opt sir

ece is the best branch i advice you to take which your interest choose that one it is better for your life..........all the best......................

raj 2 months ago

Dear Student, both the branches are equally good, ECE has a wide scope to fly sabroad and get settled over there and Mechanical has a wider scope in industry as well as in Academics, so ,...

Aneesh Sehgal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off