can anyone plzzz tell me the scope of instrumentation engineering and how good are its placements from iit kharagpur

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Pinky,

Instrumentation has a very good future scope .. it is the branch of engineering that deals with measurement.

According to ISA or known as Instrumentation and Systems Automation Society formerly known as Instrument Society of America, the official definition of Instrumentation - is a collection of Instruments and their application for the purpose of Observation, Measurement and Control.

Instrumentation plays a significant role in both gathering information from the field and changing the field parameters, and as such are a key part of control loops.

Instrumentation technologists, technicians and mechanics specialize in troubleshooting and repairing and maintenance of instruments and instrumentation systems. This trade is so intertwined with electricians, pipefitters, power engineers, and engineering companies, that one can find him/herself in extremely diverse working situations. An over-arching term, "Instrument Fitter" is often used to describe people in this field, regardless of any specialization.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Regards

Amit Yadav

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how many marks i have to score in jee advanced to qualyfie for iit bombay mach. engg. in ge category..???? GENREL

IIT Bombay Mechanical Engineering 2013 Opening Rank:24Closing Rank: 477 (GE) Hence, taking into consideration a minor shift in the opening and closing ranks for 2014, its safe to say that...
  img
Aziz Alam 15 days ago
Whats your opinion about Mathematics for the JEE Advanced 1st Edition by khurana and rajpurohit? Would it be enough for jee mains and jee advanced? Please reply soon.

http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this articel all the good books are mentioned in it, it will be very helpful for you.
  img
Sher Mohammad 12 days ago
sir, i want to know which book of phys. should i prefer for jee mains and advance prep. in which by short approach numericals are solved with theory

For concepts please consult either Young & Freedman(University Physics) or H C Verma. These books stress on concepts and the quality of the questions are also good. Thanks & Regards...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 days ago
is iiit delhi better than mnnit and iiit allahabad now??? coz its placements are very gud this year!!!

yes, your are right. Thanks & Regards Rinkoo Gupta AskIITians Faculty
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 2 months ago

iiit delhi is btr????????

venkatesh 2 months ago

Who told you IIIT D is better than IIIT A and MNNIT ? IIIT D is not even 1% of what MNNIT and IIIT A are forget about being better. Please don’t go by opening and closing ranks in deciding...

kavish Dwivedi one month ago
which topic should i read more attentively to crack iit?

YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON COORDINATE GEOMMETRY IN MATHEMATICS; THEN IN PHYSICS------- THERMODYNAMIC,ELECTROSTATICS,CURRECT ELECTRICITY,MAGNETISM,OPTICS IN CHEMISTRY ---- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS,...

FITJEE 9 months ago

YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON COORDINATE GEOMMETRY IN MATHEMATICS; THEN IN PHYSICS------- THERMODYNAMIC,ELECTROSTATICS,CURRECT ELECTRICITY,MAGNETISM,OPTICS IN CHEMISTRY ---- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS,...

FITJEE 9 months ago

calculus: mainly limits and definite integrals Co-ordinate: st. lines, circles and parabola Organic: GOC, isomerism,...

NANDA 5 months ago
Hi Sir, I am likely to get 208 in JEE advanced, JEE mains got 263, CBSE Board got 483. Question 1: What branch will I get in IIT Madras. Question 2: What branch will i get in NIT Trichy.

ans1: Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Biological Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering ans 2:electronics and communication, electrical, civil, chemical
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

Aerospace,chemical and civil at IIT Madras but I think IIT Delhi would be a better option for you.

AKSHAT BHANDARI one month ago
View all Questions »