Use Coupon: CART10 and get 10% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

number of values of 'a'(from 0 to 9) for which the no N = 2345631143a4 is divisible by 12 is:

0, 1, 2,more than 2

i know the ans is 2.. plz explain.thanks in advance

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Jayati,

Solution:- For the number to be divisible by 12, it has to be divisible by 4 and 3.

Divisibility criteria for 3: Sum of the digits of the number should be divisible by 3.

Sum of the digits of N = a + 36

Since, 36 is divisible by 3. So, for N to be divisible by 3, 'a' can have following values- 0, 3, 6, or 9.

Now, Divisibility criteria for 4: The last 2 digits of the number should be divisible by 4. In our case, 'a4' should be divisible by 4.

'a4' can be 04, 34, 64, or 94. From these 4 values, only 4 and 64 are divisible by 4. Therefore, 'a' can be either 0 or 6.

ANS = 2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Jayati!!!

Askiitians Experts
Priyansh Bajaj

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

got 15321 rank in jee advance 2015 passed AAT please suggest a branch that i can get in any iit also concider b arch as an option and the odds to get that branch jee main rank 35000 , would ...
Yes there are pretty good chances for you to get a seat, still you must visit the official weblink of Jeemains to check the current status there and let me tell you that there are some...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
Dude go for zonel IIT’s only and I think that you may get one of them but if no zonel than take the NIT’s
Akshit Matthew 2 months ago
i m getting aerospace in iit bombay in mock seat allotment today .it would be better .i m so confused bcoz i m getting mnc at iit kanpur ,iitg ...iitg,bhu mechnical , nhu electronics.. ism...
What interests you the most?.....I guess no one can answer this question better than you, right?....and secondly you have mentioned all the reputed institutions in your query, about BHU...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
i would suggest to opt for that branch which you like. you'll surely be successful. best of luck and all colleges are good.
vindhya 3 months ago
thnx :)
Fulan Nagar 3 months ago
sir i got 486178 air in main n 31793 sc rank.. plzz tell me best college for me..
Choose any best college near by you.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
There is a wide range of insrtitutions where you may get admission, and almost every college/university today claims to provide quality education using ultra-modern methods of technology...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
i got mechanical bits hyderabad and electrical and electronics nit calicut which is my best option? please respond fast
Both are good options, either choose your interest or NIT.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
Hello Sir, I am going to USA within 6-8 months on immigration visa. I am currently in standard 12 and enrolled in AskIITians for JEE mains and Advanced. I know about a exam held in USA for...
Dear student, At askiitans we not only provided you coaching for IIT JEE but also all other competitive exams also. If you are preparing for SAT only than you can inform your faculties they...
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
Thank u Nishant Sir
Rohan Gajjar 2 months ago
Can a Bangladeshi apply?
Yes you can apply. But you dont need to give entrance exam. This is the eligibility for foreign student FOREIGN NATIONALS (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only): Foreign candidate nominated...
Anjali Ahuja 7 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details