Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

plzz suggest to choose between chemical at iit guwahati nd mettalurgical at kanpur and electrical at nit trichy/ warangal..i don't have any specific branch intersts except for the fact that i will not join civil

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Well, according to me,metallurgy is not a branch worth taking.Chemical is not a bad branch for placements,but guwahati is the least preferred amongst the older IITs........The best place to do electrical is NIT warangal{xcellent faculty}.but dats not an IIT{althought almost equal to IIT} My choice:

NIT warangal~IIT guwahati>NIT trichy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IIT KanpurCool

6 years ago

Dear Jack,

if there is no as such interest in particular branch then metallugical @IIT Kanpur wud be the best option for you ..As IIT K is one top three collages in India. Also the future in metaallrgy is great in terms of High end organizations Like BHEL, GAIL, ISRO , DRDO, BARC, and many other like SAIL, Jindal steels , Bhushan Steels .. 

but there are not much requirements as comapare to other like electricals etc ..  People from metallurgy prefer to got into research and pursue M Tech.  If done from IIT chances of going out of india are also worth as outside inida like in germany , ukraine, france, russia ppl are recruiting metallurgy students..

At last i wud like say clear ur mind and think of what u love best. dont compromise on that coz u got to live with it all ur life..

All the best for your Future !!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

from where can i get full study material for iit jee for free?

@ ayudi Askiitian only u can get iitjee material as free of cost , it have study material , revision notes , past year paper , experts tips and tricks are avaliable for free , rest u can...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
HI, I would like to buy your study material for IIT-JEE (mains & advance). But I am trying to call you on your toll free number (18002000838) , but it is saying invalid number. I am in...

Please provide your contact details, our concerned team will contact you. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

check the link for the related info for NRI section and the related study material and contact info http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-coaching-in-singapore/
  img
Avinash one year ago

I have already forwarded your number to our concerned team. Or you can visit the above link provided by Mr. Avinash to get all the information. Thanks.
  img
i got civil in iitbombay .now what should be do ? bcoz it is 14 no choice and at 12 no. mech iitb ,at13 EE in iitb .

you are getting iitb civil if you want to confirm that pay the fees and confirm it..that how you confirm your seat. Also before that make sure that there is NO next round of counselling....
  img
Nishant Vora one year ago

Dear student, You can alter your preferance/choices in the couselling portal if you have not locked/freezed it. If you have freezed or locked than can’t help, that will be fixed....
  img

That obviously means that you were not getting mech and EE as per your rank and you are getting civil in IIT bombay.
  img
Sir which of these would be better BITS Goa CS, IIT BHU Chemical Engineering or ISM CS if palcement & packages are to be considered

If palcements & packages are to be considered CS would take first place everywhere, all the time
  img
Avinash one year ago

CS id always ahead in terms of placement with respect to other branches. Also BITS goa has good coding culture

vb one year ago

so sir in your suggestion CS from which of these would be the best: ISM, BITS, DTU, NSIT

Mehul Bhatia one year ago
dear sir/mam i was an avrage student in class xith & got 60 % of marks. i am not satisfied with my studies at xith level.what would you suggest me to do for cracking IIT JEE.Right now i ...

Dear Meenal You are not late to start a preparation ….yes its true that cracking iit is not an easy job but its not impossible for average candidates ... You will have to work hard...

Amit Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
sir i got 85680 rank in jee main i want to take admission in NIT in electrical engineering....plz tell me is there any possibility of getting admission in NIT in electrical engineering...

Yes there is possibility, but you might have to wait for further rounds. Also depends upon the category rank.
  img

Yes, There is possibility for you.
  img

Sir i am OBC ncl can I get admission in NIT in electrical engineering branch

aman kumar one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off