ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

number of values of 'a'(from 0 to 9) for which the no N = 2345631143a4 is divisible by 12 is:

0, 1, 2,more than 2

i know the ans is 2.. plz explain.thanks in advance

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Jayati,

Solution:- For the number to be divisible by 12, it has to be divisible by 4 and 3.

Divisibility criteria for 3: Sum of the digits of the number should be divisible by 3.

Sum of the digits of N = a + 36

Since, 36 is divisible by 3. So, for N to be divisible by 3, 'a' can have following values- 0, 3, 6, or 9.

Now, Divisibility criteria for 4: The last 2 digits of the number should be divisible by 4. In our case, 'a4' should be divisible by 4.

'a4' can be 04, 34, 64, or 94. From these 4 values, only 4 and 64 are divisible by 4. Therefore, 'a' can be either 0 or 6.

ANS = 2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Jayati!!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Priyansh Bajaj

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi, I am preparing for JEE 2016.But I don't get time for studies as going to college and coaching takes much of my time.Please suggest me how to study ,how to manage time and how to avoid...

Hii Seven Steps for effective Time Management Organize:- Have an organized work place Maintain a proper planner for study Plan out your daily activity based on their importance level...
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago

Hii Thanks for your equivocating response. It’s appreciated . Keep on posting for more queries and we will revert back to you promptly in this manner. Thanks n Best of Luck. . . . . .....
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago

Thankyou Sir for your invaluable advice.....

Sachin Kamath 8 months ago
which would be a better book for advanced questions : MLkhannah objective SK goyal RD objective or suggest a better book

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago
how to prepare the organic chemistry?

1. Don’t believe the hype Don’t let yourself get psyched out by the people around you whining about how difficult organic chemistry is. I let myself get taken in by the horror...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Dear Student, Organic chemistry is very scoring and very easy to prepare. You just have be focused on fundamentals. All name reactions. All concepts must be clear. Tips to Prepare: 1) All...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
what are the possible isomers of 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane?

Cyclic Structures 1-bromo,4-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,2-methylcyclohexane 1-bromo,3-methylcyclohexane The chemical formula is C 7 H 13 Br. It has 14 monovalent atoms(13 H, 1 Br),...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago
WHY AT THE TIME OF DEPOLARISATION K+ EFFLUX OCCURS. I know that at he time of depolarisation there should be influx of cations so that depolarisation that charge can go from -70mV TO +10mV...

Hello, During depolarization sodium channels open that lead to influx of sodium ions that depolarizes fibre from -70mV to +10mV. However, as the impulse passes pottasium ion move outwards to...
  img
Shilpi Mittal 8 months ago
The force(f),velocity(v) and time(t) are takenas fundamental units then the dimensions of mass are?

[M] = [MLT -2 ] a [LT -1 ] b [T] c [M] = [M a L a+b T -2a-b+c ] a=1 a+b=0 b=-a=-1 -2a-b+c=0 -2-(-1)+c=0 -2+1+c=0 c=1 therefore, mass= f*t/v

Hasan Naqvi one month ago
View all Questions »