I am too confused in deciding the prefrence order of the following branches. Please help me in setting the prefrence order of these potential brances i might get as my iit rank is 2744

CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

PRODUCTION & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kharagpur

MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Kanpur

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) -- Roorkee

METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr) --Kharagpur

TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY (B.Tech. 4 Yr) ---Delhi

BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIOENGINEERING (B. Tech. 4Yr) -- Kanpur

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

INDUSTRIAL ENGG./I E & M (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kharagpur

CIVIL ENGG.(M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) -- Kanpur

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Seema,

All the colleges and  the branches are not of the same ranking so I have made the preferance order of the choices you should opt for before going to the counselling on the basis of these two conditions.

1. Civil , Roorkee ( best stream among all IITs here )

2. Industrial Engineering , Kharagpur ( 4 yr. )

3. Chemical Engineering, kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

4. Metallurgical, Kharagpur

5. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering , kanpur

6. Production and Industrial, Roorkee

7. Civil, Kanpur ( 5 yr. )

8. Civil, Kharagpur ( 5 yr. )

9. Industrial Engg., kharagpur  ( 5 yr. )

10. Metallurgical, Roorkee

11. Textile , Delhi

12. Biological Sciences, kanpur.

Thank you.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i got 112 i jee-mains. what college can i get?

The link below is IIT JEE Main Branch and College Predictor.You can use it to get the answer to your query. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/college-branch-predictor.html Thanks...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 26 days ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 26 days ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 26 days ago
which would be a better book for advanced questions : MLkhannah objective SK goyal RD objective or suggest a better book

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago

Hi, Both are equally good. Both have a huge problem set. SK Goyal have a quick chapter review as well. So it can be preferred if you need to choose one out of two. But both are equally good...
  img

img
Sir, can you tell some important short-cut techniques and methods on Integration,Limits and Coordinate geometry?

Dear jayakant There are some technique but these are very specific and applicable to very limited number of question.and if you are prepearing for exam like IIT JEE.then these short cut...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 4 years ago
Sir I am a Student Of Class 11 Preparing for AIPMT and AIIMS.Sir I m ToTALLY CONFUSED about my Preparation.i am Good at Physics as well as Chemistry.i Want to get Rank Under TOP 50 I can...

I would like to suggest you for NCERT firstly, Tkae a brief through NCERT, You would have idea about the syllabus and topic included for the AIIMS and AIPMT entrance exam. Later you must go...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 18 days ago
SIR WHEN aiims papers donot come out , how to believe the authenticity of these papers wether original or fake.Students also donot remember so many questions.

Hi It is difficult to comment on this issue. However, my best guess is these questions might be prepared by asking lots of students or may be some AIIMS staff. It is difficult to ascertain...
  img
Sumreet Johar 2 months ago
View all Questions »