Sir, I have got 3898 rank in JEE-2009…I am expecting to get following branches– 1. Metallurgical Roorkee 2. Mining Kgp 3. New IIT’s I dont want to take Mining.So, options left are Roorkee Metallurgy and new ones…Which one should I go for?? And also I wanted to know scope of metallurgy branch {i.e. what type of job I would have to do and are there good job availablity} I want your advise.. Thanks in advance...

Sir, I have got 3898 rank in JEE-2009…I am expecting to get following branches–

1. Metallurgical Roorkee

2. Mining Kgp

3. New IIT’s

I dont want to take Mining.So, options left are Roorkee Metallurgy and new ones…Which one should I go for??

And also I wanted to know scope of metallurgy branch {i.e. what type of job I would have to do and are there good job availablity}

I want your advise..

Thanks in advance...

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Anurag Dadheech
8 Points
14 years ago

pls reply someone.......

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Anurag,

Most of the metallurgical jobs are related to extraction of materials and generally chemical engineers from good college are prefered for that. As roorkee is not that good for Metallurgy you shoudnt opt fot that.

Regarding Mining, if you are optong for that its better to opt for ISM Dhanbad than going for kharagpur as the former is best in this field.

There are other options also for you at ISM Dhanbad like electrical, mechanical and if not New IITs will be a safe option as they have only core branches like electrical, mechanica, Comp, Civil. This will also be a safe option.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free