I secured 2104 rank in IIT JEE this. My interest is to get into Mechanical or Electrical Engineering in any of the old IITS. By looking at the last year cutoff ranks, I will not get the branches of my choice in any old IITs. Considering the increase in number of seats this year, I may get Manufacturing Science & Engineering (B.Tech 4year, Last year cut off 1726) in IIT Kharagpur. If wont get this then I am planning to opt for MANUFACTURING SC.& ENGG./I E & M (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) in IIT Kharagpur. I need your advice on my selection and Kindly suggest me If they are any better options available.. Thanks in Advance, Raju

I secured 2104 rank in IIT JEE this. My interest is to get into Mechanical or  Electrical Engineering in any of the old IITS. By looking at the last year cutoff ranks, I will not get the branches of my choice in any old IITs. Considering the increase in number of seats this year, I may get Manufacturing Science & Engineering (B.Tech 4year, Last year cut off  1726) in IIT Kharagpur. If wont get this then I am planning to opt for MANUFACTURING SC.& ENGG./I E & M (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree) in IIT Kharagpur. I need your advice on my selection and Kindly suggest me If they are any better options available..

Thanks in Advance,

Raju

Grade:

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Raju,

At this stage where you are saying taht i m interested in mech. or elec. you dont even know what will be taught to you in the college.

Opting for civil at IIT Kanpur will be the best option. and if you wont to go with your interest you should opt for that at IT-BHU ( safe option ).

Thank you

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free