ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I am too confused in deciding the prefrence order of the following branches. Please help me in setting the prefrence order of these potential brances i might get as my iit rank is 2744

CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

PRODUCTION & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kharagpur

MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kanpur

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) --Kharagpur

TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY (B.Tech. 4 Yr) ---Delhi

BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOENGINEERING (B. Tech. 4Yr) -- Kanpur

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

INDUSTRIAL ENGG./I E & M (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kanpur

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Seema,

All the colleges and  the branches are not of the same ranking so I have made the preferance order of the choices you should opt for before going to the counselling on the basis of these two conditions.

1. Civil , Roorkee ( best stream among all IITs here )

2. Industrial Engineering , Kharagpur ( 4 yr. )

3. Chemical Engineering, kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

4. Metallurgical, Kharagpur

5. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering , kanpur

6. Production and Industrial, Roorkee

7. Civil, Kanpur ( 5 yr. )

8. Civil, Kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

9. Industrial Engg., kharagpur  ( 5 yr. )

10. Metallurgical, Roorkee

11. Textile , Delhi

12. Biological Sciences, kanpur.

Thank you.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is 7+7÷7+7×7-7 ?

the answer is 0

d.kojalrani 3 months ago

vikas yadav 3 months ago

by bodmas,which means Divison,multiplication,addition,subtraction fallow the sequience. In future if you are willing to take admission in top universities with your desired degree then try...

abhinaipadachuru 5 days ago
Sir still waiting for the iit sample papers sir kindly give some specific time about when to provide them

Dear Student, All papers are available here http://www.askiitians.com/iit-papers/iit-jee-papers.aspx thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/sample-papers.html Oh then take this link!!!
  img

Okay Which faculty?
  img
SIR I got 113 in jee mains and 93.4% in CBSE Boards. I am from Delhi and an OBC. Can I get CSE. in DU this year?

Not sure about CSE, but you may get NSIT or DTU and their lower branches... Hope for the best.
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Never give up...always look at the brighter side of life...if one chance is lost somehow, you may get ten other chances...why don’t you try at other esteemed institutions like – Sri Sairam...

Frank Defeo one month ago

the chances are very less but still don’t loose the hope best of luck

grenade one month ago
What is Object Oriented Programming

A type of programming in which programmers define not only the data type of a data structure, but also the types of operations (functions) that can be applied to the data structure. In this ...
  img
Aditi Chauhan 6 years ago

Features of Object-Oriented Programming Languages Data encapsulation or data abstraction Data encapsulation, sometimes referred to as data hiding, is the mechanism whereby the...

Ravi Sharma 6 years ago

The Main Feature of Object Oriented Programming are : Encapsulation: The term encapsulation is often used interchangeably with information hiding.Information hiding in computer science is...

Swati Kharodia 6 years ago
A ray of light is incident on a surface of glass slab at an angle 45 0 . If the lateral shift produced per unit thickness is 1/3 m, the angle of refraction produced is?

Lateral Shift(x)= t sin(i-r)/cos r Given that lateral shift per unit thickness of slab= 1/3(= lateral shift/thickness=x/t) x/l=1/3= Sin(45-r)/cos r Solve the trig. eqns to get the value of r...
  img
Ravi 7 months ago
I am getting top NIT’s but only upto civil and chemical branch but I want to get CS so should i join nit and try for branch upgradation or should I drop ? Also while placement can I get job ...

Taking a drop is not a good option as you are already getting the top NIT’s. You get try for scoreing high in your first year and then apply for branch change. Yes, if you are good in...
  img
Vijay Mukti 28 days ago

Don’t drop..getting into an NIt is an Honour..why don’t you go for Chemical branch...in the coming years there is going to be a rampant demand of this branch...anyway thats your own choice...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 27 days ago

i think you should not drop out as you getting into top nits but depends on your interest all the best

sajid 11 days ago
View all Questions »