Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

if the algebriac sum of distances of points(2,1);(3,2) and (-4,7) from the line y =mx+c is zero;then this line will pass through a fixed point .find the co-ordinate of the fixed point

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

let that line be  ax+ by + c= 0 

then acc to question  ( 2a + b + c ) + ( 3a+2b+c)+(-4a+7b+c) /√a²+b²+c²  = 0  by putting the values in the eq 

on solving it we get  a +10b +3c=0  or, c= -a/3 - 10b/3

so the eq becomes  ax +by -a/3-10b/3 = 0   or   a(3x - 1 ) + b (3y-10) = 0 

so the intersection point of the lines   3x-1=0  and   3y-10=0  is the given point

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I am currently in class 11 and preparing for jee, should I join funny school or a regular one

@ prajwwal For sure u have to join a regular school , but donot waste your time here and there , u have to give jee prepareation the most time and school less time . " only then u can be...

Umakant biswal one month ago

hi friend surely you should join a regular school. in initial days children find it quite interesting and excited to join a dummy school but after some time they regret on it.children of...

SAHIL one month ago
Hi guys, Firstly I am new to this forum but it is amazing. I am an 11th grade student doing PCM and want to clear JEE-advanced. I have joined an Institute called Wisdom here. I am nothing...

@ paras thanks for being a part of the forum . as u are a grade 11 th student and want to clear jee advanced , u have ample of time to do so , and u have also a reduced school hours ,...

Umakant biswal 16 days ago
hi, iam janaki raman. how can i easily understand machanics

@ janki students consider mechanics as hard due to its tough formula , equation as well as complicated free body diagram and graph . but the thing u required is understand the concept ....

Umakant biswal 22 days ago
Molar conductivity at infinite dilution of Al (OH 3

Dear student The question is incomplete, Kindly repost.
  img
Bhavya 4 months ago
my obc rank is 26000 and i belongs to haryana can i get NIT KKR PLS TELL ME

hi rajan please make a visit on the following link http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html from here you can know the best available options for you all over...

SAHIL one month ago
How should i find the value of inverse trigonometry values. For eg:- when i was going across through ncert exercises physics class 12, Ray opics, 9.5 Question i need to find the value of...

Hii i meant to say that for standard angles learn the values in term of ratios and decimals rather than their root format . Questions pertaining to IIT JEE will not focus on calculation...
  img
Sourabh Singh 20 days ago

Hii You need to learn certain fractions values which are output of standard values .Hence you will get these values in terms of values
  img
Sourabh Singh 21 days ago

I have not understood. Can you please elaborate and also tell me if we can find out value of inverse trigonometry functions using log books?? Please help me in this regard.

Shreyas Patil 21 days ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off