Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: EXAM25

IF F(x) is increasing function and  limit x→infinity f(3x)/f(x) =1 then limit x→infinity f(2x)/f(x) =?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

since f(x) is increasing, so       f(3x)>f(2x)>f(x) => f(3x)/f(x)>f(2x)/f(x)>1 so  Lt of x->infinity=>f(2x)/f(x)=1 (by sandwich theorem).

5 years ago

Dear rohit,

since f(x) is increasing, so       f(3x)>f(2x)>f(x)

Hence we can say,

f(3x)/f(x)>f(2x)/f(x)>1 so  Lt of x->infinity=>f(2x)/f(x)=1

Here we have used sandwich theorem.

To know more abt the theorem, please refer: http://www.sosmath.com/calculus/limcon/limcon03/limcon03.html

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Please explain clearly.

MR PRAPUL, please give the answer then i will approve if it is correct.….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….…...

Gowri sankar one month ago

good bye..................................................................................................

Prabhakar ch 2 days ago

please give the answer then i will approve if it is correct.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 5 months ago
is JPNP bookfor matematics good or objective matematics by rd sharma is good?? kindly suggest

M L Khanna is quiet effective than R D Sharma for jee main and advanced
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

For Maths – S L Loney, HAll & Knight, Arihant Calculus, Tata Mcgrawhills Prepare well and bear in mind – Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, ...

Soneel Verma 6 months ago
how should we prepare for iit-jee exam,schedule.

You should join any good institute who will make you ready for the exam. Also make the proper plan and daily schedule. Devote you maximum time in its preparation. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 6 months ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Soneel Verma 6 months ago
which topic should i read more attentively to crack iit?

YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON COORDINATE GEOMMETRY IN MATHEMATICS; THEN IN PHYSICS------- THERMODYNAMIC,ELECTROSTATICS,CURRECT ELECTRICITY,MAGNETISM,OPTICS IN CHEMISTRY ---- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS,...

FITJEE 2 years ago

YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON COORDINATE GEOMMETRY IN MATHEMATICS; THEN IN PHYSICS------- THERMODYNAMIC,ELECTROSTATICS,CURRECT ELECTRICITY,MAGNETISM,OPTICS IN CHEMISTRY ---- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS,...

FITJEE 2 years ago

calculus: mainly limits and definite integrals Co-ordinate: st. lines, circles and parabola Organic: GOC, isomerism,...

NANDA 2 years ago
I am a bit confused about taking which opptional subject in class 11? I am pretty sure about taking PCM but I am confused if i should take a time devoting opptional subject or not? I am...

Dear Student, Yes you can choose any one of them, In which you fill you will enjoy and you will not have to put the extra effort into it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 22 days ago

Yes, Definetly you should choose the subject, which is scoreing and doesn’t requires much input from our side. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 22 days ago

I enjoy both of them but shall I take the lighter and scoring subject in order to fully focus on PCM?

Saransh Saxena 22 days ago
Im expecting total marks of 469 in Aipmt.Will i get a seat?I belong to General category.

You can check the predicted rank by using following link http://www.askiitians.com/medical-exams/aipmt/rank-predictor/ All the best.
  img
Avinash 6 months ago

Expected cutoff marks would be above 440 for general category
  img
Avinash 6 months ago

its coming 1312!....totally impossible

Nithya 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off