Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

let agiven line L1 intersect the x and y axis at P &Q respectively.Let another line L2 perpendicular L1 cut the x and y axis at R & S respectively.Show that the locus of the point of intersection of the lines PS & QR is a circle passing through the origin.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

let given line is L1: y=mx+c

(P,Q)=(-c/m,0) , (0,c)

now L2 is perpendicular to line L1

slope of L2*slope of L1=-1            (m1m2=-1)

eq of L2: y=-x/m + k                 (k is any variable)

(Q,R)=(km,0),(0,k)

eq of PS is y=mkx/c + k and.................1

eq of QR is  y=-x/km + c ...................2

let the point if intersection be (X,Y)

after solving 1 and 2

X= (c-k)/(mk/c + 1/mk )...............3

Y= (km+1/m) /(mk/c + 1/mk)...........4

eliminate k by solving eq 3 and 4 you will get the equation in terms of X,Y and c .......this will give the required locus which is circle passing through origin...

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Sir, is it fine if we read according to the weight-age give on the internet??? As we are not having much time to read all the topics properly!

You can refer to self study packages made by askIITians in which you should see study planner which will definitely help you preparing startegically....
  img
Harsh Patodia 3 months ago

It depends on your preparation. For complete benefit complete thing is recommended.
  img
Harsh Patodia 3 months ago

hello, you must read for 10 hours because you are preparing for jee.that is not easy task.so prepare well.....................all the best..........................

raj 3 months ago
Sir, I am in 10 th class (CBSE). I want to prepare for IIT from class 11. Also supposed to go for 6 tutions in class 11. So, you see I have constraints of time. Can you please suggest me...

Dear Student, Instead of going for the 6 tutions for your scholl syllabus, it will be better if you join an IIT-JEE institute which will help you to develop good understanding of PCM...
  img
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago

Dear Student, My suggestion would be to discontinue you board tutions for PCM subjects (if any). Because all the topics will be surely covered in the JEE tution at the very good level....
  img
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago

Thank you, Sir. Well, out of those 6 tutions 3 are for JEE preparations. Rest for board exams. i.e. 2 for Phy. (1 Board, 1 Joint) 2 for Chem. (1 Board, 1 Joint) 2 for Maths. (1 Board, 1...

Ranjalina Mitra 5 months ago
What all i​got to do in order to make it to iitb cse

@ sanjay I think you are asking about study strategy , if so, then below are the things that u have to do . frst of all u need to understand that u have to clear both JEE main and advanced...

Umakant biswal 27 days ago
my rank is 219586 in jee mains which is best college for me

First of all you won’t get any best college. You only will college via which you can take your degree after 4 yrs. That too not guaranteed. So, its better to again give exam to get the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 19 days ago

Dear Student, there are very thin chances that you may get a seat in top rated institutions like NITs or IITs etc but for sure at some chosen and highly repuited institutons which are best...

Aneesh Sehgal 18 days ago
.molar conductivity at infinite dilution of Al (OH) 3 the answer posted here is not clear to me pls post the answer with full solution

Dear student Since I cannot see the previous replied answered hence can you please send the link of the answer.
  img
Bhavya 3 months ago

Kindly post the replied ans once again ...we r unable to get to yr point...plz send yr link once again

Rojy 3 months ago
is aipmt cut off 50%?

I think it will be more thank 50% because the paper was easy this time.

Neeti 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off