Two blocks of masses M1 = 4kg and M2 = 6kg are connected by a string of negligible mass passing over a frictionless pulley as shown in the figure below. The coefficient of friction betwen the block M1 and the horizontal surfcae is 0.4. When the system is released, the masses M1 and M2 start accelerating. What additional mass m should be placed over M1 so that the masses (M1 + m) slide with a uniform speed?

Two blocks of masses M1 = 4kg and M2 = 6kg are connected by a string of negligible mass passing over a frictionless pulley as shown in the figure below. The coefficient of friction betwen the block M1 and the horizontal surfcae is 0.4. When the system is released, the masses M1 and M2 start accelerating. What additional mass m should be placed over M1 so that the masses (M1 + m) slide with a uniform speed?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
7 years ago
The question must have an attachment but it seems its missing.
Kindly upload the attachment too for the above question for proper solution and explaination.
Thanx! 
Nikhila Thakur
10 Points
7 years ago
I will post it as soon as I can. I can`t find it at the present moment. Sorry! And thanks for your efforts.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free