Use Coupon: CART40 and get 40% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

let agiven line L1 intersect the x and y axis at P &Q respectively.Let another line L2 perpendicular L1 cut the x and y axis at R & S respectively.Show that the locus of the point of intersection of the lines PS & QR is a circle passing through the origin.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

let given line is L1: y=mx+c

(P,Q)=(-c/m,0) , (0,c)

now L2 is perpendicular to line L1

slope of L2*slope of L1=-1            (m1m2=-1)

eq of L2: y=-x/m + k                 (k is any variable)

eq of PS is y=mkx/c + k and.................1

eq of QR is  y=-x/km + c ...................2

let the point if intersection be (X,Y)

after solving 1 and 2

X= (c-k)/(mk/c + 1/mk )...............3

Y= (km+1/m) /(mk/c + 1/mk)...........4

eliminate k by solving eq 3 and 4 you will get the equation in terms of X,Y and c .......this will give the required locus which is circle passing through origin...

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

HI, I would like to buy your study material for IIT-JEE (mains & advance). But I am trying to call you on your toll free number (18002000838) , but it is saying invalid number. I am in...
Please provide your contact details, our concerned team will contact you. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago
check the link for the related info for NRI section and the related study material and contact info
Avinash 4 months ago
I have already forwarded your number to our concerned team. Or you can visit the above link provided by Mr. Avinash to get all the information. Thanks.
Which book should i take to begin physics for iitjee ?i am in class 10.
Dear Student, Write now you can mainly focus on your ncert books only. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 5 months ago
My guidelines for you are –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
U can start hc Verma for physics if u hav some one around to clarify ur doubts or else u may confuse ur self …....wish u good luck ...if u see an ans also do reply like ..thanks or tell...
Riddhi Gupta 2 months ago
hello, iam kavya studying in 11 th now.i want take engineering entrance for my further studies. so i wanted to know that jee main and jee advance are two separate exams what..or else i...
I really appreciate that you are quite a consious student and aware to get a clear future prospects in your upcoming years, ok my suggestion for you is –Stay focused on your studies and...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
Both have some differences in the syllabus like mains have some topics which are not covered in advanced and advanced also have some topics which aren't included in mains …...topics of...
Riddhi Gupta 2 months ago
jee main is exam for admission in nits and iiits and is easy exam but jee advance is diificult exam and for admission in iits , to give jee advance u have to qualify jee main first , its ur ...
ng29 4 months ago
Hi , I am a bit confused to choose best coaching for IIT-JEE/Advance among Resonance,FIIJEE and Narayan. Could you please help me to choose one among them ? I am based in Mayur Vihar Delhi.
All the three are extremely good. i’d suggest u to take resonance classes and get fiitjee’s study material. but if u r are a hardworking student no matter where u study you’ll be able to...
Archita 3 months ago
sir,in 2 nd round for iiest mining, the obc rank went up to rank is 71963,can i get iiest in ¾ th round?
Difficult to say. You may get.
Nothing for sure can be predicted at this popint of time, but you must wait and function watch() { [native code] }, and keep an ey on the counselling rounds, may be you get a chance to get...
Soneel Verma 4 months ago
I have been sellected for coaching centers of FIITJEE, VMC and Bansal. Which would be the best for South Delhi
I will go for Bansal classes , even FIITJEE is better. choice is yours, dont relyon my answer...plzz do consult some other people -- regards Ramesh
Ramesh V 5 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details