I AM A STUDENT OF CLASS XII AND I AM HAVING COACHING FROM KOTA I SCORE 90/480 IN ABOVE IIT LEVEL COACHING TESTS,,,PLZ ANSWER MY THESE QUESTIONS: 

1-SHOULD I REPEAT IF I AM NOT SELECTED IN JEE
2-WHAT SHOULD I READ NOWADAYS:CBSE OR IIT?
3-ACC. TO YOU WILL I BE SELECTED IN JEE THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT?
4-SHOULD I LEAVE RUNNING FOR IIT AND CONCENTRATE ON CBSE??
PLEASE SIR REPLY TO ALL OF MY 4 QUESTIONS ..

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Abhinandan,

It is always a good idea to start preparing for IIT-JEE at the beginning of 11th standard. However there is a way out if you are among those who started late * Try to capture at least 80 % of the total syllabus. However, if you have started your preparation late then it is always a good idea to cover minimum 60% of the total course and be thorough with it instead of trying of to study the entire curriculum * Incorporate difficult topics if you already have a sound understanding of them. If not, start with the easier topics and master them. Once you are done with the relatively easier and interesting topics, tackle the difficult ones * Make sure that you use the right reference and study material as it can make a tremendous difference to your scores. It is recommended to study from the books which contain numerous solved questions. Focus on the method of solving the problems instead of simply mugging up the answers * Spend the initial few months in revising the basic concepts learnt in standard 9th and 10th * Ensure that you study concepts like algebra, mechanics and stoichiometry extensively as not only are they high scoring but they also form the basis of several other topics * At the time of examination avoid the urge to start solving the questions as soon as you receive the paper. Instead, quickly scan the paper and mark the questions you can easily answer. Begin with them * After you are done with the questions you knew by heart, handle others.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Will IITs and/or ISM carry out spot counselling in 2014.

Spot counselling is for NITs, IIITs 7 other institutes.IITs & ISM don not participate in Spot Counselling. Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians
  img
Aziz Alam 5 days ago
from where can i dwnld iit mathematics by a das gupta or rd objective?

hello dear student, http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article all good books are mentioned , it is best for your query.
  img
Sher Mohammad 11 days ago
Sir i’m in +2 right now and i want to start revising my +1 syllabus. so, sir plz tell me which books should i go through for the revision.

http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article all good books are mentioned , you wil find this article very good for your query.
  img
Sher Mohammad 11 days ago
sir i have scored 106 in mains and 85.2% in boards(cbse).i belong to general category.can i get some new nits or thapar university?

With these marks you will not get thapar and New NIT’s. But you can get admission In some best colleges like The ICFAI Inst. of Science and Technology, Hyderabad Lovely Professional...

Vivek Kumar 16 days ago
Sir, how is iter bhuvaneshwar,. Ie., institute of technical education and research... In terms of placements and ranking... What is the cutoff rank to get admission ranks...

It’s one of the good colleges after IIT’s n NIT’s. Placemnts are decent as per past records. Iam providing you with the link of college where you can find all the necessary...
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 days ago
Sir my score is 165 in advanced and 195 in mains ,95,2%in cbse. i am genuinely interested in aerospace. i wanted to know which branch will be best to choose in the old iits or new ones.???

I think you should go with your intrest, and give preference to older IITs, then to newer IITs.
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

Your expected rank is around 5500.You can get: 1.Material science and technology at IIT Varanasi 2.Polmer science and technology at IIT Roorkee(Saharanpur campus) 3.Process engineering with...

AKSHAT BHANDARI one month ago
View all Questions »