If Sn denotes the sum to n terms of the series 1<=n<=9

1+22+333+......+999+...... , then for n=>2

(9 times)

a). Sn-Sn-1=1\9(10n-n2+n)                           b).S

c). 9(Sn-Sn-1)=n(10n-1)                               d).S3= 356

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear swapnil ,

there is a method of solving objective questions called solving by elimination. although we can try about solving for Sn -Sn-1 but in case of objective exams where speed matters it is better to use the former one.

so here , Sn -Sn-1 = an  , i.e. nth term.

a) apply n=2 , we get a2 not equal to 22 so the option is eliminated.

b) not clearly mentioned by you.

c)apply two a2 is 22 but it you shud check also for n =9 where it gives wrong answer so option is eliminated.

d) manually see it is right .

so option d is correct.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Positronium consists of electron and positron orbiting round their common centre of mass. Calculate the value of Rydberg constant for the system?

In Bohr model, for the calculation of Rydberg constant, the mass of an atom is considered to be very large in comparison to electron. The Rydberg constant, hence is denoted as : R 0 = 1.097...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
RIGHT NOW I AM IN CLASS 12 th AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN I APPER FOR IIT ENTRANCE EXAM AFTER 2 YEARS OF PASSING MY 12TH CLASS AND RIGHT NOW MY AGE IS 16+9 PLZ SOME ONE RPLY

Hi, You can sit fior JEE Advanced only in the year your are giving your 12 th board exams, and the year immediately next to it. So you cant appear for the exam after 2 years....
  img
Yash Baheti 25 days ago

what if i dont give the exam immediately after passing 12 , and after having some coaching after 12 for to years

nikhil pawar 21 days ago
what are the rankings of iiser ? which iiser is better ? what kind of placements we get there ?

Rankings of IISER in the field of science comes just after IITs(Kanpur, Roorkee, KGP, Madras & Guwahati) and ISI Calcutta. Bhopal,Pune and MOhali are doing pretty good. Their main motive...
  img
Aziz Alam 16 days ago
which is the most scoring topics in maths for IIT? Should the chapter number theory also be studied?

In maths calculus is the most scoring topic for IITJEE. Number theory not in the IITJEE syllabus but you should have the basic knowledge of Number theory. Thanks & Regards Sunil...

sunil raikwar 6 months ago
I got selected for Engineering Design (Automotive Engineering) dual degree at IIT Madras & also Dual Degree at IIIT Hyderabad in CSE, which one I should choose & why? Please guide.

Both the branches are quite good. IIIT Hyderabad CSE is known for its quality of educationand placement scenario. Engineering Design at IIT Madras is also good and there are very avenues...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
Hey pavan ,first of all congrats for ur result See I m in class 11 and I wanted to get into bits. I wanted to ask u whether u have joined any coachings like fiitjee or Vmc for getting into...

Hi Aryan, Whom you want to talk to ? The faculty ? You posted it on a wrong platform, I guess...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 15 days ago
View all Questions »