Please solve question no. 51 ..i am having doubt in 3rd and 4th option...(if we have to calculate the n factor of particular compound do we have to balnce whole redox reaction or particularly that compound)PLEASE SOLVE BY EQUATION.

Please solve question no. 51 ..i am having doubt in 3rd and 4th option...(if we have to calculate the n factor of particular compound do we have to balnce whole redox reaction or particularly that compound)PLEASE SOLVE BY EQUATION.

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Khimraj
3007 Points
7 years ago
Correct option is 1,2,3. because Br- changes to Br as it changes from -1 to 0. And in BrO3- Br changes from +5 to 0.Hope it clears. If u have doubts then please clearify. And if u like my answer then please approve answer
Parul Rajput
25 Points
7 years ago
But what i have done is.. BrO3- is changing into Br2 hence BrO3- changes from -5 to 0 but if we balance we have to multiply 2 in BrO3- so it should be 10electrons.2BrO3- = Br2 hence 10 electrons...isn`t this the correct way.
Khimraj
3007 Points
7 years ago
In BrO3- Br is in +5 not in -5 and why you need to multiply by 2 as already 2 atom of Be are in LHS (one in Br- and one in BrO3- )and RHS.
Parul Rajput
25 Points
7 years ago
Okay.. i got it thank u..by mistake i wrote -5.. I was confusing if we multiply 2 or not.. Thanks for clearing my doubt

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free