ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

number of values of 'a'(from 0 to 9) for which the no N = 2345631143a4 is divisible by 12 is:

0, 1, 2,more than 2

i know the ans is 2.. plz explain.thanks in advance

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Jayati,

Solution:- For the number to be divisible by 12, it has to be divisible by 4 and 3.

Divisibility criteria for 3: Sum of the digits of the number should be divisible by 3.

Sum of the digits of N = a + 36

Since, 36 is divisible by 3. So, for N to be divisible by 3, 'a' can have following values- 0, 3, 6, or 9.

Now, Divisibility criteria for 4: The last 2 digits of the number should be divisible by 4. In our case, 'a4' should be divisible by 4.

'a4' can be 04, 34, 64, or 94. From these 4 values, only 4 and 64 are divisible by 4. Therefore, 'a' can be either 0 or 6.

ANS = 2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Jayati!!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Priyansh Bajaj

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am getting 222 marks in JEE Advanced 2015 and OBC category, Kindly help me choose good branch in good college. Kindly also suggest preference order Regards

GOOD SCORE ANIKET AS THIS PAPER WAS very unexpected in all aspects as last year cut off for ur category was 32% , so definitely u will get into iit but i will reccomend u to wait for...

ng29 one month ago

Congrats for your good score..to my mind you can get into an IIT/NIT and any of the leading institutions of the country....if I had to suggest. then I may tell you to visit the official...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 24 days ago

Your expected score in JEE Advanced is decent, and if you want to know more pls call on the Careers 360 Helpline : 011-40360360.

Pallavi 24 days ago
tell me everything regarding preparatory course in iit’s .Where do we do our next year preparations?

Hi The preparatory courses in IITs are good programme and it is based on the year long study. At the end of two semester’s based on your performance you get admission in different...
  img
Sunil Kumar 15 days ago

Hi Yes you have full chnaces of getting all the above. You need to score very well in the preparatory courses and based on your performance your branches will be alloted to you. So the...
  img
Sunil Kumar 14 days ago

The preparatory courses in IITs are good programme and it is based on the year long study. At the end of two semester’s based on your performance you get admission in different branches. It ...

sajid 9 days ago
SIR I got 113 in jee mains and 93.4% in CBSE Boards. I am from Delhi and an OBC. Can I get CSE. in DU this year?

Not sure about CSE, but you may get NSIT or DTU and their lower branches... Hope for the best.
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Never give up...always look at the brighter side of life...if one chance is lost somehow, you may get ten other chances...why don’t you try at other esteemed institutions like – Sri Sairam...

Frank Defeo one month ago

the chances are very less but still don’t loose the hope best of luck

grenade one month ago
dagfsgdfsag

please post correct question...
  img
Amit Shekhar 9 months ago

What is your question?

Adarsh one month ago

plz ask ur question

noogler 8 days ago
i want to know my marks advanced exam 2015, my number B621209714.

You can check it by usingaskiitians rank predictor available on our site http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/rank-predictor.html
  img
Avinash 13 days ago

Pls provide me your date of birth details also...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 13 days ago

Go to jee advance website , there under announcement an option is “MARKS FOR ANSWER RELEASED”, open it and calculate your marks by adding up the marks given in all questions.

Himalaya Pramanick 13 days ago
if someone doesnt clear cutoff of jee main...will dat person get nits ot iiits?

no. its not possible that if someone does not clear the cut off of jee main and may ger admission in nits, iiits admission is done on the basis of rank that includes score in jee main and...

ng29 2 months ago

in my opinion its difficult but if percentage in board will be more than 90 than probability of getting iiit is increased a little bit but no one can judge as counselling is just like...

ng29 2 months ago

last year cut off was 53 for ur category and today 10am ur final score along with cut off will be displayed on jee main website so hope 4 the best in my opinion u will be able to qualify...

ng29 2 months ago
View all Questions »