Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20

Hey my name is smriti kamboj and I am in obc category . could u please tell me that is there any use of filling obc category for iit forms. I am a student of 12th . I will b very grateful if u could tell me the merits and demerits of specifying obc category in iit forms in detail. Plz reply as soon as possible.

thanks

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

dear smriti

yes you will get the benifit to mentioning the obc in merit list as well as some benifits in fees in iit sem fees

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

5 years ago

thank you

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Sir is it possible to add more choices after each round of counseling? If possible then how?

Not possibile.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Mind you, if once a seat has been allocated from the backend by Josaa, there can be nochnge of choice at all. Be contended with what has been offered or else try at some other places where...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

once you lock your choices ….... it is not possible to change your choices then............................

Mohit Kumar 4 months ago
scored 103 in this years JEE MAINS(GENERAL CAT.).ruined VIT because didn”t knew that you need to click SAVE AND CONTINUE and not just answers.I didn”t apply for manipal or SRM.gave comed k...

Dear student, If you are confident enough that next year you will surely qualify jee then only take a drop or else you will end up wasting one year time and money and more importantly your...
  img
Nishant Vora 13 days ago

Trust youself, prepare well and face it..you’ll definitely reach places..if not an IIT/NIIT that does not mean the end of life..you may seek admission at some other renowned universities...

Aneesh Sehgal 12 days ago

Dude If you have Self confidence in you then surely you should.Otherwise take admission into any of the colleges of COMEDK and prepare for next year from there only.This way you would have...

Pritish Raj 8 days ago
sir, i am only doing aakash study material. Am i going right or i should pick up some book. tell me what expected rank would i get after doing aakash sheets fully in jee main and jee...

Dear, with my experience of three different institutions, i found no offline coaching institutes can provides solution concept of each and every paper.. Now, i am with askIITians.com, the...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago

They’ll definitely provide whole stuff regarding JEE and cover all types of problems and techniques but the faculty teaching may vary from institute to institute. You can have other...
  img
Avinash 10 months ago

Aksah Institute has earned an image after a heavy toll so if they need to keep it maintained and also to enhance it, then they need to strive hard for the same, thus keeping in mind these...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago
I have got 85% in CBSE Board and expecting 86-90 marks in JEE MAIN also i belong to OBC category.What colleges can i expect a seat?

Dear student, Pls check ur rank using our rank calculator http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
im going to write bitsat .. i want to get a seat in pharma … can you please tell me the score to get the seat and cut off marks for pharmacy ?

@ nikhila for pharmacy u need 220-230 marks . that are enough to get a seat in pharmacy . beacuse for pharmacy the cutoff generally stay between 200-210 , for hyderabad , and 230-240 in...

Umakant biswal 8 days ago

Practice a lot working on ample papers, get to know certain tactics to find the right answer, be under a stern practice for as much time as you can avail and then appear in the test,...do...

Aneesh Sehgal 7 days ago

YOU WILL NEED MORE THAN 260+ MARKS TO GET A SEAT IN PHARMACY. HOPE YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL 8 days ago
Then please tell me what should I do now

Please complete your question. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

plz tell me wat is ur question

Prajwal Kavad 10 months ago

Be clear,

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000