Use Coupon: CART10 and get 10% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

a right cone is inscribed in a sphere of radius R. Let S=f(x) be the functional relationship between the lateral surface area S of the cone and its gereratrix x then the find the value of f(R) and if x is such that x to the power n, n>= 6 is negligible then find S.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hii vashuda

First of all before reading this...draw the geometry of the condition given....i am assuming that u have drawn a sphere a cone ...with

Slant height = x  radius of cone = r  and heigh of cone = h

Radiius of sphere = R after this read my solution

The height of the cone h = R + (something)

something = distance of centre from the base of the need to find this something okk

Let it be z

then by applying a few strength on mind you will get ..

z = root( R^2 - r^2)   [ because there is a small right angle triangle formed by side R , r and z with R as largest side )

Now surface area  S = π.r.x= f(x)

again x , h and r form a rt.angled triangle..

x^2 = h^2 + r^2  => x^2 = (R+z)^2 + r^2    =  R^2 + z^2 + 2.z.R + r^2

x^2 = R^2 + R^2 -r^2 +  2.root(R^2-r^2).R + r^2 

x^2 = 2.R^2  + 2.root(R^2-r^2).R 

now put x=R

R^2 = 2.R^2 + 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R^2 = 2.root(R^2 -r^2).R

-R = 2.root( R^2 -r^2)

R^2 = 4.(R^2 - r^2)

4r^2  = 3R^2

or  r = R.root(3)/2 --------(1)

f(x) = pi.x.r

So f(R) = pi.R.( R.root(3)/2 ) =  root(3).pi.R^2 / 2    ans ....

If u r unable to understand my steps...then please ask furthure...

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

I`m 2017 jee aspirant for algebra which book will be better hall and knight or algebra by sk goyal.
I have a good experience with hall and knight so I may recommend it ...but it depends upon ur personal needs that it suits u or not … I must suggest u to the ...
Riddhi Gupta 12 days ago
Riddhi Gupta 12 days ago
sir,i want to know how many rounds are there in IITs this year for councilling?
There will be 2 rounds of JEE COUNSLING THIS YR.
Charchit Tailong 2 months ago
Generally two to three rounds are there and if some seats are left vacant then fourth or subsequently spot round is conducted, the most deserving candidates get through in first two or at...
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
already 3 rounds are done,how can there be 2 rounds?
Ayush Saxena 2 months ago
I have got BIT Mesra-Production Josaa 3 rd is it...?.should i take it..or wait for 4 th which i can get nit nagpur-(mining engg..)...which is better...??
BIT Mesra is quite good and it has earned a very good image in the field of education as wellas better placements, if you are not satisfied then you may wait for the next round, but there...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
Did you ge4t in somewhere or not? if not then consider trying at – BIT Mesra,..........................LOvely Professional Uni, Phagwara,......................Jabalpur college of Engg,...
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
How is nit calicut..??i myt get biotech in 4 th it better than bit mesa...???
Rahul Attrey 2 months ago
i got nit warangal ece in first round of josaa counselling and i am expecting cse in nit warangal in further rounds based on last year ranking. To accept this seat i need to pay 45000 which ...
Dear student, the only advice i would like to give you, just go with EC at NIT Warangal, its a good branch in placement criterion. But if you are very excited about CS at same, then you can...
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago
Hi This year i have not been selected in IIT nd also not a good rank in aieee. so i have decided to drop this year. i started studying .i m very confused about physics as this has always...
Dear amandeep, if u were not selected this year there is not much to worry ,if u start studying from now sincerely it wont be that difficult to crack u mentioned physics has been ur...
askiitian expert akshay singh 6 years ago
NEVER EVER FEAR to do anything.. This is the first adn the foremost condition that you'll have to impose upon yourself.. This is a must.. You have to have a positive attitude towards your...
AskiitiansExpert Rohan 6 years ago
Hi The approach towards cracking JEE is studying the right topic in the right amount. I can suggest u some of the important topics , that would help u score higher if u get thorough with...
AskiitianExpert Shine 6 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details