ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

hey, i was filling the online form for iit, mi dad works in BOKARO STEEL PLANT , which is under SAIL( a PSU), so my doubt is in filling the parents' occuupation , whether i should choose the "ENGINEERING" option or "public / GOVT. service" ? is PSU a public service? i don't want vague answers reply only if you are very sure about it.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Anurag,

You have to mention it as Public service employee because you dad is being paid by the government.PSU means Public sector unit.Engineering option is for the private Engineer employees who work for private firms.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What are future aspects with civil engineering?

Civil engineers are the cornerstone for infrastructure and planning for public works and projects, and provide the groundwork for other disciplines of engineering including chemical,...
  img
Avinash 6 days ago

Hi Civil ENgineering has a very good future in India and anywhere else in the world. The modern technology advancement in technology and unique nature of buildings makes CIVIL of global...
  img
Sunil Kumar 6 days ago

Civil engg has a very bright and promising future, as the construction of new buildings, bridges, flyovers etc will never cease to be erected, thus it shows whether one goes in industry or...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 6 days ago
what arer the minimum marks for getting good iits(not cutoff)

you should checkout the closing and opening ranks to get in major iits in different streams. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/opening-closing-rank.html and also marks vs rank data ...

AUREA 25 days ago

It starts minimum from 200 on wards, you canalso try visiting the websites of- RV college of Engg , Bangalore Lovely Professiona University,Phagwara Inderprastha Uni,N. Delhi VIT, Vellore

Ayushmaan Vardhan 25 days ago

you should get above 220 to get in top iits prepare hard for it all the best

sajid 8 days ago
is 10 matks required for iit jee exams or jee mains?

Year of passing of class 12 th makes the difference not 10 th . You have two chances, the year you appear for 12 th and year later....
  img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago

img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago

sir i have appered for my 10 in 2013 but fue to some reasons i discontinued this year and now im gona write my iit exam in 2016 will it make any difference

vignesh 8 months ago
hey i wanted to knw dat what is the Cadre System in civil services ?

The Civil Services has been divided into various grades to facilitate functioning. The grade determines the area of work. Junior scale officers work in the states that they are allotted to. ...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago

cadre system now requires to be strengthened to address some of the changes and emerging issues brought on by the rapid development of the country. PCS is found to be an appropriate...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
top it college in india

National Institute of Technology, NITK, Surathkal
  img
Avinash 19 days ago

top 10 IT colleges in india 1 National Institute of Technology, NITK, Surathkal 2 Indian Institute of Information Technology 3 PSG College of Technology 4 Faculty Council of Engineering &...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 11 days ago
Sir, I am expecting a score of 250 in JEE Advanced 2015.I want to study mechanical engineering.In which IIT I may get.

ur expected rank will be around 1000-1500 so u have a chance in kharagpur, rurkee, guawathi’ u can expect a seat in kanpur ALLTHE BEST PLEASE APPROVE if useful

Nicho priyatham 18 days ago
View all Questions »