Two AC is given by i1=i o sinwt and i 2= i o sin(wt+^/3) will the rms values of current be equal or different? Can the peak value across the inductor be greater than the peak voltage of the source in an LCR circuit? An AC source is connected to a capacitor . Will the rms current increae, decrease or remains constant when a dielectric medium is inserted b/w into the capacitor?

• Two AC is given by                                                      i1=iosinwt and i2=iosin(wt+^/3)                                      will the rms values of current be equal or different?
  • Can the peak value across the inductor be greater than the peak voltage of the source in an LCR circuit?
  • An AC source is connected to a capacitor . Will the rms current increae, decrease or remains constant when a dielectric medium is inserted b/w into the  capacitor?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Abhishek Kumar
askIITians Faculty 255 Points
9 years ago
value will be same as it depends only on amplitude of current i.e. io

Yes. Because Voltage drop across L and C are opposite to each other and hence their sum can’t be greater but individually it can be.

As Dielectric is introduced, C increases. Thus, Xc decreases which effects Vc.But this doesn’t effects the Io. Hence no effect.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free