Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

number of values of 'a'(from 0 to 9) for which the no N = 2345631143a4 is divisible by 12 is:

0, 1, 2,more than 2

i know the ans is 2.. plz explain.thanks in advance

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Jayati,

Solution:- For the number to be divisible by 12, it has to be divisible by 4 and 3.

Divisibility criteria for 3: Sum of the digits of the number should be divisible by 3.

Sum of the digits of N = a + 36

Since, 36 is divisible by 3. So, for N to be divisible by 3, 'a' can have following values- 0, 3, 6, or 9.

Now, Divisibility criteria for 4: The last 2 digits of the number should be divisible by 4. In our case, 'a4' should be divisible by 4.

'a4' can be 04, 34, 64, or 94. From these 4 values, only 4 and 64 are divisible by 4. Therefore, 'a' can be either 0 or 6.

ANS = 2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Jayati!!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Priyansh Bajaj

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

is that really tough to crack jee main exam

No, nothing is impossible, as ‘Impossible’ itself says that ‘I M Possible’,.........you just need to be determined, and with a single mind having a clear idea for your aim you have to move...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 9 months ago

Hav ur goal fixed and u should atleast read for 8 hrs after school per day efficiently so that u can crack jee paper easily

sneha 7 months ago

No, if you are studying for sufficient hours with good plan and have good foundation.

Mehul Trivedi 9 months ago
sir my 12th bihar board % is 64.2 i wanted to know how much score is required for me in jee mains 2016 to get NIT

Target for AIR atleast 25000-30000. The better the rank you obtained more the choices you will have for better college/rank. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

Try to score above 190 normalized marks
  img

My Pleasure.
  img
i got 83% cbse want doing drop should go for improvement

Not required. But If you have scored very well in jee advanced or have the complete confidance then you can go for it. Thanks.
  img

I am not in favour of dropping a year, one must do so only when one is dead sure to imrove the next time....follow these guidelines if you have made up your mind to drop and prepare –Stay...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 9 months ago

There is a wide range of insrtitutions where you may get admission, and almost every college/university today claims to provide quality education using ultra-modern methods of technology for...

Mohit Kumar 2 months ago
is hc vermo..enough for iitjee

Hii Yes the HC verma is enogh if done properly. Best of Luck
  img
Sourabh Singh one year ago

Yes HC Verma is enough for IIT JEE physics but some topics like Fluid Mechanics,Laws of Motion are too easy as compared to previous year questions. So you need to look for more questions...

RON one year ago

It is good for theory and for making your concept strong but you also need to solve the previous year question.

Shivang Chaubey 11 months ago
Sample paper ggsipu vet MBBS send please please please please please

sorry but no sample paper is available for this exam but i think you should practice papers of aipmt as they also have same syllbus like this exam. for papers go to link...

SAHIL 12 days ago
my son got in jee main air rank 325194 and sc rank 17200 is thier any chance in nit s ?

ya ther are some chances in non core branches, what is ur homestate(for board exam)

Prajwal Kavad 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off