Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: asksch20

IF F(x) is increasing function and  limit x→infinity f(3x)/f(x) =1 then limit x→infinity f(2x)/f(x) =?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

since f(x) is increasing, so       f(3x)>f(2x)>f(x) => f(3x)/f(x)>f(2x)/f(x)>1 so  Lt of x->infinity=>f(2x)/f(x)=1 (by sandwich theorem).

5 years ago

Dear rohit,

since f(x) is increasing, so       f(3x)>f(2x)>f(x)

Hence we can say,

f(3x)/f(x)>f(2x)/f(x)>1 so  Lt of x->infinity=>f(2x)/f(x)=1

Here we have used sandwich theorem.

To know more abt the theorem, please refer: http://www.sosmath.com/calculus/limcon/limcon03/limcon03.html

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Hello Sir I am Akshatha I am a jee aspirant I joined my coaching class recently and it was bit late so I am lagging behind in syllabus and I am finding it very difficult to manage my time...

@ akshatha Actually , everyone who is in the school are finding the same problem , Kindly let me know , which class you are in now ?? and i am suggesting some time management tips below ,...

Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the top 20 percentile of Bihar board this year?

Hii this can be obtained at the official website of Either JEE or Bihar board secondary results
  img
Sourabh Singh 12 days ago
Which book is best to prepare for iit????How can i get it

Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII (usually sufficient) Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (only for...
  img
Sourabh Singh 25 days ago

@ akash for iit u need to do hard work , frst of all , the 2 nd thing is clear and crystal concept is required for that , beacuse in jee adv u wont be able to solve any quyes if u dnt have...

Umakant biswal 18 days ago

PLEASE VISIT http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx THANKS POST IF ANY DOUBT STILL IN YOUR MIND:}

SAHIL 25 days ago
i have got 180 marks in jee mains and 94% in cbse board exams. can i get admission to nit jalander or kurukshetra for b.tech cse

You have a very good score in both JEE and class 12 and you have a fair chance of getting into NIT Jalandhar or Kurukshetra but you might not be able to get your desired course there so i...

medha 2 months ago

hi vikas yes sure you can easily get a seat in nit jalandhar. to know other best available options for you visit http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html thanks

SAHIL 2 months ago
please tell me what or how to study per day to do well in board exams as well as in jee ?

@ manas Both of them are completely diffrent examination . in one side , board which test how you represent your answer in the sheet , and JEE which test how speed u can solve the problems...

A thorough read of the NCERT is very important. You are bound to find certain topics that many famous extra books tend to miss. Before diving into the book, I quickly went through previous...

ADITI SINGH one month ago
Dear Sir/Madam, My son is in XI CBSE, but hardly get time attending his school and IIT-JEE preparation class. He has not got time to do revision daily. How to cope up with such complex...

@ mayur All the student who are preparing for jee facing the same time schedule problem . but what u need to understand is that , jee is a complex exam and he have to put all his effort at...

View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off