Acc to archimedes principle, loss of weight of a body in a liquid is equal to the wt of the liquid displaced i.e. W 2 -W 1 = Vpg But I read the synopsis in one of the books that when a body is dipped in a liqid, then it's wt in fluid = Vpg. Which of the two is right? Also Vag(1-p/a) = what ? Is it the change in fluid or the wt of the fluid in the liquid. here a= density of the body p = density of the liquid. What is the apparent weight of the body numericlly equal to? I got confused due to reading contradictory statements in different books. Please help me solve this dilemma.

Acc to archimedes principle, loss of weight of a body in a liquid is equal to the wt of the liquid displaced

i.e. W2 -W1 = Vpg

But I read the synopsis in one of the books that when a body is dipped in a liqid, then it's wt in fluid  = Vpg.

Which of the two is right?

Also Vag(1-p/a) = what ?  Is it the change in fluid or the wt of the fluid in the liquid. here a= density of the body

p = density of the liquid.

What is the apparent weight of the body numericlly equal to?

I got confused due to reading contradictory statements in different books. Please help me solve this dilemma.

Grade:11

1 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear Deeksha

Please refer the image

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

456_23499_Photo-0148.jpg

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free