Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 15,000 off
USE CODE: suraj30

My general category rank is 5240 and OBC rank is 758. I would like to take up chemical engineering at IIT madras (btech or dual degree). I would like to know whether it is possible. Also, please tell me whether metallurgy has good scope.

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi ,

Opening- closing rank in IIT Madras: http://www.askiitians.com/opening-and-closing-rank-2010/iit-madras.aspx

Opening and closing ranks in IIT:

http://www.askiitians.com/iits-2009-2010-opening-and-closing-rank.aspx

For opening and closing ranks in new IITs  check the link

http://jee.iitd.ac.in/openclose09.htm    (this link includes the more detail analysis)

for code of the cources check the councelling broucher 2009.

----

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Askiitians Expert

Amit yadav

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

i got ism mechanic is it gud

sorry last answer was incomplete ….. ism is one of the best institute of our country and machenical is a good scope branch ...so go for it ….….….... PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 7 months ago

No doubt ISM Dhanbad is a very good pick and mechanical has got a very good scope, still if you are a bit doubtful, then go for virtual survey of the top rated institutions and visit their...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 6 months ago

yes ism is one of the best ind

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 7 months ago
Hi, Which online test series would you consider the best for preparing for JEE? Thanks.

I think, askiitians would be the best one, because, its the only one that offers such an online programme at a cost of online test series.. you must discuss it with askiitians faculty..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

You can enroll for online coaching on askiitians website http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/online-coaching/
  img
Avinash 6 months ago

if you are good in concepts then i will prefer resonance................

arsalan nazim 6 months ago
The equation of the directrix of the parabola y2+4y+4x+2=0 is:

Dear Student, Given equation of parabola can be rewritten as (y+2) 2 = -4(x-0.5). Now compairing which Y 2 = 4aX, a = -1. Therefore, the equation of directric is given by X + a =0 Therfore...
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago
Sir, i have 85% in haryana board..how much i should score in jee mains to get around AIR 3000.?????

Hii You need to score around 605-70% in order to get to that range OR if you are looking for State college in your state youc can score about 55% -60%
  img
Sourabh Singh 16 days ago
i m an avereage scorer and wishes to crack iit. i see iit questions aND try to solve them but i could not do them . they are hard for me to understand also when i ask teacher should i set...

Nothing is impossible, you don’t think over weakness.. You first go hard through all the basic concepts of topic and then check previous years questions on the topic.. Start with easy...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 7 months ago

Don’t lose heart and don’t be discouraged, be determined and never give up, sooner or later you will get results in your favour, follow these guidelines –Stay focused on your studies and...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 6 months ago
My son is appearing for Inter final exams in March .after which he has to apply for various colleges and universities.how do approach them and when do they have their exams.

Hi, As your son is just about to pass class 12, and if he wants to pursue his career in technical field then B.tech is good. .For B.Tech I would suggest you to look for areas that are...

Natasha Roy 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 15,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 15,000 off