There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

Sn = 1/1+√n + 1/2+√2n +.......+1/n+√n2

find limit n→∞ Sn

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Student

the sum can be written as ∑r=1r=n  1/(r + √rn)

= ∑r=1r=n  1/n(r/n + √r/n)

now replace 1/n by dx and r/n by x

limit of integral will be r/n

lower limit n tend to ∞ and r=1 will be 0

upper limit for r=n will be 1

it will convert into integral ∫01 dx/(x+√x) = ∫01dx/√x(1+√x)

now (1+√x)=t

and dx/2√x = dt

lower limit for x=0 , t=1 andupper limit for x=1, t=2

integral become ∫12 2dt/t= 2(lnt)12= 2ln2=ln4 answer

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

My all india rank is 344672. i'm a sc candidate. my sc rank is 19369. is there any chance for me to get admission in any nits or iiits?

Dear, no chance of getting any NITs at this rank.. Last year at the end of the last round counselling, the rank of getting NITs was 179000 in SC cat...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

Well, honestly speaking, your score is not very promising and I must tell you that with such score you won’t be able to make it at an NIT, but yes you may go for searching the detailed...

Soneel Verma 2 months ago
best books or all in book needed please help

In maths buy the arihant series book for physics use DC pandey (all editions ) + HC Verma + NCERT Exempler for Chemistry – NCERT (for inorganic), P.bhadur or balaji publication or RC...

Ayush Mishra 2 months ago

to get all the above mentioned books second hand from me contact me after 1month ..

Ayush Mishra 2 months ago
Hi This is regarding the JOSAA seat allocation I am not able to understand what to do and what not to I want to more to the next round for the allocation So should i just not do anything ?...

You will be having three options'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' . I suggest you to go understand the meaning of these terms from the official website of jee advanced. I...
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

I will suggest you to contact them. Because you can freeze, float and slide according to the couseling procedure. Please find the option, definetely you will get it.
  img

Ok. Very good.
  img
Which is more important in JEE exams – Board Syllabus or JEE exclusive coaching?

Definetely JEE exclusive coaching. Reason- The pattern/level of questions asked in both the exams are not same. Just by studying the board syllabus, its very difficult to atleast clear the...
  img
Vijay Mukati 26 days ago
I have 41 marks in maths and a overall %71.4 in 12 th board will this cause a problem in collages like NIT

Yes you can appear for Jee mains exam. Please refer to our website of detailed information regarding JEE. Thanks.
  img
which are most easiest and most scoring topics in iitjee

Hello Manu You will get all the tips and topics regarding IIT JEE exams on the following link on our website http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/how-to-prepare-for-iit-jee.html
  img
Pankaj 6 months ago

MATHS:CALUCLUS,PARABOLA AND ELLIPSE(CONICS),VECTOR AND 3D,COMPLEX NUMBERS PHYSICS:OPTICS,ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM CHEMISTRY:CO ORDINATION CHEMISTRY,ELECTROCHEMISTRY,QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS

VAISHNAVI BATHINA 4 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details