Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

plzz suggest to choose between chemical at iit guwahati nd mettalurgical at kanpur and electrical at nit trichy/ warangal..i don't have any specific branch intersts except for the fact that i will not join civil

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Well, according to me,metallurgy is not a branch worth taking.Chemical is not a bad branch for placements,but guwahati is the least preferred amongst the older IITs........The best place to do electrical is NIT warangal{xcellent faculty}.but dats not an IIT{althought almost equal to IIT} My choice:

NIT warangal~IIT guwahati>NIT trichy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IIT KanpurCool

6 years ago

Dear Jack,

if there is no as such interest in particular branch then metallugical @IIT Kanpur wud be the best option for you ..As IIT K is one top three collages in India. Also the future in metaallrgy is great in terms of High end organizations Like BHEL, GAIL, ISRO , DRDO, BARC, and many other like SAIL, Jindal steels , Bhushan Steels .. 

but there are not much requirements as comapare to other like electricals etc ..  People from metallurgy prefer to got into research and pursue M Tech.  If done from IIT chances of going out of india are also worth as outside inida like in germany , ukraine, france, russia ppl are recruiting metallurgy students..

At last i wud like say clear ur mind and think of what u love best. dont compromise on that coz u got to live with it all ur life..

All the best for your Future !!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Hi guys, Firstly I am new to this forum but it is amazing. I am an 11th grade student doing PCM and want to clear JEE-advanced. I have joined an Institute called Wisdom here. I am nothing...

@ paras thanks for being a part of the forum . as u are a grade 11 th student and want to clear jee advanced , u have ample of time to do so , and u have also a reduced school hours ,...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
I got 212 marks in resonance Mains level test. Should it be considered a bad score and how accurate is the test series of resonance. ( I am a dropper)

@ himanshu resonance test series are best for the jee people . so, if u are getting 212 in mains test of that , then it is moderate ., i have also checked the MCT ques paper of resonance ,...

Umakant biswal 3 days ago
Should I choose non attending shcool in +2 for JEE preparations?

@ vansh No , most of the student are doing wrong here only , join a good cbs schools , but u need to make up the mind that u have to spend less time in school prep and more time on jee prep ...

Umakant biswal 26 days ago
FOR GETTING GOOD UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE IN IIT ENGINEERING WHAT MATTERS THE MOST,OVERALL PERCENTAGE OF 12TH STD OR JUST MARKS OF PCM.

hi xavier to get admission in a good iit college or in a nit or some good private institutions are your all over percentage matters and not only of PCM. THAT s why it is suggested to give...

SAHIL one month ago

@ XAVIER That purely depend upon the colleges where u are seeking admission , in the case of iit , frst of all u need to qualify mains , and then u need to qualify advanced , and for mains...

Umakant biswal one month ago
Then please tell me what should I do now

Please complete your question. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

plz tell me wat is ur question

Prajwal Kavad one year ago

Be clear,

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
I have got ECE at MNIT Jaipur. Is it good? I have a CRL of 4301. Will I get NSIT or DTU in any good branch?

Although EC at NIT Jaipur is good but getting same at DTU and NSIT would be better Pls provide me your home state details, ?
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago

I am from Chandigarh.

shaan one year ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj