Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Hey my name is smriti kamboj and I am in obc category . could u please tell me that is there any use of filling obc category for iit forms. I am a student of 12th . I will b very grateful if u could tell me the merits and demerits of specifying obc category in iit forms in detail. Plz reply as soon as possible.

thanks

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

dear smriti

yes you will get the benifit to mentioning the obc in merit list as well as some benifits in fees in iit sem fees

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

5 years ago

thank you

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

sir,i want to know how many rounds are there in IITs this year for councilling?

There will be 2 rounds of JEE COUNSLING THIS YR.
  img
Charchit Tailong 11 months ago

Generally two to three rounds are there and if some seats are left vacant then fourth or subsequently spot round is conducted, the most deserving candidates get through in first two or at...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

already 3 rounds are done,how can there be 2 rounds?

Ayush Saxena 11 months ago
Hi This is regarding the JOSAA seat allocation I am not able to understand what to do and what not to I want to more to the next round for the allocation So should i just not do anything ?...

You will be having three options'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' . I suggest you to go understand the meaning of these terms from the official website of jee advanced. I...
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

I will suggest you to contact them. Because you can freeze, float and slide according to the couseling procedure. Please find the option, definetely you will get it.
  img

Ok. Very good.
  img
I HV ATTEMPTED JEE IN 2015. BUT I HAVE NOT GOT SELECTED IN JEE ADVANCE. CAN I TRY FOR ANOTHER TIME/

If you are confident within youu and have scored/prepared well this time, then you can try once more.
  img

Yes why not, and if you want to pursue your degree at some other equally reputed institution, then I may suggest to visit the official websites of a few reputed and esteemed institutions to ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

yes , why not if you are good student and if you are confident that you crack this time then you have to do it because when a person loss something in first time then he try more better...

ankit raj 10 months ago
I have qualified in jee mains but did not qualified in jee advance. How will I know my rank.?

Dear Sumona, you may use the rank predictor link of askiitians or visit the official website of Jee mains and find out what is the stature ove there. There you may find the current merit...

Aneesh Sehgal 9 days ago

please use the rank predictor visit http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html thanks

SAHIL 12 days ago
What is SaaS Technology?

What is SaaS? Software as a service (or SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining software, you simply access it...

Ravi Sharma 7 years ago

Software as a Service(SaaS) Software as a Service (SaaS) - described as software applications deployed as a hosted service and accessed over the Internet via a standard web browser- is...

Swati Kharodia 7 years ago

SaaS Instead of owning software - and all the investment, maintenance, and depreciation it entails – you can simply rent use of that software from PHASE 2. Save on: - Hardware -...

Radhika Batra 7 years ago
Mech in iit kharagpur or cse in nit trichy which is better

@ jakka frst of all i appreciate your effort of clearing jee advanced with such a good rank .. it completely depend upon your intrest that you are intrested to be a software engineet and...

Umakant biswal 8 days ago

Don’t be in a fix regarding the choice of either of these branches, let me tell you that the future prospects in CSE branch are quite bright.On the other hand Mechanical branch is equally...

Aneesh Sehgal 7 days ago

getting a good iit like that of iit kharagpur . so, acc to me frst preference go for iit kharagpur mechanical as its the most suitable branch and having good placement . and if u hv intrest...

raj 7 days ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off