DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

let agiven line L1 intersect the x and y axis at P &Q respectively.Let another line L2 perpendicular L1 cut the x and y axis at R & S respectively.Show that the locus of the point of intersection of the lines PS & QR is a circle passing through the origin.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

let given line is L1: y=mx+c

(P,Q)=(-c/m,0) , (0,c)

now L2 is perpendicular to line L1

slope of L2*slope of L1=-1            (m1m2=-1)

eq of L2: y=-x/m + k                 (k is any variable)

(Q,R)=(km,0),(0,k)

eq of PS is y=mkx/c + k and.................1

eq of QR is  y=-x/km + c ...................2

let the point if intersection be (X,Y)

after solving 1 and 2

X= (c-k)/(mk/c + 1/mk )...............3

Y= (km+1/m) /(mk/c + 1/mk)...........4

eliminate k by solving eq 3 and 4 you will get the equation in terms of X,Y and c .......this will give the required locus which is circle passing through origin...

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Thanks or your reply. What about branch?

Please reply on the same thread.
  img
Vijay Mukti one month ago

Your query is very vague, can you please continue conversation on the previous link.......anyway.....to find out the branch allotted one must check in the official website of JEE to make...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 29 days ago
Sir,I have got 9928 rank in jee advanced and 39232 rank in jee mains.Please guide me which branch and where should I take? Do the older iits conduct spot round for admission? ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​...

No, IITs do not conduct spot rounds. For IITs and NITs previous year opening and closing rank, please visit the official website of the respective exams. You will definetly get the idea...
  img
Vijay Mukti one month ago

It may not be possible at IITs but yes you may surely get at some other reputed NITs....for an exact information you may try visiting at the official website of JEE main and get to know...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 29 days ago
i want to study biotechnology in IIT campus...should i write JEE-mains as well as JEE-advanced also..??

You need to prepare very soundly for Jeemains, and the content for the test is based on +2 subjects i.e. PCM nad do follow these tips –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 13 days ago

You need to write Jeemains first and if you did well then you may have to appear in Jeeadvanced and then pursue admission in a renowned institution, I may advise you to – Try to make out...

Soneel Verma 11 days ago

You need to write Jeemains first and if you did well then you may have to appear in Jeeadvanced and then pursue admission in a renowned institution, I may advise you to – Try to make out...

Soneel Verma 11 days ago
Sir, I have secured a 1888 rank in jee advanced 2015, please suggest a suitable branch in a suitable iit for me in terms of placement.

Hi If you are getting core branches in the top five IIT’s : IIT Kharagpur IIT Kanpur IIT Delhi IIT Bombay IIT Madras Then you should go for that. You can go for the branch in the order...
  img
Sunil Kumar one month ago

Hi Civil at Bombay is a beter option. IIT Bombay is more repuated than Roorkee. You will get better oppurtunity at IIT B. And CIVIL is a core engineering branch. So I suggest you to go for...
  img
Sunil Kumar one month ago

Sir, I am getting civil and chemical engineering in all IIT’s including Delhi and Bombay, whereas I am getting electrical and mechanical engineering only in IIT Roorkee. Can You tell which...

Jatin Bansal one month ago
Sir I got 3148 in SC and 96548 IN open Category . But I got NIT rourkela metallurgy in mock counselling.I dont know whether they prefer open or SC category ranks in counselling? Is there...

Yes upgradation is possible. Even if you are not satisfied. You can go upto more rounds. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukti 27 days ago

I suggest that you should keep an eye on the outcome of the counselling rounds so that you may get to know about your stature there, may be your category helps you to get a seat but work...

Soneel Verma 26 days ago
View all Questions »