If Sn denotes the sum to n terms of the series 1<=n<=9

1+22+333+......+999+...... , then for n=>2

(9 times)

a). Sn-Sn-1=1\9(10n-n2+n)                           b).S

c). 9(Sn-Sn-1)=n(10n-1)                               d).S3= 356

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear swapnil ,

there is a method of solving objective questions called solving by elimination. although we can try about solving for Sn -Sn-1 but in case of objective exams where speed matters it is better to use the former one.

so here , Sn -Sn-1 = an  , i.e. nth term.

a) apply n=2 , we get a2 not equal to 22 so the option is eliminated.

b) not clearly mentioned by you.

c)apply two a2 is 22 but it you shud check also for n =9 where it gives wrong answer so option is eliminated.

d) manually see it is right .

so option d is correct.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am getting cse at nit trichy ,warangal and surathkal plz suggest me which of these should i opt?

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 days ago

in my opinion nit warangal is best in all aspects campus , faculty , placements etc so i prefer nit warangal cse rather than trichy or surathkal also u will get good environment in warangal ...

ng29 2 days ago

it will b very helpful if u enlist some differences b/w these 2 so that i have a clear mindset of opting any 1 of above 3

3 hours ago
i have an obc rank 4039 in advanced and air 17739, will i get alloted to the new iits. i.e pallakad and tirupati?

Dear Abhishek, you may visit the official websites of IIT Palakkad/Tirupati to check the current status about your standing there.....if you made it ther, well and good , else try at below...

Soneel Verma yesterday
sir;if the cut of is 124(general) in jee advanced and i get 142 then what is my expected rank.general category

Hi, You may expected you rank in between 10k-15k. Actually rank depends on many factors like cutoff marks, number of students appread, your category etc. Best of Luck!!
  img
Vijay Mukti 17 days ago

You should better visit the official link of the IIT where you hope to make it....but your score is not much promising, so I recommend you to visit the official websites of the below given...

Soneel Verma 9 days ago
I got jee main rank 209092 and also i am from obc category.would i get any nit? please reply soon

maybe some nits that too not core branches what is ur homestate(from where u gave ur board exam)?

Prajwal Kavad 2 days ago

my homestate is Rajasthan

Piyush 2 days ago
sir pls tell me where i should study for iit 2010 specially in lucknow

Hi If are really interested in going for regular batches then i think Resonance institute has a branch in Lucknow and Resonance is renowned institute for JEE coaching especially in Kota. It ...

AskiitianExpert Shine 5 years ago

sir in my opinion resonance is best in kota not in lucknow what is your opinion about trivaag in lucknow and sigma in kanpur? sir as you that i am not very rich so please what can i do for...

saurabh yadav 5 years ago

sir as i have already told you that i am not very rich so i cannot afford the fee of resonance their fee structure is 70;000

saurabh yadav 5 years ago
from when to start preprations

Hi Tushar, If you'd like, you can take online Coaching from Askiitians Experts for IIT-JEE, where you can get excellent coaching from the comfort of your home. For more information visit...

Askiitian.Expert Rajat 5 years ago
View all Questions »