Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

sir,

my name shubham,i am 16 years old, i had passed ssc 2010 with 90% MARKS, now I had joined the diploma  in mechanical engineering (polytechnic),my college is government polytechnic dhule,mu college is approved by AICTE,I have the strong desire to be engineet from iit,i wish to give iit 2013,so what is the syllabus for iit jee 2013,which books should i read.please send me reply thanking you in anticipation.

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

1. Physics:

Text Books:   

1)      Concept of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By H C Verma

2)      Problems in General Physics, By I.E. Irodov. it is good book but tough questions

3)      Fundamentals of Physics, By Halliday, Resnick & Walker

4)      The Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By R.P. Feynman 

2. Chemistry

Physical Chemistry:

Numerical Chemistry, By R.C. Mukhrjee

Physical Chemistry, By P. Bahadur

Physical Chemistry, By P.W. Atkins

University Chemistry, By Bruce H. Mahan

General Chemistry, By Ebbing

Organic Chemistry:

Organic Chemistry, By Morrison & Boyd

Organic Chemistry, By Arihant Prakashan

Organic Chemistry, By Solomons

Organic Chemistry Volume 1, By I. L. Finar

Inorganic Chemistry:

Concise Inorganic Chemistry, By J.D. Lee

NCERT, Chemistry XI & XII

Inorganic Chemistry, By Arihant Prakashan

Mathematics:

Higher Algebra, By Hall & Knight (Complex Number, Series & Sequence of this book is very nice.)

Problems in Calculus of One Variable, By I.A. Maron (Very nice book, one must solve function, Limit & Continuity, Differential, Integral & Definite Integral of this book.)

Co-ordinate Geometry, By S. L. Loney (Its conic section is very nice. Sometimes even the problem in the Mains is directly from this book. This happened with me.)

Plane Trigonometry Part I, By S. L. Loney

Vectors & 3-D Geometry, By Arihant Prakashan

Mathematics, By Tata Macgraw Hill (TMH)

Calculus, By J. Edward

Vector, By Shanti Narayan

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on
Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and
become an Elite Expert League askiitian.
Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the
Askiitians Toolbar : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

q.

sir ,

my name is raghav khajuria and i have passed 12TH class in 2012 with 88%in pcm and i want to crack iit 2013.which institute is suitable for me .also i am very poor in numericals .please suggests me that which type of study and books are help me very good so i do best in iit

please send me reply you most welcome

posted by raghav khajuria (jammu)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I got 102 for JEE(main) 2016, which is above the cut off score for general. I belong to OBC-NCL category and i have applied to JEE(main) under that category. I wish to apply to...

@ ganga no, u should have to apply under that catagory which u already mentioned in the jee main application form , otherwise the candidature will be invalid , beacuse at the time of...

Umakant biswal one month ago

I guess you will have to apply under general category as you have stated that you do not have your category certificate with you...do well, get god marks and be sure you make it at an...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

I am sorry to disagree on these lines,.....won’t it be a case of forgery?....and what if the student fails to produce category cetrificate? won’t this be depriving a category candidate from ...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
i had got 75% in pcm in 12 th cbse boards....but got only 58% in maths.....am i eligible to appear for jee advanced...???

YA i knw abt it....but i was confusd abt the eligibility of my marks for jee adv......................................................

vijay sharma 8 months ago

my overall score in pcm is 75%....and in all subjects is 83%.........................................................

vijay sharma 8 months ago

but before appearing for advanced you must qualify jee-mains exam,then only your aligible to write advance.

mansi 8 months ago
hello, I am a Student OF Diploma currently persuing for Electrical Engineering 3 rd year. so Can you give tips to study for the IIT JEE mains

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

Hi, the main ingredient for success is discipline. It requires discipline to study systematically and sincerely. There are a variety of brilliant reference books you can use. Math – McGraw...

Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 11 months ago
for how many marks is bits exam conduted? In hyderabad and goa bits campus which one is best ?

BITS Hyderabad followed by GOA...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 29 days ago

Dear Student, all the BITS campus are doing very well, and to best of my mind you should strive hard to get good scores in your test and for that you must prepare well.Set apart a schedule...

Aneesh Sehgal 28 days ago

@ dheera the BITSAT exam was of 450 marks which excepts the 12 extra questions , , and that 12 extra questions are special , and will be given to the candidate if he/she attempts all ques...

Umakant biswal 28 days ago
Sir please tell about any more scope to lead a better life in biology other than mbbs.

Hello student, Yes there are a number of options other than MBBS. You can go for BDS (Bechalor of dental sciences) , BAMS(Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery), BPT(Bachelor of...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 3 months ago
IWANT FREE IIT ONLINE CLASSES ON CHEMISTRY,MATHS,PHYSICS. SO PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS. IF THERE IS ANY CLASS PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER. 09849006590 THANKYOU

HI Hiren You can access only some free material online ..AskIItians also provide free online materials. But if you want completly free online classes .then there is no such classes...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off