Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Sir,

I had been preparing for iit-jee 2010 for two years but could manage a score about 119 and my aieee rank was somewhere around 40ks, this in my opinion was due to shift in focus from competetive exam to boards where i managed to score 94.6%. my rank in ojee was 1154. But i have decided to skip the counsellings and go to kota to prepare again for iit-jee.

I would like to know your opinion regarding one year drop as an option as many of my seniors were vehemently opposing my decision. it would be better if i could know your answer as soon as possible as i have to take a decision quickly.

Awaiting your answer,

thanking you

Bibhas Panigrahi

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Bibhas

You are not selected in JEE,and your AIEEE rank is also not good.So you can drop 1 year for prepration

but you only drop ,if you think that you can get better college after prepearing one year ,otherwise should take admission to any college.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

which book should we prefere for trignonmetry for 11 th and 12 th other than R D sharma?

@ drumil Kindly mention for what purpose – board and school level or entrance level . If entrance then , frst of all ncert is most important for jee mains , after that u can go with...

Umakant biswal 23 days ago

you should prefer complete course iit mathematics of tata mc graw hill publishers. not only for trignometry it is overall a best book for iit jee advanced preparations regards sahil

SAHIL 25 days ago
Will I be able to get into IIT if I start learning the 11 th and 12 th portions from the beginning in the last 3 months?

@ mer yes, u can . but its very difficult to get into iit in revision of last 3 month, if u donot have a clear concept , then u cannot . see, in jee advanced you will face the question...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago

Remember that nothing is impossible. yes you can do preperation in last three months but it will be very difficult.hardwork is the only key to success so keep doing hardwork. But why not to ...

SAHIL 14 days ago
O am selected for B.Tech(mechanical) on Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalay Haridwar . Shiuld i get admission in this college ?

@ anand there are no other choice avaliable to you ?? if so, then if u have confidence then take 1 year drop for attempting the next year , but its actually not a good college to persue...

Umakant biswal 8 days ago
Hello sir my aieee rank is 300000 ..This only 1.5lakh user register their name for counsiling ..i know that from time of india newspaper....So can i get ANy IIIT or GFTI ...plz sir rply

As your score is too low to get in at an IIT/NIT so, I recommend you to visit the official weblinks of some renowned institutions to seek admission details and then get enrolled in any of...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago

Sorry brother no chance of NIT IIIT or GFTI I suggest you go for private and it is not that bad okay.

Akshit Matthew one year ago

and also the seat allotement is based on merit only and no other stats.

Akshit Matthew one year ago
sir i am currently in 12 th .. aspiring to become an engineer but what if i dont get selected in a good govt college.. is it ok to pursue engineering from a private college or should i drop ...

@ teghmann it depends upon the reputation of college and its placement status and the fee structure that u can afford or not . if the three things will be all correct then u can proceed...

Umakant biswal 17 hours ago
i scored 164 marks in jee main 2016 . can i get BSD branch in iiit hydrabad in 4 th round . last year 4 th round cutt off was 150 marks

yes then there are good chances of getting this branch this year also
  img
Nishant Vora 24 days ago

you must go for roorkee college of engineering roorkee. This college providing you 3 years Bsc courses in Agriculture and forestery. b.tech in different fields like petroleum engineering,...

Amit Kumar Singh 22 days ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off