Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

Plz list all the Derived Units and their special names.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Multiplication of physical quantities creates new units. When you calculate the area, the unit becomes multiplied by itself to become, m2. The unit of area is an example of a derived unit. Other derived units occur so often they are named after illustrious scientists, in honour of their work.

This Table  list derived units and their special names.

Name Symbol Quantity Expression in terms of other units Expression in terms of SI base units
Hertz Hz Frequency 1/s s-1
Newton N Force, Weight
Joule J Work, Heat N.m
Watt W Power, Radiant flux J/s
Pascal Pa Pressure, Stress N/m2
Lumen lm Luminous flux = 1/cd cd
lux lx Illuminance lm/m2 = 1/(
Coulomb C Electric charge or flux A.s A.s
Volt V Electrical potential difference, Electromotive force W/A = J/C
Ohm Ω Electric resistance, Impedance, Reactance V/A
Farad F Electric capacitance C/V
Weber Wb Magnetic flux J/A
Tesla T Magnetic flux density, magnetic induction V.s.m-2 = Wbm-2 kg.s-2.A-1
Henry H Inductance V.s/A=Wb/A
Siemens S Electrical conductance Ω-1
Becquerel Bq Radioactivity (decays per unit time) s-1 s-1
Gray Gy Absorbed dose (of ionizing radiation) J/kg m2.s-2
Sievert Sv Equivalent dose (of ionizing radiation) J/kg m2.s-2
Katal kat Catalytic activity mol/s s-1.mol
Degree Celsius °C Thermodynamic temperature TC=TK-273.15
7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

what is work energy thereom...................................?
For any net force acting on a particle moving along any curvilinear path, it can be demonstrated that its work equals the change in the kinetic energy of the particle by a simple derivation...
rahul kushwaha 26 days ago
To change the kinetic energy of a particle we have to apply a force on it and the force must do work on it. This relationship between KE and WORK is called "work -energy theorem...
Ankur Saha 26 days ago
Relation bewteen KE and W: The work done on an object by a net force equals the change in kinetic energy of the object: W = KEf - KEi. This relationship is called the work-energy theorem.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
Define scalar and vector quantities and distinguish between them
Scalar quantity basically associates with one dimensional quantity. But the vector quantity has direction with it. For example-> Force, Displacement, Area etc. Scalar includes current,...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
vector is a physical quantity which has both magnitude and direction.ex:velocity,acceleration,force,weight.
k sowmya 2 months ago
what is work..............................................................?
Work is done when a force that is applied to an object moves that object. The work is calculated by multiplying the force by the amount of movement of an object (W = F * d). A force of 10...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
dear tushan, Work is said to be done by a force when a body undergoes displacement in the direction of force.
SAI SARDAR 2 months ago
how does current changes with time in LR circuit across the inductor.
In a simple L-R circuit, If apply KVL we get, L*di/dt + iR = 0 integeratig both sides via variable separable method, we get, di/i = -R/Ldt integerate both sides now, log(i) = -(R/L)t i =...
Vikas TU 5 months ago
Which magazine is best for jee mains aspirants please tell me. Thank you in advance
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How to solve qustions of Electrostatics . I know th formula but not able to solve problems
@ sourabh In electrostatics u have to assume some complicated thing , so, for solving the problem , u need some assumption power like the presence of charge in a cylinder etc . and if u...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts