0my age is 19 and i m giving 12 th in state board exam next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

0my age is 19 and i m giving 12th in state board exam next year....am i elligible for jee advance 2015

Grade:11

2 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago

For JEE 2014 the eligibility criteria for admission, in context of age was: Born on or after 1stOctober 1989. So for JEE 2015 you can have the idea about the exact date, i.e.,Born on or after 1stOctober 1990.So if you are born after this date or on thisdate then you don’t have any trouble regarding the age criteria.

Best Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty
Sher Mohammad IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 174 Points
9 years ago
EE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria

1. Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects

They must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology)

They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects

2. Date of Birth:

Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1989 to be considered for theJEE Main 2014.

SC/ST/PwD Candidates will have a relaxation of the upper age limit by 5 years.

SC/ST/PwD Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1984.

Note:Date of Birth as mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be taken as the correct one.

2. Year of Passing Qualifying Examination (QE):

Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination or other qualifying examination in the year 2012 or 2013. OR

Candidates who are appearing for their Class XII examination in 2014 are eligible

Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in their Class XII or other qualifying exam.
Note:This clause is Not applicable for candidates who have passed their Class XII or Equivalent in 2012 or 2013 even if they are appearing for improvement in 2014.

Candidates who have studied four subjects are NOT eligible.

Clarifications: Candidates will be eligible as per the year they have first written the 10+2 examination for eg Candidates who have appeared for the first time in 2011 and failed but have passed in 2012 are NOT eligible.

3. Number of Allowed attempts:

A maximum number of three attempts will be allowed per candidate provide the other eligibility criteria are fulfilled by the candidates

4. Candidates from Maharashtra, OdishaandNagalandwill have to appear for JEE Main 2014 as the respective states have joined in the JEE Main system along withGujarat.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free