What are the prospects of Msc. integrated from an IIT?What are its job prospects?I actually ant to know integrated Msc. in details.. like....what do one do after integ. MSc.(what is his profession)?i have hrd that placements are similar to Mtech courses .. is it true?(talking abt integrated Msc from IIT KGP

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

MY SON HAS QUALIFIED JEE-2009 WITH AIR 4649. HE IS LIKELY TO GET M.Sc INTEGRATED 5 YEAR COURSE IN EXPLORATION GEOLOGY /  APPLIED GEOLOGY AT IIT KHARAGPUR. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE SCOPE OF THIS BRANCH, JOB PROSPECTUS . CAN HE GET SCHOLARSHIP IN THE FINAL OYEAR OF M.Sc COURSE AS M.TECH STUDENT ARE GETTING IN THE FINAL YEAR OF THEIR COURSE

5 years ago

Dear Ghosh,

Integrated MSc courses are same as othe undrgraduate courses exvept that you dont get a tech degree. The courses are mainly in Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Economics, Geophysics,etc. So if you choose mathematics your profession may be in banking sector.

In IIT Kharagpur , the students from Integrated Msc in Maths and Computing and Exploration Geophy are the ones with highest paid jobs .

One fact about IITs are that your job doesnt depend much on your department . Its your aptitude and talent which gets u a gud job. Most people dont prefer MSc coz they want a tech degree so they go to other iit or t the fact is that this course is very rich nad has got as good prospects as other courses.

And above all , from this year , the students of Integrated Msc will get a scholarship of 80,000 per year for research .So if u getting a low rank dont worry ,

join Int.MSc programs :)

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I just want an advice for the following Question. If I am planning to write JEE(B.Arch.), what else shoul I prepare for other than Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ?

Hello Student JEE MAIN 2014 B.Arch syllabus Part - I Awareness of persons. places. Buildings. Materials), Objects. Texture related to Architecture and build environment. Visualising three...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Thank You Sir for the useful information.

Muhammad Shadhuly 2 months ago
how to prepare iit-jee mains exam?

Choose Proper Study Material: It is a common misconception among aspirants that preparing from a number of books will help them in getting good marks. The truth is that referring the right...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

First of all i think if you prepared for IIT then u will surely successful in AIEEE. Because jEE & AIEEE almost same standard but IIT is the most toughest exam in the field of under...

roschinkelley 2 months ago
its the end of october and now i have only 3 -4 months left for 12 boards and jee main ….I m really scared ...please tell me how to prepare myself in the remaining time.I have to get 95% +...

Hi, If you have taken coaching from class 11 itself. Then, focus on the revision of notes and solve test papers to see where you stand. But, don’t ignore your board exams as well....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago

Hi, Please don’t be nervous. Do your best, make study plan. Now, focus on your boards. Try the entrance exams next year....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago

sir i m taking a coaching for iit jee main + advanced from class 11 itself but now i feel scared ...

sarthak 3 months ago
which are the best engineering colleges for computer science in terms of best placements and future salary prospects

Computer Science stream seems pretty good in IIT’s, namely Kanpur,Kharagpur, Madras, Bombay, Delhi.These colleges get the early campus visits from computer companies as well as...
  img
Ravi 3 months ago

IIT’s and NIT’s top that cateogry. Other than these collegesw BITS Pilani , IIIT Hyderabad have exceptional CS placement records. They even beat out some of the IITs on that...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago

1 IIT Delhi 16.45 2 IIT Kanpur 16.2 3 IIT Mumbai 16 4 IIT Kharagpur 15.87 5 IIT Chennai 15.8 6 IIIT Hyderabad 15.53 7 IT- BHU Varanasi <15.37 8 IIT Guwahati 15.25 9 BITS Pilani 15.1 10...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago
Two blocks A and B which are identical weighing W, each are supported by a rod inclined at 45 degree to the horizontal as showing the fig. If the blocks are in limiting equilibrium, find the...

Dear student, Please put up the figure as well for the question, so that the question is clear. As it is not clear whether the blocks are inclined with the rods or the rods are above the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 6 months ago
I am a class 10th student of D.P.S Ranchi.I would like to know which among the is better for me.I am a good student getting always around 94-95% marks.Please help me!

dth:95%;"> well if u r so good then u sud go wid fiitjee or even vidyamandir as they have a high level which is required to crack iitjee

jaskrit kohli singh 5 years ago
View all Questions »