as i am OC student i want to know the reservation percentage for iit exam and i want to clarift is ther any regional reservations in iit.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Bhargav

Therer is no reservation for open category and no reservation based on region.

All the best.

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

4 years ago

dear bhargav , 

there is no reservation for oc in any of the competative exams. and there are no regional reservations.

reservations are-

15% and 7.5% seats in each course are reserved for candidates belonging to SC and ST categories, respectively.

3% seats are reserved for Physical disabilities candidates (including leprosy-cured) as specified by the Government of India.For any category of disability (viz., locomotor, visual, speech and hearing), benefit would be given to those candidates who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment in relation to a body part / system / extremity / extremities / whole body etc.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am a foreign citizenship holder.(Tanzanian). Is there a foreigner’s quota for admissions in IIT ? Which IITs give such quota and in which fields ? How much rank is good enough to get...

Yes of course, there is NRI reservation scheme in IIT-JEE. Please check the prospectus once, You will get whole info.. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 26 days ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta 3 days ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta 3 days ago
currently i am studying in class 12 how can i manage to get good rank in jee advance?

You should prepare for class 11 simultaneously in addition to preparation of class 12.Focus more on class 12 because 40% is the weightage for appearing IITJEE advance.Select only few good...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
its the end of october and now i have only 3 -4 months left for 12 boards and jee main ….I m really scared ...please tell me how to prepare myself in the remaining time.I have to get 95% +...

Hi, If you have taken coaching from class 11 itself. Then, focus on the revision of notes and solve test papers to see where you stand. But, don’t ignore your board exams as well....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 25 days ago

Hi, Please don’t be nervous. Do your best, make study plan. Now, focus on your boards. Try the entrance exams next year....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 26 days ago

sir i m taking a coaching for iit jee main + advanced from class 11 itself but now i feel scared ...

sarthak 26 days ago
I am a 12 th CBSE Computer Science student. Is it advisable to attend the BIOLOGY SECTION in KVPY exam??

Its oK For more updates and queries you can ask as many questions as you like. Thanks n Best of Luck Again. . . . .. . . . .. . . ...
  img
Sourabh Singh 20 days ago

Yes If you think you are capable enogh to sail hrough it. Best of Luck. . . . . . .. …. . . .. .. . .. . . . . . .
  img
Sourabh Singh 22 days ago

Thank You Sir..

D Vishal 21 days ago
Sir my BITSAT score is 355 , in the first round iteration of BITS pilani I got EEE in Goa ...Do I have a chance in BITS PIlani – Pilani campus in either Mech or EEE ??

First of all, congratulations for your success.You have a pretty good chance of getting both Mech (337 cutoff-2013 & 332 cutoff-2012) and EEE(343 cutoff-2013 & 343 cutoff-2012) in...
  img
Aziz Alam 4 months ago
sir can iget nit or cfti with AIR catagory rank3653(sc).

Yeah, with your rank there is a definite poosibilty that you will get into NITs and CFTIs. The closing rank for NITs is more than 10000 in your category. So,if you want to go for good NIT...
  img
Ramreddy 4 months ago
View all Questions »