Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: IND30

a right cone is inscribed in a sphere of radius R. Let S=f(x) be the functional relationship between the lateral surface area S of the cone and its gereratrix x then the find the value of f(R) and if x is such that x to the power n, n>= 6 is negligible then find S.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hii vashuda

First of all before reading this...draw the geometry of the condition given....i am assuming that u have drawn a sphere a cone ...with

Slant height = x  radius of cone = r  and heigh of cone = h

Radiius of sphere = R after this read my solution

The height of the cone h = R + (something)

something = distance of centre from the base of the cone....you need to find this something okk

Let it be z

then by applying a few strength on mind you will get ..

z = root( R^2 - r^2)   [ because there is a small right angle triangle formed by side R , r and z with R as largest side )

Now surface area  S = π.r.x= f(x)

again x , h and r form a rt.angled triangle..

x^2 = h^2 + r^2  => x^2 = (R+z)^2 + r^2    =  R^2 + z^2 + 2.z.R + r^2

x^2 = R^2 + R^2 -r^2 +  2.root(R^2-r^2).R + r^2 

x^2 = 2.R^2  + 2.root(R^2-r^2).R 

now put x=R

R^2 = 2.R^2 + 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R^2 = 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R = 2.root( R^2 -r^2)

R^2 = 4.(R^2 - r^2)

4r^2  = 3R^2

or  r = R.root(3)/2 --------(1)

f(x) = pi.x.r

So f(R) = pi.R.( R.root(3)/2 ) =  root(3).pi.R^2 / 2    ans ....

If u r unable to understand my steps...then please ask furthure...

Regard

Yagya

aksiitians_expert

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Why can't we write √2=(-√2) Because,as my point of view,,, √2 =√[(-)×(-)×2] =√(-)²×2 =(-)√2 =-√2 😕

NO NO DEAR FRIEND WE NEVER WRITE – SIGN IN BETWEEN THE ROOT. ALTHOUGH WE KNOW CONCPT OF COMPLEX NUMBERS BUT WHEN YOU DO FUNCTIONS IN CLASS 12 YOU WILL COME TO KNOW THAT WE CANNOT WRITE –...

SAHIL one month ago

Hey bro if your are in class 11 then you must have studied the chapter complex nos. There you will get the answer to your question. the – sign in the root is denoted by i. And the (-1)*(-1) ...

Shreyas Patil one month ago
I am currently in class 11 and preparing for jee, should I join funny school or a regular one

@ prajwwal For sure u have to join a regular school , but donot waste your time here and there , u have to give jee prepareation the most time and school less time . " only then u can be...

Umakant biswal one month ago

hi friend surely you should join a regular school. in initial days children find it quite interesting and excited to join a dummy school but after some time they regret on it.children of...

SAHIL one month ago
Sir, recently i have bought the IIT and JEE study materials from you the material you provided for practice only contain 30 question for test in each lesson, NCRT solution, and previous...

YES SURE PRACTICING THIS MATERIAL IS ENOUGH FOR BOTH JEE MAINS AS WELL AS JEE ADVANCE EXAM. MANY OF THE STUDENTS WHO PREPRE FROM THIS STUDY MATERIAL GOT TOP RANKS IN JEE EXAMS .SO IT IS...

SAHIL one month ago
What is ZigBee technology?

ZigBee technology is a low data rate, low power consumption, low cost, wireless networking protocol targeted towards automation and remote control applications. IEEE 802.15.4 committee...

Simran Bhatia 7 years ago
I have heard a lot about UPES- Dehradun and its courses? How is the faculty for Btech CSE courses in UPES?

Its a good one. They collaborated wid IBM providing better scope to cse students.
  img
Avinash one year ago

Hello Mamta, UPES CSE courses is that its courses are in collaboration with IBM, which is rare to find in any Indian university. If you check their official FB page, you can have a sneak...

Suchitra Ray one year ago

Hi Mamta, I agree with Suchitra and Avinash. UPES is one of the best universities in India which is offering engineering courses. I would suggest you to check out their website for details...

Devik Aggarwal one year ago
My son got a Rank of 4583 in JEE Advanced 2016 and General Merit Catogory no reservation willhe get in IIT and what branch we may get

Yes, a student attaining 45k on wards may certainly get a seat at an IIT and you need to keep an eye on counselling rounds and hence the allocation of seats in various branches as per the...

Aneesh Sehgal 2 months ago

YES MAM HE WILL SURELY GET A SEAT IN IIT BECAUSE IN IIT THERE ARE SEATS FOR 10,000 STUDENTS. SO STUDENTS WITH RANK NEAR ABOUT 4600 CAN EASILY GET A SEAT. YOU SHOULD VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK ...

SAHIL 2 months ago

My Brother got a Rank of 2400 in JEE Advanced 2016 and General Merit Catogory no reservation willhe get in IIT and what branch we may get

krishna 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off