Hey my name is smriti kamboj and I am in obc category . could u please tell me that is there any use of filling obc category for iit forms. I am a student of 12th . I will b very grateful if u could tell me the merits and demerits of specifying obc category in iit forms in detail. Plz reply as soon as possible.

thanks

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

dear smriti

yes you will get the benifit to mentioning the obc in merit list as well as some benifits in fees in iit sem fees

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

4 years ago

thank you

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i got 112 i jee-mains. what college can i get?

The link below is IIT JEE Main Branch and College Predictor.You can use it to get the answer to your query. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html Thanks...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
is optandon for – physical chemistry morrison and boyd for – organic chemistry ml khanna for- mathematics hc verma for – physics

dear student http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article you will find all the good books mentioned , it will be very helpful for you.
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
I am a foreign citizenship holder.(Tanzanian). Is there a foreigner’s quota for admissions in IIT ? Which IITs give such quota and in which fields ? How much rank is good enough to get...

Yes of course, there is NRI reservation scheme in IIT-JEE. Please check the prospectus once, You will get whole info.. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 days ago
160 in mains and 91% in cbse can i get iist or nit trichy cse i belong to sc category?

Hi, For a better estimate, visit our college and branch predictor at askiitians.com...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
my air in mains is 125000 can i get bit patna im from bihar??

Since you havent mentioned your category then it is insufficient to answer this question..But these are some opening and closing ranks for BIT Patna in 2013: civil: GEN 26107 27854 SC 112834...
  img
Ramreddy 3 months ago
What is the importance of category rank? Are the admissions of csab made on category rank or all india rank..??

The seats in goverment colleges to category students are alloted on the basis of their category that whay category ranks are important. the admissions are made upon the category rank for...
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago

CSAB carries out admissions on the basis of AIR overall.They have separate quotas(Open,SC,ST) but the seat are allocated through AIR overall . Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
View all Questions »