Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

hey, i was filling the online form for iit, mi dad works in BOKARO STEEL PLANT , which is under SAIL( a PSU), so my doubt is in filling the parents' occuupation , whether i should choose the "ENGINEERING" option or "public / GOVT. service" ? is PSU a public service? i don't want vague answers reply only if you are very sure about it.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Anurag,

You have to mention it as Public service employee because you dad is being paid by the government.PSU means Public sector unit.Engineering option is for the private Engineer employees who work for private firms.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I AM NOT ABLE TO PREPARE FOR IIT ADVANCE PLEASE HELP ME. IM IN CLASS 12

@ xyz In jee advanced the questions are from the combining of 2-3 concepts , so, your concepts need to be strong enough to crack jee advanced . for that the following point will help you...

Umakant biswal 17 days ago

One of the most important preparation tips is to get your doubts cleared instantly. And the one platform I have found very useful for this is the HashLearn Now app. Sadly, AskIITians does...

Ankit 16 days ago

FOLLOW THESE TIPS http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/preparation-tips/ ALL THIS WILL HELP YOU FOR BETTER PREPERATIONS BEST OF LUCK

SAHIL 17 days ago
Sir, is it fine if we read according to the weight-age give on the internet??? As we are not having much time to read all the topics properly!

You can refer to self study packages made by askIITians in which you should see study planner which will definitely help you preparing startegically....
  img
Harsh Patodia 3 months ago

It depends on your preparation. For complete benefit complete thing is recommended.
  img
Harsh Patodia 3 months ago

hello, you must read for 10 hours because you are preparing for jee.that is not easy task.so prepare well.....................all the best..........................

raj 3 months ago
How to become an aerospace engineer by clearing iit??pls suggest

HI AKASH TO BECOME AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER YOU HAVE TO GIVE JEE EXAM . THIS EXAM HAS TWO PAPERS : JEE MAINS AND ADVANCE. YOU HAVE TO CLEAR BOTH THE EXAMS WTH A VERY GOOD RANK. IF YOU PASS...

2016 years ago

@ aakash you need to clear jee main or advanced , to be an aerospace engineer , but donot think of that right now , as aerospace engineer is a demandable branch in top iits , you need to...

yesterday
i got 64000crl rank and 18000 obc rank can i get a ceat in nitwarangal in any branch my home state is telanagana

Its difficult to get in NITW
  img
Avinash one year ago

NIT Warangal seems to be a hard nut to crack with such score, but may be possible that you get at lower NITs or try visiting the official weblinks of some renowned institutions where the...

Soneel Verma one year ago
Hello Sir I have got 620843 CRL rank in jee main and my st category rank is 14591 can I get any GFTI. I am confused regarding cut offs in the attached image. It is written st rank above in...

Dear student, no chance of getting BITS R, with this AIR 620843 in ST cat..
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago

The score that you have mentioned, does not seem to be much encouraging, and for better picture you should visit the official weblink of Jeemains and get to know what is the current status...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

the rank in opening and closing mentioned is CRL (AIR) not sc rank

Prajwal Kavad one year ago
what are the minimum & main qualities that an engineering student must have??????????/

Hello Deeraj He should attend classes without fail, he must be honest , their decisicion must be impressive, they think like genious etc..,

Gaddam Chethan 6 months ago

He should attend classes without fail, he must be honest , their decisicion must be impressive, they think like geniousthe engineering student must have follow the qualities first know that ...

raj 6 months ago

the ingineering student must have the good attitude towards their friends and they are regular to classes and having interest in the subject and must have good personal and communication...

N JYOTHEESWAR 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off