DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
                   I have got a IIT JEE 2009 AIR of 6449 and have a BITSAT score of 306. I have already dropped a year for IIT JEE. I did not qualify last year.

I don’t want to go for any of the NITs. My choice would be out of IIT and BITS Pilani.

I might get some lower rung B.Tech/M.Tech courses in IIT KGP or Roorkee, maybe some M.Sc’s, and also something in the new IITs this year mainly due to the increase in seats. I don’t want to go for IT BHU and ISMU.

In BITS Pilani Campus, I would be getting BE Civil or Chemical, and all the M.Sc’s(They are guaranteed a BE degree in the 2nd year). Would taking the M.Sc’s ,if I don’t get a branch of my choice i.e Mech, be a good Option, considering i can get my choice of branch in the 2nd year relatively easily?
At BITS Pilani(Goa and Hyderabad), I would be getting any branch of my choice. Are the Goa and Hyd campus as good as PILANI?

And say,assuming I did not have the BITS option(Counselling is almost a month away)should I go for any course even M.Sc’s at the IITs even if I get something at the new IITs.

Please advise.

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Kazi,

Total seats at IITs is just 6895 which is quite near to you rank. If some students dont show up for counselling than also your most likely college would be new IITs or IT-BHU or ISM Dhanbad where you wont wish to go ( i also recommend that ). Taking any course at new IITs just on the name of IIT is stupidity as they are not stable and facing a lot of problems regarding foodin and lodging ( being mentored by the older IITs ).

Considering the other option i.e. BITS, you have a bright career there. This college is behind only 3 IITs in ranking and provides a secure future. you can opt for chemical or civil there. Opting Chemical would be better if you have interest( my personal view).

Hope you take the right decision.

Thank you.

6 years ago

hey, first of all congratz for ur performance!!!!!!!!

I think & by consultin some of the exremely qualified IITians you should opt for BITs PILANI &as far as new IITs are cocern they are of no use against ur PILANI degree,see MSc courses are not preferable for u . SO accordin to me opt for B.E. courses at BITS .GOA BITS ez now almost on the verge of gettin established like PILANI so thats also a better option then IITs for u !!!!! 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

hello sir, can u tell me one to two books for iit preparations of every subject please

http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx Please go to this link. You will find a detailed list here Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
I would like to know some good mathematics books to practice from for the IIT JEE Entrance Test. I do not attend any coaching classes for now. Would it be good to buy a module of a coaching ...

Calculus...arihant publication Algebra and Coordinate Geometry – S K Goyal Rest of arihant Publication OR Cengage Publications OR M L Khanna’s IIT JEE Mathematics
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

For Maths books consider these – S L Loney for Trigno and Coordinate Geometry,.....Hall and Knight for Algebra,........Tata Mcgrawhills for practicing questions and along with it follow...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
sir i am facing many problems with iit preparation.till now i have not started for its preparation and right now i am in class 11 mid term.i tried to solve few ques of kinematics from dc...

its , a small problem firstly clearly study the chapter and solve easy question then you became confident then solve book concept of phy hc verma then slowly slowly you become more...

ankit raj 12 days ago

thanks a lot .love this site.motivated me a lot

lalit 9 days ago
Who was the first Indian lady to go in space?

The first lady to go in space was Velentina Tereshkhova The first Indian lady was Kalpana Chawla

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago

Kalpana Chawla was first indian selected for space mission by NASA .. Who is the second???

amit yadav 6 years ago

I think , the name of second lady is sunita williams ......

ritu goyal 6 years ago
which country will host the 2014 football world cup ?

Brazil , the only bidding country, was named as the host nation of the 2014 World Cup finals by FIFA, world soccer's governing body. They will become the fifth country to host two World...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
Sir which is better to take it at nit kuk or cse at nit hamirpur?

Hi, You can prefer CSE at NIT KU. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

Hi, You can prefer NIT Ku. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

Dear Student, I can understand your problem of being in a fix what to do? Well it is equally true that KU and Thapar uni have earned a very good image in the field of education...still you...

Soneel Verma one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details