Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

a right cone is inscribed in a sphere of radius R. Let S=f(x) be the functional relationship between the lateral surface area S of the cone and its gereratrix x then the find the value of f(R) and if x is such that x to the power n, n>= 6 is negligible then find S.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hii vashuda

First of all before reading this...draw the geometry of the condition given....i am assuming that u have drawn a sphere a cone ...with

Slant height = x  radius of cone = r  and heigh of cone = h

Radiius of sphere = R after this read my solution

The height of the cone h = R + (something)

something = distance of centre from the base of the cone....you need to find this something okk

Let it be z

then by applying a few strength on mind you will get ..

z = root( R^2 - r^2)   [ because there is a small right angle triangle formed by side R , r and z with R as largest side )

Now surface area  S = π.r.x= f(x)

again x , h and r form a rt.angled triangle..

x^2 = h^2 + r^2  => x^2 = (R+z)^2 + r^2    =  R^2 + z^2 + 2.z.R + r^2

x^2 = R^2 + R^2 -r^2 +  2.root(R^2-r^2).R + r^2 

x^2 = 2.R^2  + 2.root(R^2-r^2).R 

now put x=R

R^2 = 2.R^2 + 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R^2 = 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R = 2.root( R^2 -r^2)

R^2 = 4.(R^2 - r^2)

4r^2  = 3R^2

or  r = R.root(3)/2 --------(1)

f(x) = pi.x.r

So f(R) = pi.R.( R.root(3)/2 ) =  root(3).pi.R^2 / 2    ans ....

If u r unable to understand my steps...then please ask furthure...

Regard

Yagya

aksiitians_expert

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

i am in 11 how i prepare for jee in 2018 how many iit college is there how is possible to get iit delhi nowhow i am 11 th how to prepare jee mains &advance

Dear student, If you want to study for IIT JEE than you may want to join our coaching institute askIITians.com’s online classroom program. For free demo class by IITian, visit...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Dear student You should work hard from beginning by regular self practising each subject’s theory as well as mcq.
  img
Bhavya one month ago

hello, first you must learn basics of all subjets.and learn concepts wise all the topics.you must remember formulas in maths.and do maditation in the morning time.all the best.

raj kumar one month ago
I am thinking of buying IIT previous years papers book. Can anyone suggest me which ones are better. I came across two names - MTG And Arihant. Also suggest me which of the following is...

Dear Student, You can choose arihant publication for both. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago

Sir*. I am sorry I didn't see your name. Can you tell me In what areas/aspects are each of them better than the others ? ​

Manav Mehta 4 months ago

Thanks a lot for your suggestion sir/ma'am. I would be thankful if you could mention the differences been them. ​

Manav Mehta 4 months ago
The coefficient of three consecutive terms in the expansion of (1+a) n are in the ratio 1:7:42 then find n value.

of three consecutive terms in the expansion of(1 +x) n are in the ratio 1:7:42 . find n . ... or, x = 1 . putting value of x in 1st equation , n = 7. Hence n = 7. tHuMpS uP ...

T.kumar 4 months ago

The coefficient of three consecutive terms in the expansion of (1+a) n are in the ratio 1:7:42 then find n value. All the best for your bright future

Prabhakar ch 3 months ago

MR PRAPUL, The coefficient of three consecutive terms in the expansion of (1+a) n are in the ratio 1:7:42 then find n value.

Gowri sankar 4 months ago
Can any one provide me the list of top engineering colleges so that i can plan accordingly?? I will wait for reply

1. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi 2. IIT Bombay 3. IIT Kharagpur 4. IIT Madras 5. IIT Kanpur 6. IIT-BHU Varanasi 7. BITS Pilani 8. IIT Guwahati 9. NIT Tiruchirappalli 10. NIT...

SAHIL 19 days ago

Dear Student all the IITs and NITs are top most institutions of the country, wherever you may go, you’ll excel, otherwise there are certain private colleges and universities which are...

Aneesh Sehgal 3 days ago
I score 155 in jee paper 2 .i am grn pwd candidate. I am from wb state. Can i get nit durgapur in architecture

Yes, there is a possibility that you might end up in NIT Durgapur with architecture. Best of Luck for your success
  img
Sourabh Singh 29 days ago

Keep on visiting the website of NIT Durgapur and be on toes to prepare yourself for a requisite test – NATA because certain institutions give much weightage to this test, wish you luck and...

Aneesh Sehgal 13 days ago
If α, ß are the roots of ax 2 + bx + c = 0, then – 1 / α , 1 / ß are the roots of (a) ax 2 – bx + c = 0 (b) cx 2 – bx + a = 0 (c) cx 2 + bx + a = 0 (d) ax 2 – bx – c = 0

HInt, The roots are symmetric and therefore the equation whos roots are 1/alpha and 1/beta can be formed by replacing x to 1/x from the given equation. Hence the equation will be equal to as...
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off