If Sn denotes the sum to n terms of the series 1<=n<=9

1+22+333+......+999+...... , then for n=>2

(9 times)

a). Sn-Sn-1=1\9(10n-n2+n)                           b).S

c). 9(Sn-Sn-1)=n(10n-1)                               d).S3= 356

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear swapnil ,

there is a method of solving objective questions called solving by elimination. although we can try about solving for Sn -Sn-1 but in case of objective exams where speed matters it is better to use the former one.

so here , Sn -Sn-1 = an  , i.e. nth term.

a) apply n=2 , we get a2 not equal to 22 so the option is eliminated.

b) not clearly mentioned by you.

c)apply two a2 is 22 but it you shud check also for n =9 where it gives wrong answer so option is eliminated.

d) manually see it is right .

so option d is correct.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am a foreign citizenship holder.(Tanzanian). Is there a foreigner’s quota for admissions in IIT ? Which IITs give such quota and in which fields ? How much rank is good enough to get...

Yes of course, there is NRI reservation scheme in IIT-JEE. Please check the prospectus once, You will get whole info.. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta 6 months ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta 6 months ago
SEE THE ATTACHMENT PLS AND GIVE ME THE SOLUTION TO IT

assume dat d vel of com is v1.d topmost, bottommost points of contact are P,Q.appy d condition of pure rolling at P,Q. AT Q, V1-RW = V AT P, V1+RW = 2V solving des we get,v1=3v/2 and w=v/2r...

naina one month ago

if u dont understand any part of d answer let me know and if u did understand den approve it!:P

naina one month ago

I DIDN’T UNDERSTOOD CAN U GIVE THE COMPLETE SOLUTION TO IT

SRUTI one month ago
Please give me some tips on how to prepare for jee advanced 2015? What things should i do in these last 2 months left for advanced after mains. Should i revise theory or solve questions?

advanced is not so easy so bot theory and questions are must practice as many papers as you can of various good instittues analyse ur score and remove ur mistakes in each test u must give...

ng29 one month ago

physics:- resonance modules r best among all books (rank boosters) chemistry : himanshu pandey and n avasthi maths : tata mcgraw hill approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 one month ago

physics:- resonance modules r best among all books (rank boosters) chemistry : himanshu pandey and n avasthi maths : tata mcgraw hill approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
how do i concentration to solve iit problem

to make concentration you need to learn formulas and try to conplete all numericals carefully

komalpreet one year ago

to make concent

komalpreet one year ago
Sir, inspite of the fact that my rank was 4441 in architecture I have not been allotted any seat in the first round. But according to last years cutoff I should have been allotted a seat....

This year specifically the trend is such that a major upside turn has occured as a result of which you might not have got the seat in first counselling but don’t get disheartened . ....
  img
Sourabh Singh 10 months ago

sir, what do you mean by upside turn?

Pranjal K 10 months ago
If a car is moving right wards with an acceleration g*k^1/2 m/s as shown. Find the value of k so that , rod maintains its orientation as shown in the figue , neglecting friction . The angle...

How may I answer the question without the figure? Please state the figure, Regards, Deepak.R

Deepak Ramachandran 7 months ago

How may I answer the question without the figure? Please state the figure, Regards, Deepak.R

How may I answer the question without the figure? Please state the figure, Regards, Don

View all Questions »