Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

The co-ordinates of a particle moving in xy-plane vary with time t as: x=at, y=bt+c. The curve traced by the particle is ---

a) Straight line

b) Parabola

c) Hyperbola

d) Circle

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Abhingya Patra

x=at ..........1

put value of t from equation 1

y = b(x/a)  +c

y =(b/a) x +c

this is equation of straight line

so the traced curve is straight line

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

What is the least size of the antennae for radiating wave of wavelength lamda?
The least size of the antennae for radiating wave of wavelength lambda is one-fourth of the wavelength that is, lambda/4 . Hope you understand my solution . ALL THE BEST..
Adarsh 2 months ago
three dogs sitting at the vertices of an equilateral triangle. The length of each side of the triangle equals to s meters. A person gives the command "Start!" and each dog starts to run...
In this type of question you can just find the velocity at which the separation b/w them is reduced,that is the net contribution of of all the velocities along the line joining both the...
Piyush Behera 6 days ago
Speed is vcos60 now we have distance =d and speed equal vcos60 so time is t=d/vcos60 that is 2d/v . Tell me if answer is wrong
Tushar 10 days ago
In a above question let us assume on sog at rest now component of first dog along o ther dog(assumed to be at rest ) so
Tushar 10 days ago
sir, what is the third state of matter? is it plasma state? what is plasma state? pl. give a example.
@ ajay there are actually 5 states of matter . they are 1- solids 2- liquids 3- gases 4- plasma 5 – bose einstain condensate state . so, u can catagorise any one of them into 3 rd position...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
dear iitians, please derive wave function Acos(kx-wt)
Dear Suresh, For deriving the wave function ACos(kx-wt) you have to cosider the ncert books and answer is given in chapter wavemotion.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
dear suresh... A wave function in quantum mechanics describes the quantum state of an isolated system of one or more particles. There is one wave function containing all the information...
mohan 9 months ago
Hello Suresh These wave functions are solutions of a differential equation called the wave ..... derivative of y With a— : a—[A sin( kx — wt )] = A cos (kx — (DOT = kA cos(kx ~ wt)
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
i am not understanding physics concepts so i want to take care about physics so u plzz sugguest mee
“This post has been due since long, as many students and parents have been requesting me to say something about the general ‘study’ strategy for building one’s career...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ srinu I agree with your point that physics is a scaring subject , but if you will give good approach , absolutely u can be the best .. What u ahve to do is the following 1- FOLLOW...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
an infinite line charge produces a field of 9.10^4 N/C at a distance of 2cm. Calculate the linear charge density.
Since,E= /2 r for charged infinite line so,charge density =9.10^4*(2 *.02)C/m
ujjwal one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts