Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

What are the prospects of Msc. integrated from an IIT?What are its job prospects?I actually ant to know integrated Msc. in details.. like....what do one do after integ. MSc.(what is his profession)?i have hrd that placements are similar to Mtech courses .. is it true?(talking abt integrated Msc from IIT KGP

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

MY SON HAS QUALIFIED JEE-2009 WITH AIR 4649. HE IS LIKELY TO GET M.Sc INTEGRATED 5 YEAR COURSE IN EXPLORATION GEOLOGY /  APPLIED GEOLOGY AT IIT KHARAGPUR. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE SCOPE OF THIS BRANCH, JOB PROSPECTUS . CAN HE GET SCHOLARSHIP IN THE FINAL OYEAR OF M.Sc COURSE AS M.TECH STUDENT ARE GETTING IN THE FINAL YEAR OF THEIR COURSE

7 years ago

Dear Ghosh,

Integrated MSc courses are same as othe undrgraduate courses exvept that you dont get a tech degree. The courses are mainly in Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Economics, Geophysics,etc. So if you choose mathematics your profession may be in banking sector.

In IIT Kharagpur , the students from Integrated Msc in Maths and Computing and Exploration Geophy are the ones with highest paid jobs .

One fact about IITs are that your job doesnt depend much on your department . Its your aptitude and talent which gets u a gud job. Most people dont prefer MSc coz they want a tech degree so they go to other iit or t the fact is that this course is very rich nad has got as good prospects as other courses.

And above all , from this year , the students of Integrated Msc will get a scholarship of 80,000 per year for research .So if u getting a low rank dont worry ,

join Int.MSc programs :)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Will I be able to get into IIT if I start learning the 11 th and 12 th portions from the beginning in the last 3 months?

@ mer yes, u can . but its very difficult to get into iit in revision of last 3 month, if u donot have a clear concept , then u cannot . see, in jee advanced you will face the question...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago

Remember that nothing is impossible. yes you can do preperation in last three months but it will be very difficult.hardwork is the only key to success so keep doing hardwork. But why not to ...

SAHIL 14 days ago
will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered ...

Yaa!! they will be considered in both IIT JEE MAIN & ADVANCED RANKS so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to...

Riddhi Gupta 10 months ago

Yana they will be considered in both iitjee main and advanced so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to advanced...

Riddhi Gupta 10 months ago

12 th marks will be considered for only jee mains ranking and as a criteria for qualifying to write jee advanced(i.e. to get int top 20 percentile or to get 75% above marks).. but they...

Mohit Kumar 6 months ago
prove that: sin 8 -cos 8 x÷1-2sin 2 xcos 2 x=-cos2x=sin 2 x-cos 2 x

Instead of waiting for 12 hours to get your doubts resolved and delaying your studies, try HashLearn Now app. Search for it on the Android Play Store. It is called CBSE/JEE/NEET-Get tutors...

Ankit 14 days ago
Sir I am jaswant .my date of birth is 21/02/2001.now I am studying in 11th.I want to fight neet 2018.does I am eligible.please replay.

@ jaswant yes, u are elligible with the age criteria only , after that u have to fill percentage and subject criteria also . that means u need to score 60 percent at least as a general...

Umakant biswal one month ago

yes jaswant surely you are eligible for neet 2018. to read full eligibility criteria visit http://www.askiitians.com/medical-exams/aipmt/ with warm regards sahil

SAHIL one month ago
A person moves 30m north, then 20m east, then 30root 2 m south west. His displacement from the original position is - ?

use north as + and south as -. Make respective vectors following this convention . South west is considered at an angle of 45 0 . This will help you in solving the question
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 days ago
My general all india rank is about 54000 and my OBC rank is about 14000 , By comparing the last years cutoff I may get in first round to NIT Kurukshetra(Mech.) on basis of my OBC rank but...

Its not true, you should compare with only AIR or only OBC ranks since in home state quota. For instance, a student has completed his class 11th and class 12th from Himachal Pradesh and...
  img
Avinash one year ago

Dear Divyum, you need to compare your AIR / OBC rank only and if you have any queries then you may visit the official weblink of JEE Main to find out the actual scenario.....and if you have ...

Soneel Verma one year ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off