DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

let (h,k) be a fixed point where h,k>0.a straight line passing through this point cuts the positive direction of coordinate axes at points P and Q.find the minimum area of the triangle OPQ

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Rahul,

lets take the equation of line to be x/a + y/b = 1 where line intersects x axia at ( a, 0 ) and y axis at (0,b)

Since line passes thru (h,k) therefore h/a + k/b = 1. ------- (1)

A = area of triangle OPQ = 1/2 * a*b

from eqn (1)

A = 1/2 * b * hb / ( b- K ) ( putting value of a from (1) into A )

= 1/2*b2h/(b - k)

to calculate min value of A, dA/db = 1/2 * h * ( b2 - 2bk ) / ( b-k )2

dA / db = 0 when b2 - 2bk = 0

or b -2k = 0

or b = 2k

At this value of b = 2k , the d2A / db2 is positive that is Minimum of A occurs at this value.

Putting in (1) a = 2h

Thus Minimum value of A occurs when a = 2h and b = 2k

Hence Min(A) = 1/2 * a * b = 1/2 * 2h * 2k = 2hk

Thus Minimum area of traingle OPQ is 2hk.

Please feel free to ask as many questions you have.

Puneet

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Hi This is regarding the JOSAA seat allocation I am not able to understand what to do and what not to I want to more to the next round for the allocation So should i just not do anything ?...

You will be having three options'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' . I suggest you to go understand the meaning of these terms from the official website of jee advanced. I...
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

I will suggest you to contact them. Because you can freeze, float and slide according to the couseling procedure. Please find the option, definetely you will get it.
  img

Ok. Very good.
  img
hello sir as there are many books for iee preparations. can u tell me a one to two books for for every subjects. please

Dear student, Here is the list of books you must refer: Physics HC verma part 1 and 2 New patter physics (arihant publication) IE irodov (if you like because this is only for advance...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
Sir I`m a bit confused, in counseling process, if I get the stream I put on top, is it mandatory that I have to go for it and I cannot choose the steams I put at the bottom even if I get it?

no , you have choices to chose from them, order is just for the sake of your preference, but you can select which ever course(whether its in top or bottom) if you meet the eligibility...

Prajwal Kavad one month ago

No its not like that, it is just a matter of your choice ….did you get that bracnh which interests you the most?if not...then you may go for joining another leading institution where...

is there any scope in civil engineering for girls?

Civil Engineering is also one of the best and preferred engineering stream. There are many scopes for this course. But according to me it's not good for the girls because there are many job ...

Leepika Roy 2 months ago

yeah ofcourse it is good stream for girls as ther is large chances of government job in civil engineering and also students have opinion that it is not good stream, but its not true so go...

ng29 2 months ago
Which is better between AMU or KNIT sultanpur for BTech?

I may say to go for comparison in regards of quality education, infrastructure, experienced faculty, placements and pay packages,.....wherever uou find it better, go for...

how can i prepare for iit after passing class 12th since there is no availability of coaching centre in my city?

Dear shashank You don’t need to worry about that now as can start online coaching where you can have a flexible timing ..So i wud advise you to join Askiitians.com. Cleck here to know ...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details