Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: APR30

I am too confused in deciding the prefrence order of the following branches. Please help me in setting the prefrence order of these potential brances i might get as my iit rank is 2744

CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

PRODUCTION & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kharagpur

MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kanpur

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) --Kharagpur

TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY (B.Tech. 4 Yr) ---Delhi

BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOENGINEERING (B. Tech. 4Yr) -- Kanpur

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

INDUSTRIAL ENGG./I E & M (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kanpur

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Seema,

All the colleges and  the branches are not of the same ranking so I have made the preferance order of the choices you should opt for before going to the counselling on the basis of these two conditions.

1. Civil , Roorkee ( best stream among all IITs here )

2. Industrial Engineering , Kharagpur ( 4 yr. )

3. Chemical Engineering, kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

4. Metallurgical, Kharagpur

5. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering , kanpur

6. Production and Industrial, Roorkee

7. Civil, Kanpur ( 5 yr. )

8. Civil, Kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

9. Industrial Engg., kharagpur  ( 5 yr. )

10. Metallurgical, Roorkee

11. Textile , Delhi

12. Biological Sciences, kanpur.

Thank you.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

i am getting 116 marks in jee main 2016 will i qualify for jee advanced 2016 are ther any bonus marks in the paper

Dear student, 1 or 2 questions are expected to get bonus this time in jee 2016. but final jee’s decision will be final on this not any one else. Your score is good enough to allow you...
  img
Nishant Vora 22 days ago

Yes you will get qualification for JEE ADVANCE
  img
Sourabh Singh 22 days ago

dear friend, if you get the 116 marks in jee main, you will definately qualify to the jee advanced.. Not only 116 , you got only 105 marks you will admitted to jee advanced, it is this year ...

mohan 22 days ago
Sir I wanted some suggestions for books as I m starting my preparations for IIT JEE main as well as advanced.i have noted down some books through different resources.i m attaching a pic of...

DEAR RIDDHI GUPTA, I SUPPOSE TO H.C.VARMA BOOK PHYSICAL SCIENCE.IT CONTAINS SO MANY PROBLEMS YOU CAN SOLVE IT BY EASY METHOD.AND FOR MATHES I HOPE NCERT BOOKS ARE BETTER....

SAI SARDAR 7 months ago

I encourage op tandon for chemistry hc verma for physics and dc gupta for mathematics as i hav started my prepartion for iit ignore remaing books and cengage publications are also good to...

Avinash abhi 7 months ago

U can use h.c.verma for physics,cyngage for maths nd chemistry nd Riddhi Gupta u can also use d.c.pandey as even I started doing the same.

Drovan Reddy 7 months ago
i got 83% cbse want doing drop should go for improvement

Not required. But If you have scored very well in jee advanced or have the complete confidance then you can go for it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

I am not in favour of dropping a year, one must do so only when one is dead sure to imrove the next time....follow these guidelines if you have made up your mind to drop and prepare –Stay...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 9 months ago

There is a wide range of insrtitutions where you may get admission, and almost every college/university today claims to provide quality education using ultra-modern methods of technology for...

Mohit Kumar 2 months ago
Sir,i got 200000 air rank & nearly 65000 obc rank which college i can get & whether i get any nit

I guess you may get one, but to be double sure you must visit the official website of Jee mains and get to know about your stature there, also keep an eye on counselling rounds’ results and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 9 months ago

I

ABHAY SHUKLA 9 months ago
WITCH BOOK IS GOOD FOR 2017 AIIMS ENTRENCE EXAM

MTG aiims explorer is really good. it has the past papers for aiims. You’ll get an idea about the pattern followed by them. But you should also purchase subjectwise books in physics...

Neeti 9 months ago
tips to make concentration on study

Tips and strategies to improve your concentration Choose the right place to study Your choice of study space can influence your level of concentration. So, to promote concentration: Choose...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Soneel Verma 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off