Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

thanks for your reply...

one more thing is that should i opt only iit over bits,vit,kiit,aieee.
iit-AIR1954
vit-358
kiitee-8

thanks for your reply

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Karan,

Yes , you shud opt IIT ..IIT is brand name and the top institute in India.. Also your rank is quite good..with this rank you can easily get a branch of your choice in old IITs ..  The IITs receive disproportionately high grants compared to other engineering colleges in India .. Also the top meritorious students from various parts of country ..This combination of success factors has led to the concept of the IIT Brand.. 

In international surveys however, the IITs fail to achieve the highest rankings, though they figure in most lists of top engineering institutions.

IIT Bombay was ranked 30th in the world in The Times Higher Education Supplement- QS World University Rankings 2009 - Engineering/Technology.

The Times Higher Education Supplement (2008) ranked IIT-Delhi and IIT-Bombay 157th and 174 th best overall universities respectively in their World University Rankings.

The THES also ranked 5 IITs in the top 100 globally for technology with IIT-Bombay ranking the highest at 36th.

For Natural Sciences, IIT-Bombay ranked 77th and was the only IIT to feature in the 2008 rankings.

All the Best !

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

In my CBSE Class 12 Exam held in the year 2016, I have secured : Maths-62; Physics-70; Chemistry-81; English-62; Bengali-89; Biology-79. Am I eligible for JEE Main 2017 ?

@ sakyajit yes , why not ?? you have a very good score in phy and chemi and maths also pass , thats the thing req for sitting in the jee main exam . i think u should ask about the advanced...

Umakant biswal 18 days ago
what is eligibility criteria for second attempt in jee mains?.. can any frist year student studing in any local college will be allowed to give jee mains?

@ mubin yes, for sure.. for attempting jee main u just need to fulfill the crietria of elligibility , that is 3 attempts consecutive a year , and inimum percentage required for sitting in...

Umakant biswal one month ago
sir,i got 62% in hsc maha can i eligible for jee 2017

@ bharat 60 percent ua re telling overall or after normalisation . if overall then u still have chances beacuse normalisation criteria for jee is diffrent , and for that not the top 5 will...

Umakant biswal 8 days ago
can i get into any private university,by qualifying jee mains.i did not right the entrance exams of that the colloges like vit,veltech,srm.please help me

There is a wide range of private colleges and universities which are dedicated to the noble cause of quality education by hiring the experienced faculty members in order to get better...

Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago

@ RAJESH YES , U CAN enter into the private college by the jee main score . for more details use the askiitian rank predictor tool . vit doesnot admit the student on the besic of jee main , ...

Umakant biswal 3 months ago

i did not write veltech and srm entrance exams.will they accept me.how should i contact them.please reply me sir.

rajesh 3 months ago
Sir, i`m i great need of a good counsellor`s help.. I am an obc candidate who scored 125 in jee mains and 93.8% (469/500) in cbse board.. Since i did not take any formal coaching for jee...

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html Using this rank predictor will give you a probable estimate of your rank, based on previous years scores and cutt-offs. Now if you ...
  img
Ankit 2 months ago

HI NITIKA YOUR SCORE IS NOT VERY POOR IN JEE . YOU CAN GET EASILY A NIT. BUT IF YOU ONLY WANT TO DO CS THAN I THINK YOU CAN DROP A YEAR BECAUSE WITH SUCH MARKS YOU CANNOT GET SC.; SO IN...

SAHIL 2 months ago
Who is known as father of Indian palentolgy. And explain term taxonomy? With full description.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birbal Sahani

Gaurav Medhe 8 months ago

I think akbar check in google..,.....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€ don't see multiple and ...post yr ques again...becoz even m weak in this matters gk

Rojy 4 months ago

Hi dear..here's yr ans Its Birbal sahani โ€ฆ.check it if have doubt He was the first..check it in google if u want

Rojy 4 months ago
View all Questions ยป

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off