sir, i'm manivannan from dindigul, tamilnadu. my son is akhil - now in class 9. sir, he has strong iit dreams. what i have to do as father to facilitate him in his pre preparations. well, he is good in maths. he has been an abacus national champion for 3 consecutive years and two times international champion as well. my problem is that we do not have coaching centres for this purpose in our town. could you please guide us as what we have to do to train him achieving his goal. pl help n guide us. thanks so much. regards, c. manivannan - 9952455284 ; man_chak@yahoo.com

sir, i'm manivannan from dindigul, tamilnadu. my son is akhil - now in class 9. sir, he has strong iit dreams. what i have to do as father to facilitate him in his pre preparations. well, he is good in maths. he has been an abacus national champion for 3 consecutive years and two times international champion as well. my problem is that we do not have coaching centres for this purpose in our town. could you please guide us as what we have to do to train him achieving his goal. pl help n guide us. thanks so much.

regards,

c. manivannan - 9952455284 ; man_chak@yahoo.com

Grade:9

1 Answers

AJIT AskiitiansExpert-IITD
68 Points
13 years ago

Dear manivannan ,

The profile of akhil as you stated looks very impressive and it gives a hint of his capability. if there are no coaching institutes in dindigul , then you can adopt a self study route. Teach him so that he just dont't use formulae but grasp the concepts behind the problems. He is good in maths , its a plus point but there has to be a balance btween three subjects in IIT JEE so never overlook  science . take a self study course from a good coaching institute , there are available for ninth class. make him join a test series. also he should solve and practise books other than school books. in ninth class there are several olympiad exams , fill those form. as he won't be in coaching , he shall require these exams to monitor himself. and lastly don't overload him lest his interest will fall. let him appreciate science and maths and i am sure he will reach the goals.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free