Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

plzz suggest to choose between chemical at iit guwahati nd mettalurgical at kanpur and electrical at nit trichy/ warangal..i don't have any specific branch intersts except for the fact that i will not join civil

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Well, according to me,metallurgy is not a branch worth taking.Chemical is not a bad branch for placements,but guwahati is the least preferred amongst the older IITs........The best place to do electrical is NIT warangal{xcellent faculty}.but dats not an IIT{althought almost equal to IIT} My choice:

NIT warangal~IIT guwahati>NIT trichy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IIT KanpurCool

5 years ago

Dear Jack,

if there is no as such interest in particular branch then metallugical @IIT Kanpur wud be the best option for you ..As IIT K is one top three collages in India. Also the future in metaallrgy is great in terms of High end organizations Like BHEL, GAIL, ISRO , DRDO, BARC, and many other like SAIL, Jindal steels , Bhushan Steels .. 

but there are not much requirements as comapare to other like electricals etc ..  People from metallurgy prefer to got into research and pursue M Tech.  If done from IIT chances of going out of india are also worth as outside inida like in germany , ukraine, france, russia ppl are recruiting metallurgy students..

At last i wud like say clear ur mind and think of what u love best. dont compromise on that coz u got to live with it all ur life..

All the best for your Future !!

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

My jee advance rank is 8997(General Category)...after the 2 nd round iit bhu BPharma has gone upto 8389 and MPharma 8434....So can i get iit bhu in 3 rd Round....??

MIght be possible.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

May be, did you check in at the official website of Josaa, if not then immediately go for it,...if you made it there well and good, otherwise go for taking admission at – ITM uni,...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

How is Bparma of iit bhu...??if i get should i take it ..? n is there any procedure of branch change in bhu from BPharma...?

Rahul Attrey 10 months ago
I will be appearing for IITJEE-2016. I am very good at the concepts. But I am too slow. Any suggestions? How can I improve my speed?

Dear student, Please try to solve as many as questions as possible. By this definetly your speed will increase. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

the only way to improve your speed is by lots of practice and have one thing in mind and never think that your concepts are strong ther are many students whose concepts are upto msc level...

Prajwal Kavad 10 months ago
hii... i am tanvi gupta from jodhpur.. i am getting 312 in bitsat 2016 and 100 marks approx. in jee advance.. which college will suit me the best in these scores. pls help me.. not able to...

I’ll prefer Bits but it depends on which branch you want to take. Remeber one thing you can compromise with college but never ever compromise with branch you want to study.

Amey yesterday

i will definitely get a dual in pilani, goa and hyderabad. It will be Msc. +B.E .should i prefer it. cuz if i take direct BE it might be compromising.

tanvi yesterday

Then go for the dual course (Msc. + B.E.) as you’ll be getting your desired branch. All the best for your future!!!

Amey yesterday
what is the scope and career future of those candidates opting basic sciences in IITs/

Go changes either going for higher studies or for job.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Man I think that you should take a good branch in NIT I hope you are getting one as this branch has no scope you will regret your decision of taking this.

Akshit Matthew 10 months ago

Thanks, Sir Are basic courses very much sought-after in IIts?

rakesh chandra 10 months ago
What are the best books for studying for BITSAT 2017?

Dear student You can go for complete success package for bitsat by arihant publication and comprehensive guide to bitsat online by disha publication.
  img
Bhavya 27 days ago

GO TO LINK http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/important-books.html THANKS AND APPROVE MY ANSWER REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL 27 days ago
dates for availability of iit 2010 forms.

Dear Rohit, The IIT JEE 2010 Application Form will be Distributed 3rd week of November, 2009 and the last date for Submission IIT JEE 2010 Form will be Last Week of December, 2009. And for...

Amit Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off