Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20

Sir, I got AIR-2095 in IIT-JEE. I have too many question to ask ?

1. What are the opportunities in civil engg.

2. What are the opportunities in mettalurgy

3. What should I prefer - Branch or College

4. Sir, from your opinion is it better to take M.Tech for a better branch than B.Tech ?

5. I heard that during placements M.Tech students are offered low packages than B.Tech. Is it true

6. Sir, I am totally confused which branch should I take. Can you suggest me ?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear YAshanshu,

Congratulation for clearing JEE2009.

1) and 2)  - Refer to the link below for last year cutoff details : -

www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-2009-rank.aspx

3) Based on you rank you wont be gettig both the college and the branch of your choice. You should make a balance between them. Good branches in IIT are : Comp Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, CIvil and good IITs are delhi, mumbai, kanpur and kharagpur. Go for best among these which you are getting. You can also opy for Architechture and Civil of IIT roorke, they are the best of this college. Also mettalurgy of IIT powai is a bright option for you.

4) and 5) Always opt for B.Tech and never for M.tech because they just waste your last year and even the package is also very low.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

I am getting cse at nit trichy ,warangal and surathkal plz suggest me which of these should i opt?

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

in my opinion nit warangal is best in all aspects campus , faculty , placements etc so i prefer nit warangal cse rather than trichy or surathkal also u will get good environment in warangal ...

ng29 10 months ago

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

RIYAZSHAIK 2 months ago
I am now passed from class 10 cbse and my main focus is on to crack iit-jee . So , basically i am now qualifiying in class 11 and want to know that what i select a attending class or a...

Be a regular student, If focusing for IIT JEE, you need to put little extra effort too. You should follow a strategy e focused:First of all, you should be mentally prepared and keep a...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Many students crack it with attending classes only as your basics get clear at school level. So for JEE classes it is easy to understand that. Please share your contact details so that an...
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

If its possible and if you can prepare well by yourself for the school exams then go for non-attending classes for schools.. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago
Respected person, This year i apperred for jee mains and advanced but just cleared cutoff and didn`t got the institution of my choice. I am going to get into private engineering college...

You can go this way. But by this it is very difficult to manage both the studies at a time and crack JEE Advanced. Syllabus is some what same but not completly. Still there will be some new...
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

@Soneel sir, I understood all you have suggested as above, but can you please throw some light over B.tech 1 st year syllabus along with JEE prepration COURSE.. Thanks again. :)

Naman 9 months ago
i got sc air 6565 and crl 161375.the 1 st round cut off for iiit jabalpur is between 2400-5500(sc rank). please tell my chances of getting it in 2 nd round..

You can be allotted the same in third round of counselling.. Just check the seat matrix also..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago

Just see the josaa first round seat allotment statistics. You will have the idea

vb 10 months ago
hw is iit ram ahemdabad….?? can we change our choices in second round

Dear student, This is a good college. I think you can change choices in second round. You can request the college authorities to help you. Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 10 months ago

Hey no they can’t change the choices they can help you maybe fill the choices properly. But anyways you can also changes it. once round 2 counselling starts. It goes like this Round 1...
  img
Nishant Vora 10 months ago

If the branch is not locked.freezed fromthe back end then there are chances to change it otherwise not possibe.....but you may certtainly go for the second way i.e. to try seeking admission ...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago
is every engineering branch in IIT good enough to obtain placement in reputed companies or govt. sectors?

Hi.. The placement is not only dependent on the college you are studying in.. What IITs do is that they will provide you the best opportunities to get good placements. It actually depends on...
  img
Sakshi 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off