ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

let agiven line L1 intersect the x and y axis at P &Q respectively.Let another line L2 perpendicular L1 cut the x and y axis at R & S respectively.Show that the locus of the point of intersection of the lines PS & QR is a circle passing through the origin.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

let given line is L1: y=mx+c

(P,Q)=(-c/m,0) , (0,c)

now L2 is perpendicular to line L1

slope of L2*slope of L1=-1            (m1m2=-1)

eq of L2: y=-x/m + k                 (k is any variable)

(Q,R)=(km,0),(0,k)

eq of PS is y=mkx/c + k and.................1

eq of QR is  y=-x/km + c ...................2

let the point if intersection be (X,Y)

after solving 1 and 2

X= (c-k)/(mk/c + 1/mk )...............3

Y= (km+1/m) /(mk/c + 1/mk)...........4

eliminate k by solving eq 3 and 4 you will get the equation in terms of X,Y and c .......this will give the required locus which is circle passing through origin...

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
iam in a strong will to clear IIT JEE 2015....can you please suggest me some preparation tips.....

Preparing forIIT-JEE is surely a difficult thing but it all depends on how you manage your time. The key for this planning is to first set some long-term goals and then set up short-term...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago

Hi, The best thing is to make a study schedule and follow it strictly. Keep a balance between theory and numericals and follow good books instead of completing many books. thanks...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 5 months ago
0my age is 19 and i m giving 12 th in state board exam next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

EE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria 1. Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects They must have studied any one of the...
  img
Sher Mohammad 8 months ago

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born on or after 1stOctober 1989. So for JEE 2015 you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e.,Born on or...
  img
Aziz Alam 8 months ago
While answering the question on askiitians, can I upload photo of the answer? as does the questioning person.

yes sir U can upload!

vikas yadav yesterday

how? i am not able to.

UPINDERJEET SINGH 18 hours ago
mera jee me state catagory rank 2315 hai kya me nit raipur me addmission le sakta hun

Yes, as per rank you will definitely get admission in NIT raipur. If you see the closing ranks for NIT raipur for different courses after different rounds they are as follows. National...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago
In which year did mahatma gandhi launch The Dandi March?

The political and social milieu of India was in turmoil following the formation of the Simon Commission for drawing up a constitution for India and the subsequent rejection of the Nehru...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago

Salt Satyagraha was a campaign of non-violent protest against the British salt tax in colonial India which began with the Salt March to Dandi on March 12, 1930. It was the first act of...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago

Circumstances Leading to the Dandi March also tell the circumstances leading to dandi march ?

sneha jha 6 years ago
MY RANK IS 19450, WHICH NIT SHALL I APPLY FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING. I AM FROM MAHARASHTRA.

You can get civil at good NITs, you should apply first for old NITs as they are better than the NEW NIts, then you give prefrence to new nits, in old nits first give preference to branch .
  img
Sher Mohammad 8 months ago
View all Questions »