There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

let agiven line L1 intersect the x and y axis at P &Q respectively.Let another line L2 perpendicular L1 cut the x and y axis at R & S respectively.Show that the locus of the point of intersection of the lines PS & QR is a circle passing through the origin.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

let given line is L1: y=mx+c

(P,Q)=(-c/m,0) , (0,c)

now L2 is perpendicular to line L1

slope of L2*slope of L1=-1            (m1m2=-1)

eq of L2: y=-x/m + k                 (k is any variable)

eq of PS is y=mkx/c + k and.................1

eq of QR is  y=-x/km + c ...................2

let the point if intersection be (X,Y)

after solving 1 and 2

X= (c-k)/(mk/c + 1/mk )...............3

Y= (km+1/m) /(mk/c + 1/mk)...........4

eliminate k by solving eq 3 and 4 you will get the equation in terms of X,Y and c .......this will give the required locus which is circle passing through origin...

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

sir/mam i want to ask is zero even or odd or both or none which one should i consider
hi gaurabg zer is considered as a even number. a number is considered as even if it is divisible by 2 exactly. only due to this reason we consider zero as even thanks post if still some...
SAHIL one month ago
Hello Gaurang , According to me zero should be considered as even ,because of its divisibility by 2 , as we know a number is said to be even if its divisible by 2.
jus one month ago
Hi Gaurang According to me an integer is odd if dividing it by 2 does not yeilds an integer but on dividing 0 by 2 we get an integer “0” so 0 is even
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
I will be appearing for iit jee in 2018. Which lessons should I study this year in 11 th and which books should I prefer?
@ RADHIKA all the chapters which are there in ncert are vital for jee prep. so, make a coverage of all the chapter that are in the ncert syllabus , and if u will be in cbse syllabus , then...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
please visit the below mentioned link to check syllabus thanks and approve my answer post for further queries thanks again
SAHIL 2 months ago
Hello, I am doing great in FIITJEE but I am struggling to maintain my pace with School course as it is little different from FIITJEE course. How can I balance both of them?PS- Gujarat...
@ rajiv both of them are quite difficult to manage , still u have to manage , as jee removes the criteria of 40-60 criteria , still u need min . 75 percent . the thing is that u need to...
2017 years ago
I am a Pwd General category student. I have scored 88 in JEE Mains and overall 88.2% and 93.7% in PCM through CBSE board 2016...Will i be able to get Computer Science in IITB? If not how do...
If 88 is the score in JEE MAINs, then no chance, because IIT consider only JEE Advanced score. Iff in case, this is you jee advanced score, then you would be in the cutoff ranking but no...
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago
Dear Student, I must tell you in simple words that your JEE mains score is not that good may be on the basis of your board of if you appear in Jee adnavced and do wonderfully well there,...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
Plz explain Assembler , Compiler, interperter, nonprocedural language, structured software and object oriented software??
Assembler- A computer program that takes computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer can understand and perform by it certain operations. Compiler- This ...
Navjyot Kalra 7 years ago
READ THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE ADMISSION IN VIT Hello! If you’re reading this you have most probably decided to take admission in VIT or you are considering it. Well this is meant to help you...
Vit s making a private world. In there having lot of positive equals to lot negative. So u have to choose which is best of ur life.If u want to gain knowledge, skills means vit s one f the...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts