sir,

my name shubham,i am 16 years old, i had passed ssc 2010 with 90% MARKS, now I had joined the diploma  in mechanical engineering (polytechnic),my college is government polytechnic dhule,mu college is approved by AICTE,I have the strong desire to be engineet from iit,i wish to give iit 2013,so what is the syllabus for iit jee 2013,which books should i read.please send me reply thanking you in anticipation.

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

1. Physics:

Text Books:   

1)      Concept of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By H C Verma

2)      Problems in General Physics, By I.E. Irodov. it is good book but tough questions

3)      Fundamentals of Physics, By Halliday, Resnick & Walker

4)      The Feynman Lectures on Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By R.P. Feynman 

2. Chemistry

Physical Chemistry:

Numerical Chemistry, By R.C. Mukhrjee

Physical Chemistry, By P. Bahadur

Physical Chemistry, By P.W. Atkins

University Chemistry, By Bruce H. Mahan

General Chemistry, By Ebbing

Organic Chemistry:

Organic Chemistry, By Morrison & Boyd

Organic Chemistry, By Arihant Prakashan

Organic Chemistry, By Solomons

Organic Chemistry Volume 1, By I. L. Finar

Inorganic Chemistry:

Concise Inorganic Chemistry, By J.D. Lee

NCERT, Chemistry XI & XII

Inorganic Chemistry, By Arihant Prakashan

Mathematics:

Higher Algebra, By Hall & Knight (Complex Number, Series & Sequence of this book is very nice.)

Problems in Calculus of One Variable, By I.A. Maron (Very nice book, one must solve function, Limit & Continuity, Differential, Integral & Definite Integral of this book.)

Co-ordinate Geometry, By S. L. Loney (Its conic section is very nice. Sometimes even the problem in the Mains is directly from this book. This happened with me.)

Plane Trigonometry Part I, By S. L. Loney

Vectors & 3-D Geometry, By Arihant Prakashan

Mathematics, By Tata Macgraw Hill (TMH)

Calculus, By J. Edward

Vector, By Shanti Narayan

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on
Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and
become an Elite Expert League askiitian.
Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the
Askiitians Toolbar : Click here to download the toolbar..

4 years ago

q.

sir ,

my name is raghav khajuria and i have passed 12TH class in 2012 with 88%in pcm and i want to crack iit 2013.which institute is suitable for me .also i am very poor in numericals .please suggests me that which type of study and books are help me very good so i do best in iit

please send me reply you most welcome

posted by raghav khajuria (jammu)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
lim (e^x +e^-x+2cosx -4)x^4 x-0

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below It is zero by zero from. Use L’Hospital rule
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago

its very simple.write all the expressionss.and get 1/6

Abhishek Pachauri 2 months ago
can i get any nit with air 37616 in obc category

The link below is IIT JEE Main Branch and College Predictor.You can use it to get the answer to your query. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html Thanks...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
==>I wanted to know that if i am allotted any seat in third round of counselling which I am not eager to take and do not accept admission in JOCSAP, then, WOULD I BE DECLARED INELIGIBLE FOR...

You passed 10+2 examination in 2014 and also qualified in JEE (Advanced) - 2014. You appeared for counselling for JEE (Advanced) - 2014 and was offered admission in one of the IITs/ISM,...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
hi plz tell me wat is NSE and BSE stands for ?? and also wat is d difference b/w sensex and nifty? thanx in advance

National Stock Exchange The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), is a Mumbai-based stock exchange. It is the largest stock exchange in India and the third largest in the world in...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 5 years ago
Presently CSAB 2014 is showing opening and closing ranks after round 1 for colleges and it is written they are AIR but which AIR overall or category?

You can go to CSAB site and select the link “Institute wise opening and closing ranks” And in there you could select the college and branch and you would see the breakage in...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
DEAR SIR , name the following : – 1 . the physical quantity corresponds to the rate of change of momentum .

Dear student, The Physical Quantity that corresponds to the rate of change of momentum is Force. The change of momentum is defined as Impulse and the rate of change of Impulse with time is...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago

It is force. NOW , HOW IS FORCE= RATE OF CHANGE OF MOMENTUM.(answer is below) = newtons second law – force = m( final velocity – initial velocity / time) it can be written as force = m*final...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya one month ago
View all Questions »