Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

a right cone is inscribed in a sphere of radius R. Let S=f(x) be the functional relationship between the lateral surface area S of the cone and its gereratrix x then the find the value of f(R) and if x is such that x to the power n, n>= 6 is negligible then find S.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hii vashuda

First of all before reading this...draw the geometry of the condition given....i am assuming that u have drawn a sphere a cone ...with

Slant height = x  radius of cone = r  and heigh of cone = h

Radiius of sphere = R after this read my solution

The height of the cone h = R + (something)

something = distance of centre from the base of the cone....you need to find this something okk

Let it be z

then by applying a few strength on mind you will get ..

z = root( R^2 - r^2)   [ because there is a small right angle triangle formed by side R , r and z with R as largest side )

Now surface area  S = π.r.x= f(x)

again x , h and r form a rt.angled triangle..

x^2 = h^2 + r^2  => x^2 = (R+z)^2 + r^2    =  R^2 + z^2 + 2.z.R + r^2

x^2 = R^2 + R^2 -r^2 +  2.root(R^2-r^2).R + r^2 

x^2 = 2.R^2  + 2.root(R^2-r^2).R 

now put x=R

R^2 = 2.R^2 + 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R^2 = 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R = 2.root( R^2 -r^2)

R^2 = 4.(R^2 - r^2)

4r^2  = 3R^2

or  r = R.root(3)/2 --------(1)

f(x) = pi.x.r

So f(R) = pi.R.( R.root(3)/2 ) =  root(3).pi.R^2 / 2    ans ....

If u r unable to understand my steps...then please ask furthure...

Regard

Yagya

aksiitians_expert

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Hello Sir, how can i preapare for Jee mains 2016 to score max. marks as i have wasted my whole 11 th class as well as summer vacation and now i m getting frustated... please help me as i...

beta tum ye batao ki tum kya koi coaching jaate ho agar haan to wahan us course ko jion karo jo 11 aur 12 ka syllabus ek saal mein karate ho jahaan tak books ka sawal hai jee main ke liye...

rohan 5 months ago

FIRST YOU SOLVE ALL BASIC CONCEPT QUESTIONS AND THEN YOU SOLVE HIGHER LEVEL QUESTIONS FOR EXAMPLE FIRST YOU PREFER USS-1 AND USS-2 BOOKS AND THEN SOLVE DC PANDEY,ANURAG MISHRA,CENGAGE...

Mitesh Rathi Classes 5 months ago

@rohan Sir me aisi koi coaching nhi jta...Only self-study pe dependent hun....And R.D. sharma objective or sirf board vaali....

Sankalp Tiwari 5 months ago
I have got a rank around 7660 in jee advance and around 23000 in jee mains...please can you tell me whether i should opt for repeat or could i get an iit/nit... Please reply fast..

Wait for all counselling sessions and then take the decision. If you are confident and determined that you’ll definitely go for good ranking than previous you can opt other wise stay...
  img
Avinash 7 months ago

Go for IITs, than NITs …..don’t go for taking drop...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 7 months ago

My opinion is never in favour of dropping a year and to start anew, rather to wait and watch, why don’t you retain your patience till the completionof counselling rounds, may be possible...

Soneel Verma 7 months ago
i got ism mechanic is it gud

sorry last answer was incomplete ….. ism is one of the best institute of our country and machenical is a good scope branch ...so go for it ….….….... PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 6 months ago

No doubt ISM Dhanbad is a very good pick and mechanical has got a very good scope, still if you are a bit doubtful, then go for virtual survey of the top rated institutions and visit their...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 6 months ago

yes ism is one of the best ind

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 6 months ago
Is eiectronics& instrumentation a good course?

hi neva, yes it is a very gud course regarding engg.aspects as it has a good placement opportunities it is ranked second just after comp science so its a bright field moreover if u have to...

Pratham Ashish 6 years ago
I am not that good overall in study so what should be my main topics so that I crack the exam?

MATHS: CO-ORDINATE:- straight line, circle, locus. ALGEBRA:- complex no.,qudratic equation,probability,a.p.,g.p. CACULUS:-LIMIT,CONTINUTY,integration,application of calculus. Trigonometry...
  img
Sourabh Singh one year ago
hello sir i got 54 marks in jee mains 2015 and a % of 81.8 in my 12 th standard,2015 i qualified the mains i belong to sc canu plz tell me my expected rank in the 2015 ranking

You are jst in the boarder range of cutoff marks and hard to get in NITs. Check the link http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html
  img
Avinash 7 months ago

I guess there may be a technical glitch or it is the category rank
  img
Avinash 7 months ago

All the best for your future
  img
Avinash 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details